Some Wants

Emel

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi ive got SKULLSNAPS - MY HANG UP IS YOU , its a boot as the only way to get a real one is on the L.P. Mine is on a 7" single. £15 inc post to uk £20 other.

Regards

Daz

The GSF 45 with 'It's a New Day' on the other side is a boot? Both the British and the USA issue? news to me, is this true, surely not?

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Ah the famous Pinch Brothers rules of record valuations, talk it up if we have and talk it down if you haven't. As someone who has both versions, and yes there are 2, of Buddy Connor and a copy of WFB I can conform you are indeed spouting pish big man. And in case you want to dispute fact do a search on here and find Mf Manship confirming WFB is a later release of BC, so like everything there are choices, just don't dress them up with fiction.

Social source share

Ah the famous Pinch Brothers rules of record valuations, talk it up if we have and talk it down if you haven't. As someone who has both versions, and yes there are 2, of Buddy Connor and a copy of WFB I can conform you are indeed spouting pish big man. And in case you want to dispute fact do a search on here and find Mf Manship confirming WFB is a later release of BC, so like everything there are choices, just don't dress them up with fiction.

what are you on about . i just said world funkiest band is cheaper. is that not right. we know buddy conner is from 1970 the delta stamp tells me that. and the wfb says 1978 on the record. all i said was it plays the same record which it does down to the final note on the copies ive had. the fidelity is a bit better on buddy conner and thats about it,take a listen. and whats this talking up and down business.

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=gYVZifn2zts

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

and ofcourse you are right about the rarer reissue of buddy conner from 1972 on red breakthru. that may be a remix. lets hear it.post it up jock if its different. its not on the internet. ive only had the 2 above and they are the same. when i was talkin about a 45 being edited in my original post i was on about the skull snaps. the uk copy is 25 seconds longer than the usa copy. not a lot of people know that

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

i already know about the WFB-version... thanks for the hint though!

but i'm sure there is a difference between the two versions. may it be a slight one but that makes me definitely prefer the buddy conner version. :lol:

theres a difference in the way that the orange 1st issue of buddy conner the sound quallity is a bit heavier. might even be mono. the wfb is stereo, but note for note word for word phrase for phrase its the same. and im fed up with people who should really know better saying otherwise. the rarer red reissue of buddy ive never owned. nearly bought it for £50 off mr barnfather once but i already had the orange one, if this is different why wont those that own it put it up and the `issue` can be put to bed. rant over. good look with purchasing your 45`s and best wishes for 2011

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

what are you on about . i just said world funkiest band is cheaper. is that not right. we know buddy conner is from 1970 the delta stamp tells me that. and the wfb says 1978 on the record. all i said was it plays the same record which it does down to the final note on the copies ive had. the fidelity is a bit better on buddy conner and thats about it,take a listen. and whats this talking up and down business.

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=gYVZifn2zts

dave

]

Aww you have taken out the halfwit,and I was getting excited wondering if it was still a term of sexual attraction in Yorkshire like it was when I spent much of my teen years there, or so they told me anyway.......

I think pointing out a record being 10 times cheaper without pointing out effectively its a re-issue is very not helpful and could easily mislead someone in their search for the vinyl, some people only want original to buy and play, so providing inaccurate facts isn't very helpful to our younger members is it really..... You know me, I am a stickler for sticking to the facts!

More important point, possibly one of the first crossover records, before people like me took the pace out of crossover, and a truly fantastic record, whichever version. :lol:

Emel you should now have soundclip to your email.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

]

so providing inaccurate facts isn't very helpful to our younger members is it really

As a 'younger member' i can confirm i was neither confused nor mislead by a statement made to tell me World's Funkiest Band is cheaper than Buddy Conner. I can also confirm that, as a human being of (fairly) sound mind and mental ability, i was able to use some basic technical skills to go on the internet and find this out for myself.

Obviously i need to study Dave and Bri's rules of record valuation book harder Jocko so i can be influenced more by their inaccurate facts, or maybe that's just a load of Pish too.

Azza

Social source share

As a 'younger member' i can confirm i was neither confused nor mislead by a statement made to tell me World's Funkiest Band is cheaper than Buddy Conner. I can also confirm that, as a human being of (fairly) sound mind and mental ability, i was able to use some basic technical skills to go on the internet and find this out for myself.

Obviously i need to study Dave and Bri's rules of record valuation book harder Jocko so i can be influenced more by their inaccurate facts, or maybe that's just a load of Pish too.

Azza

:lol: :lol: :lol: come on now Azza dont get caught up in a valuation war not worh the hassle

Merry Xmas pal

Social source share

]

Aww you have taken out the halfwit,and I was getting excited wondering if it was still a term of sexual attraction in Yorkshire like it was when I spent much of my teen years there, or so they told me anyway.......

I think pointing out a record being 10 times cheaper without pointing out effectively its a re-issue is very not helpful and could easily mislead someone in their search for the vinyl, some people only want original to buy and play, so providing inaccurate facts isn't very helpful to our younger members is it really..... You know me, I am a stickler for sticking to the facts!

More important point, possibly one of the first crossover records, before people like me took the pace out of crossover, and a truly fantastic record, whichever version. :lol:

Emel you should now have soundclip to your email.

Cheers

Jock

keep taking your medication buddy and have a good christmas

dave

Social source share

keep taking your medication buddy and have a good christmas

dave

Dave i think the Buddy Conner dispute was done to death last yr or was it the yr before .

Upshot was or is ,the 1st take is deffo different to the 2nd and a more authentic sound than WFB

Emel wants it because it has a more 60's feel to it opposed to the WFB which imo has a 70's vibe to it

Must admit ...it took some persuading me ,but i had to concede ,there is deffo a difference.

atb for xmas and noo yr to ye all :lol:

Social source share

Dave i think the Buddy Conner dispute was done to death last yr or was it the yr before .

Upshot was or is ,the 1st take is deffo different to the 2nd and a more authentic sound than WFB

Emel wants it because it has a more 60's feel to it opposed to the WFB which imo has a 70's vibe to it

Must admit ...it took some persuading me ,but i had to concede ,there is deffo a difference.

atb for xmas and noo yr to ye all :lol:

but the upshot is nev there should be no debate or dispute. the orange buddy and the wfb ARE THE SAME TAKE. whats to despute or debate about that. it only has a more 70`s feel because its being strereo`d up a bit to give it a more contemporary feel a few years down the line. what i consider to be a different version is different words or music as in say willie tee on blue or green gator or dee edwards on deto/morning glory. you know..... a total remix or re recording but in BC/WFB this is not the case. some people obviously think differences count as mono.stereo quadraphonic or whatever. i`m still wating to hear this proper different version of buddy conner. mind you when you used to see the temptones girl i love you listed they used to say same backing as the ringleaders ffs like i said when someone posts up the red reissue of buddy conner to see if this is different then only then will i be satisfied. it aint out there in computerworld yet CMON I WANNA HEAR IT PEFERABLY ON YOU TUBE AS SEEING IS BELIEVING.

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Source Advert