2011-01-29: 100 Club-6Ts

Guest CapitolSC

What a great night at the 100 on saturday

Got there bout 12 with me old mate Ronnie King my nighter partner from the 80s

Place was already heaving,great to see it really busy with old and new faces.

And a wide range of sounds played

Butch played 3 awesome 6ts tunes in a row dont know what they were but they were the dogs danglies.

Al H :D

Edited by CapitolSC
  • Replies 56
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

2nd night of my long awaited come-back tour and I'm glad it was such a good one. Loads of newbies on the dancefloor all night just soaking up the sounds. I seem to remember that I used to be able to dance all night when I was their age. Loads and loads of mates scattered all over the place and I, for one, loved the Latin that Mat played. In fact I loved his whole set - just superb mate. Faye was well knackered when you finished.

All in all, it had the two things that make any night a success - great records and bags of atmosphere. Don't know what all the fuss was about :rolleyes:

IMHO Last night the 100Club was as good as it ever was, drunks no longer permitted and the only two over enthusiastic flailing was politely stopped. doorman informed any one of the music policy so they don't wast their time.

I don't think any one roomed venue plays such a variety of soul. A whole load of young people basking in the mod/soul scene (I envied them, remembering how I was then) The 100 Club is totally unique as always, in a good way. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Really enjoyed the night .

Good start in the Blue posts , with all the faces there , thanks MIck S for the pint, good to see you Anton and Mr Weston both on form .

Anton drop me a mail with details of Sheffield dates etc.

Guest djs brought their own magic to the venue , welldone Matt n Ian .

The Fantastic Four Mick Ady Butch and Joel play lists worked the crowd well and the youth was in strength on the night too , magic !

Thanks Imogine for looking after my Jacket and Hat even though you thought i looked like a Frenchman on the way out the door.

Cheers to all , the chemistry is on the way back to this landmark event.

Thanks Billy for the lift . Regards FRANK .... NORWICH BACKSTREET S C

Just back from Donna's birthday jaunt and I'd like to thank everyone for getting their numerous arses down there.

It was a very unusual experience having lines of young keen, energetic and respectful punters queuing to get in the club. I think a lot of us hard-bitten regulars were in shock; it was almost like the club had been taken over.

I'm not really sure where they all came from, they were well dressed, some very moddy but definitely liked the Northern stuff and the 70s sounds didn't put them off either. Actually they were probably in a similar mould to Adam T and Swedish Marcus; international playboys :). When you consider there were a lot of the regular younger ones not there because of the next day photo shoot at the Dome, it's even more impressive.

I think a few have seen Soul Boy as Mick's Jimmy Radcliffe 'Breakaway' caused a buzz, so it's probably not put many off.

Musically it was very exciting and I'm getting to dig some of the non 60s stuff, though there are a couple of disco numbers that should be left on the shelves IMHO.

My only regret was Michael and Silke getting half-drowned by a beer crash. Billy reckoned it was a genuine accident but that's no consolation when you're wearing a couple of pints of lager. Please come as my guests whenever you make the trip again.

Ady

I thought the night worked so well because of the mix of sounds. Maybe good for the younger newer faces to hear all the styles of black music the soul scene encompasses as well? What makes the bashments in Spain for instance so brilliant is seeing mods dancing and genuinely getting into crossover, 70s and so forth, they love it all.

Late 70's stuff is Marmite to most people but i thought it was great seeing the whole floor dancing to Rideout, and later Rare Pleasure!

A top night yes.gif

Edited by corbett80

Source Advert