Sonic Soul - 28Th January 2011

Guest Northern PhanTom

• Replies 50
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The first thing I want to do is thank the most important people, YOU :D Those who were members last year and those who were SONIC SOUL Virgins. For me it was a personal high. To see this brilliant room with the numbers is deserves just blew me away :lol: My partner in crime Tom worked his socks off all afternoon putting the final touches to the room, I just turned up and put a few leads in sockets for the equipment. Thanks to residents, Ralph, Matt and Moldie.

Ted Massey, what can you say. Record after record was top stuff. We asked him to stay on for 15mins and he continued to pull monster tunes out. Ted you are the man :thumbsup:

I got home at 5am and at 7am there I was in my armchair with my grandson pushing my arm saying Granddad, granddad, grandad, granddad, nan I think granddad's not well :)

I am very sure Moldie will have pics up from the night.

Pat

Guest mellytee

The first thing I want to do is thank the most important people, YOU :yes: Those who were members last year and those who were SONIC SOUL Virgins. For me it was a personal high. To see this brilliant room with the numbers is deserves just blew me away :no: My partner in crime Tom worked his socks off all afternoon putting the final touches to the room, I just turned up and put a few leads in sockets for the equipment. Thanks to residents, Ralph, Matt and Moldie.

Ted Massey, what can you say. Record after record was top stuff. We asked him to stay on for 15mins and he continued to pull monster tunes out. Ted you are the man :lol:

I got home at 5am and at 7am there I was in my armchair with my grandson pushing my arm saying Granddad, granddad, grandad, granddad, nan I think granddad's not well :yes:

Pat

Surpassed expectations lads!!! biggrin.gif What a great night and well worth a quick trip up from Banbury. Atmosphere was just as welcoming as first time I attended at Town Hall, and immediately felt completely at home. Bar staff quick, friendly and helpful beer.gif - water free!! always a plus - sweeties and glo sticks on the tables and just fantastic music record after record after record. Some amazing dancers to watch and everyone smiling :wub:

Big Thanks to all of you involved - I think you have cracked it :thumbsup:

See you all soon

Melly XXXXXXXX

Guest boddington

The first thing I want to do is thank the most important people, YOU :D Those who were members last year and those who were SONIC SOUL Virgins. For me it was a personal high. To see this brilliant room with the numbers is deserves just blew me away :lol: My partner in crime Tom worked his socks off all afternoon putting the final touches to the room, I just turned up and put a few leads in sockets for the equipment. Thanks to residents, Ralph, Matt and Moldie.

Ted Massey, what can you say. Record after record was top stuff. We asked him to stay on for 15mins and he continued to pull monster tunes out. Ted you are the man :lol:

I got home at 5am and at 7am there I was in my armchair with my grandson pushing my arm saying Granddad, granddad, grandad, granddad, nan I think granddad's not well laugh.gif

Pat

Well done to Pat and Tom for all the hard work you put into the night , Marco and myself really enjoyed the evening and the Dj's played excellent sets from start to finish .

Excellent venue in the right location , so keep the good work going and it will pay off for you both .

Marco and myself cant wait till next month to play some blinding tunes behind those decks to make that floor shake :lol: so bring it on !

Kind regards Karl and Marco

well first time at Sonic fa me and woody, and I was very impressed with everything, I love the room, its fabulous darlinks :D

Musically , fantastic, no complaints at all from us, , only one thing that bothered me was the fact I wish I had put some flat dancing shoes on,:lol:cos my feet was aching :lol:

loved everybodys set,of course Teds the main man aint he ,& Moldies set. although I dont want to single people out, cos you all dun good, and Mats , oh darn it, lets face it every body was brill were they not !

I allways say I aint keen on that dark modern stuff :lol:

but I danced to one that pat played, I cant remember wot its called rolleyes.gif

all so caught up with quite a few people who for one reason or another I have not see for ages :lol:

Edited by mrs soul

well first time at Sonic fa me and woody, and I was very impressed with everything, I love the room, its fabulous darlinks :D

Musically , fantastic, no complaints at all from us, , only one thing that bothered me was the fact I wish I had put some flat dancing shoes on,:lol:cos my feet was aching :lol:

loved everybodys set,of course Teds the main man aint he ,but Moldies set. although I dont want to single people out, cos you all dun good, and Mats , oh darn it, lets face it every body was brill were they not !

I allways say I aint keen on that dark modern stuff :lol:

but I danced to one that pat played, I cant remember wot its called rolleyes.gif

all so caught up with quite a few people who for one reason or another I have not see for ages :lol:

IM SORRY YOU DIDNT LIKE WHAT I PLAYED

MOLDIE

Edited by Guest

after deciding to take the day of i arranged to meet up with pilsley soul front man barry cooper to play a few toons

and go through some sales we both had...i left my house at 10 am for the drive to grantham and arrived around 1pm where

i was met by barry and his loverly wife pam..was made to feel right at home and was made a superb lunch...the time flew by

and before i knew it i had to leave for sonic souls new venue....i arrived about 7.15 where tom and pat where waiting to

greet the crowds....my thoughts were....wow what a great venue and the tunes soon started flowing with ralph,matt and pat

doing there first sets...the venue was nice and warm and very clean with a superb dancefloor and a well stocked bar

it wasnt long before it was filling up nicely and my early set came and went and it wasnt long before matt,ralph and pat had

finnished there 2nd set

the special guest was up next and ted massey did what he does best..fills the floor and pulls massive tune after massive tune

out of his box that most ppl only dream off owning..in fact ted did so well he was given an extra 15 minutes and he didnt

let the dancers down.....pat had got an extension to go on a bit later and i got to end the night which i really enjoyed

although following ted aint no easy feet....

all in all a superb night at an excellent venue and im already looking fwd to my next visit

always great to see tom and therese...barry and pam....claire,gus and tracy...julie and kev...corby john and smiggy and nidge

also won a raffle prize so it couldnt get any better

it was back to claires after the event and boy can kev and julie rabbit..it was gone 4am before i got to sleep...many thanks

for hospitality once again claire

keep up the great work lads and see you all again real soon

moldie

IM SORRY YOU DIDNT LIKE WHAT I PLAYED

MOLDIE

soft lad :lol:

you aint read wot I wrote rite!!!!

I was goin on saying Teds , then you moldie,then saying that everyones was, do you see it now :lol::lol:

I head you at glouster Moldie. although you never speak or say hello. I love what you play :lol:

it does look funny the way I typed it though,:lol: sorry mate, your a bloody good dj hatsoff2.gif

AM I FORGIVEN :lol:

Tom, you reap what you sow and all the hard work is now paying off. I like this venue a lot. It has a very good vibe and I strongly urge anyone that is thinking of giving it a try to deffo do it! Pleased to see Karl and Marco guesting at the next one and will certainly make the effort to come along.

Well done guys!!! Steve.

Edited by Steve Brown

soft lad :lol:

I was goin on saying Teds , then you moldie,then saying that everyones was, do you see it now :lol::lol:

I head you at glouster Moldie. although you never speak or say hello. I love what you play :lol:

it does look funny the way I typed it though,:lol: sorry mate, your a bloody good dj hatsoff2.gif

AM I FORGIVEN :lol:

Only if you come to the stute next month to apologize personely [ mouldie guesting 4 the night ] :lol:

Decided at the last minute to visit Sonic Soul :lol: Sorry Claire for decending on you last minute but your hospitality was superb as always :D

Well what can i say.............. Was met at the door with some really really nice ppl :yes: walked in to see the look on moldie`s face ( is was a picture :lol: )

Great room for a soul do , dancefloor was excellent :yes: Don`t really know way ppl spoilt it with all the talc :no: should issue mops to them to clean it up before they leave :lol: enjoyed the music all nite thumbsup.gif some I was unsure of but the majority of it i knew and enjoyed dancing too even with my gammy legs :lol: Moldie your 2nd set was excellent also won the bet with Kev when you would play Ernie washington :lol:laugh.gif thanx for my Carol Anderson and the comment when you played Aretha Buddy xx

Also a big thanx to Ted Massey for playing Al Williams don`t hear that to much these days ( don`t know why or do we :D )

All in all had a superb nite in good company :lol:

Thanx to Tom, Pat and the crew for your warm welcome hope to be back again :yes:

And Moldie, you didn`t do to bad on the chatting side yourself :yes::yes::yes:

P.s Was good to see Sian, Dean & Cat from the Rugby crew :lol: sorry if i talked you to death :( see you on the 12th :lol:

Julie xxxxx

Edited by Julie Moore

I can't keep up with the posts, come on Tom, where are you :thumbsup: Melly it was great to meet up with you, what a cuddle. Mrs Soul I got what you meant, it came across perfect. Moldie as you said played a great spot :hatsoff2: Julie, so glad you made the decision to join us and thanks for your comments.

The youtube clips Moldie are brilliant.

Pat

Guest Northern PhanTom

I can't keep up with the posts, come on Tom, where are you :thumbsup: Melly it was great to meet up with you, what a cuddle. Mrs Soul I got what you meant, it came across perfect. Moldie as you said played a great spot :hatsoff2: Julie, so glad you made the decision to join us and thanks for your comments.

The youtube clips Moldie are brilliant.

Pat

Don't worry Pat will be doing full post later. Had long week and decided to have some one on one time with Therese. Just having a bite to eat then will be heading home.

Some great posts

Tom

Just wanted to thank Tom and Pat for asking me to spin a few and the extra 15 mins ave me time tp play a feew things i wish i had played earlier. Moldie, Ralph,Pat and Matt played some great stuff. Matt that Thorton sisters had me drooling. Its great venue and should push from here to great things. It was good to see so many friendly faces

soft lad :yes:

I WAS TIRED LOLOL..READ IT ANOTHER TEN TIMES...SEE IT HOW IT WAS MEANT NOW

I KNOW SORRY

I was goin on saying Teds , then you moldie,then saying that everyones was, do you see it now :lol::yes:

I PUT MY GLASSES ON..I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE PAIN HAS GONE

I head you at glouster Moldie. although you never speak or say hello. I love what you play :yes:

IM SORRY BUT IM SHY AND HIDE AWAY

it does look funny the way I typed it though,:yes: sorry mate, your a bloody good dj :thumbsup:

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS

AM I FORGIVEN :wub:

YEAH OF COURSE LOLOL

MOLDIE

Decided at the last minute to visit Sonic Soul :yes: Sorry Claire for decending on you last minute but your hospitality was superb as always :D

NOBODY DOES IT BETTER

Well what can i say.............. Was met at the door with some really really nice ppl :yes: walked in to see the look on moldie`s face ( is was a picture :thumbsup: )

IT WAS A BIGGER PICTURE WHEN CLAIRE WALKED IN LOLOLOL

Moldie your 2nd set was excellent also won the bet with Kev when you would play Ernie washington :lol::yes: thanx for my Carol Anderson and the comment when you played Aretha Buddy xx

THE PLEASURE WAS ALL MINE AND I MEANT WHAT I SAID

And Moldie, you didn`t do to bad on the chatting side yourself :yes::wub::yes:

I WAS TALKING IN MY SLEEP

Julie xxxxx

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE NICE COMMENTS

i dont spose anybody handed in my sales box?...small black with badges on...no claire not my socks or boxers lolol

regards moldie

Guest Northern PhanTom

Apologies for starting the thread and not posting a continuation until now. I was so tired by the time we got back after Sonic Soul I did not get up until mid Saturday morning and with one thing and another have not had the time. :D

Think my co promoter Pat Wallace has summed up most of what I was going to say but will just add my angle on things.

Firstly as Pat has already stated we would like to thank everyone who came on Friday and made our first night back at The Wycliffe Rooms so special. :yes:

It was great to see so many faces that went to "The Town Hall " last year come and support us, also there were a lot of new faces and first timers to Lutterworth. Also it was fantastic to see so many promoters of other soul events, many of which we attend their venues, come over and supports us. :yes:

When Pat and myself decided to take the plunge and move Sonic Soul back to the larger "Wycliffe Rooms" there was a high degree of risk things could go belly up. We had worked so hard last year with lots of help from our friends and fellow promoters to build up a slow but steady reputation at "The Town Hall" that moving could possibly go against us. :yes:

Also there were issues about changing to a Friday, starting at 7pm and bringing in a couple of extra rotating DJ's to our line up, split DJing times and a franchised bar, all these issues have put a strain on what we had built on last year and I know some of these changes have not been altogether welcomed with open arms by all of the team. Any change can cause rifts so to achieve all these amendments from last year without losing anyone has been a great sense of relief. So a big thanks to Ralph Forster & Matt Bates who were ever present last year with the old format deciding to stick with us this year despite the changes, the help we have received from these guys has been immense to say the least. :yes:

Back to the night, most of which has already been said, the turnout far exceeded our imaginations, all the regulars did the business behind the decks to keep as many Across The Board Soulies "Happy" and our Special Guest Ted Massey producing one of the best sets I've ever heard in my 38th year on the scene. "You done us proud Ted" :thumbsup:

Thank you for all your comments, please keep them coming in so we can take them on board to try and always improve your experience at "Sonic Soul. :yes:

I had several texts on night from soulie's who could not make it through illness or other personal matters sending their apologies that they could not be with us, hope you are all feeling better soon and not to worry, we are on every 4th Friday of each month and I' am sure at some point you will be able to get over to see us.

Once again thank you to all who attended and If I didn't get round to chat to everyone I know, my apologies, but it was very busy. :wub:

Special thanks to Moldie for spending so much of his time and effort putting together the "You Tube" footage, it is very much appreciated by Pat and myself.....................................................................:lol:

Tom wink.gif

Its been a long time since I've been over to Lutterworth, remember that time time Pat,:yes::thumbsup: good to see this night taking off for both you & Tom, I know how hard you guys work at putting this night on, good to catch up with so many friendly faces, had a great afternoon with Moldie spinning some tunes over at our place & of course Pam feeding him :lol: look forward to the next visit to Sonic Soul.

Barry

Guest Northern PhanTom

i dont spose anybody handed in my sales box?...small black with badges on...no claire not my socks or boxers lolol

regards moldie

Was it an old tatty box covered in badges and full of dubious pressings :lol:

Thought someone had chucked it out so I put it in the wheelie bin. :thumbsup:

Looks like I had best go and retrieve it, the bin men come in the morning. :yes:

Tom :yes:

Guest Northern PhanTom

soft lad :yes:

I was goin on saying Teds , then you moldie,then saying that everyones was, do you see it now :lol::yes:

I head you at glouster Moldie. although you never speak or say hello. I love what you play :yes:

it does look funny the way I typed it though,:yes: sorry mate, your a bloody good dj :thumbsup:

AM I FORGIVEN :wub:

Hi Lou,

Think you will have to invite him up to the west midlands more often, don't think he understands "THE LINGO"

it was nice to go back to the wycliffe rooms a cracking venue , i enjoyed the whole night im not going to single out any dj enjoyed all the sets i must admit i missed ralphs, look forward to hearing him another time keep up the good work lads you deserve it see you all soon best nige

regards moldie

Was it an old tatty box covered in badges and full of dubious pressings :yes:

UM...NO TOM THATS MY PLAY BOX LOLOLOLOL

Tom :thumbsup:

PS...theres a record in there that i said corby john could have for finding the box

regards moldie

Hi Lou,

Think you will have to invite him up to the west midlands more often, don't think he understands "THE LINGO"

hi tom

are you trying to PIMP me out ..lolol

yeah lou...wheres my invite lolol

regards moldie

Moldie , could`nt see your face when Claire walked in as you ran off and hid :yes::thumbsup::lol: Coward :yes:

Julie xx

dear julie

you have never experienced the claire glare lololol

i cudnt help being tempted by pams cordon bleu cooking

cheers pam...excellent cook and an even better looker

moldie xx

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Lou,

hi tom

are you trying to PIMP me out ..lolol

yeah lou...wheres my invite lolol

regards moldie

See you have some footage missing, did you step out for a Breath of Fresh Air :yes:

Will hang on to your PLAY BOX til I see you next, unless you need them for DJing :thumbsup::lol:

See you have some footage missing, did you step out for a Breath of Fresh Air :yes:

IT AINT EASY TELLING A LADY THAT YOU HAVE FALLEN FOR ANOTHER LADIES COOKING LOLOL

Will hang on to your PLAY BOX til I see you next, unless you need them for DJing :thumbsup::lol:

I BET YOU WILL USE THEM TO START DJING WITH LOLOL

CHEERS MATE

REGARDS MOLDIE

Blimey you lot make me sound ssssoooo scary !! I'm not .. I promise .. I don't even shout ..

For those of you that don't know, Moldie was supposed to join us for dinner but decided to have his meal with Barry & Pam instead, which is ok but would have been nice to have been told this .. Hence why he was hiding when I got there .. & yes you're right Julie he's a coward !! .. Ggggrrrr ...

Anyway he is forgiven ..

I took my friends Tracey & Gus with me for their first vist to Sonic Soul & they loved it as did I ..

Lovely welcome on the door from Tom ..

I loved the new venue & in my opinion you have made the right choice by moving back there..

Hope to be there next month even if I have to come on my own .. I know U'll look after me ..

Was great to see Therese, Barry , Pam , Sian ( even if it was just the Hello /goodbye ) .. Tabs I missed you !! .. Make sure you're there next month ..

Julie & Kev you are always welcome to stay tho more than an hrs notice would be better .. ha ha ...but my door is always open .. Love having you both ..

If you haven't tried Sonic Soul then I highly recommend it .. it is one of the most welcoming places I have ever been ..

In fact for all us single ladies I even saw some " Eye Candy " ( yes Moldie that's crumpet to u ! )

& finally to Moldie .. Thanku for playing my song & I forgive you...

Well done to everyone involved with Sonic Soul ,so pleased it's a big hit , see you in Feb if not before ..

Claire xxx

Blimey you lot make me sound ssssoooo scary !! I'm not .. I promise .. I don't even shout ..

no you just whinge...whine..moan...groan

For those of you that don't know, Moldie was supposed to join us for dinner but decided to have his meal with Barry & Pam instead, which is ok but would have been nice to have been told this .. Hence why he was hiding when I got there .. & yes you're right Julie he's a coward !! .. Ggggrrrr ...

i did try to contact you claire but the size of pams meal took my breath away and i coulnt speak

Anyway he is forgiven ..

yes but 5 hail marys was a bit much

In fact for all us single ladies I even saw some " Eye Candy " ( yes Moldie that's crumpet to u ! )

& finally to Moldie .. Thanku for playing my song & I forgive you...

thanks lololol

Well done to everyone involved with Sonic Soul ,so pleased it's a big hit , see you in Feb if not before ..

Claire xxx

moldie xxx

CHEERS MATE

REGARDS MOLDIE

yeh moldie i wish i got a pic of you hiding behind the curtain from claire laugh.gif and yes glad your sales box turned up mate i had to move it from the door when a wycliffe rooms health and safety officer gave me a ticking off :yes: i should of put it back in your hand mate ........soz

telll me again what you had at barries for lunch ? i remember it sounded real good......is he up for trades ?

i had a fantastic night ! {even though i felt a bit crook} im really glad how the move turned out for sonic ,you guys do put in effort ,in bulk ! ....im real proud to be a part of it.thumbsup.gif

send us some flyers for the next one tom

over n out

matt

Edited by bro

yeh moldie i wish i got a pic of you hiding behind the curtain from claire :lol

HI MATT..GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN..TOP SETS AS ALWAYS..I THINK SOMEONE DID GET A PIC

: and yes glad your sales box turned up mate i had to move it from the door when a wycliffe rooms health and safety officer gave me a ticking off yes.gif i should of put it back in your hand mate ........soz

NO PROBS..ITS SAFE IN TOMS CAR.....DBLS THE VALUE OF IT TOO

telll me again what you had at barries for lunch ? i remember it sounded real good......is he up for trades ?

IT WAS FINEST POMME DE TERRE MARINATED IN A RICH CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE ACCOMMPANIED BY BEANS AU BAKED AND A SPLENDID PUFF PASTRY PIE CONTAINING SUCCULENT BEEF AND A RICH GRAVY AND A FINE INFUSION OF SPECIALY BLENDED TEA LEAVES FROM DARKEST INDIA TO FOLLOW

i had a fantastic night ! {even though i felt a bit crook} im really glad how the move turned out for sonic ,you guys do put in effort ,in bulk ! ....im real proud to be a part of it.thumbsup.gif

HERE HERE

ME TOO TOM

over n out

matt

MOLDIE

Guest Northern PhanTom

yeh moldie i wish i got a pic of you hiding behind the curtain from claire :yes: and yes glad your sales box turned up mate i had to move it from the door when a wycliffe rooms health and safety officer gave me a ticking off :D i should of put it back in your hand mate ........soz

i had a fantastic night ! {even though i felt a bit crook} im really glad how the move turned out for sonic ,you guys do put in effort ,in bulk ! ....im real proud to be a part of it.:rolleyes:

over n out

matt

Great set Matt, nice to see Ted doing a bit of "DROOLING" :g:

Loved "The Thornton Sisters" :lol:

Tom :lol:

PS

Took the empty bottles you kindly left behind :lol: to the offy, and got 50p deposit back, only another 2,000

trips before I can afford to buy my own copy of "TTS" :D

Guest Northern PhanTom

Just wanted to thank Tom and Pat for asking me to spin a few and the extra 15 mins ave me time tp play a feew things i wish i had played earlier. Moldie, Ralph,Pat and Matt played some great stuff. Matt that Thorton sisters had me drooling. Its great venue and should push from here to great things. It was good to see so many friendly faces

Pure class Ted :rolleyes: thanks for doing the xtra 15 :g:

Cant wait for your next visit to Sonic :lol:

Tom :lol:

Guest Northern PhanTom

Quick thanks to Therese & Corby John for helping Pat & myself pack away at the end, I know Ralph wanted to stay but with the 30 min run on, he had to get off. :rolleyes:

Tom :g:

Guest Northern PhanTom

Thanks for providing us with a lovely venue and just up the road...:lol:

See you next time...wink.gif

Thanks Sian, :(

if we can achieve just a fraction of what Rugby Soul Club have aspired to over the years, then we will be more than happy. thumbsup.gif

Tom :D

Guest Northern PhanTom

Well done to Pat and Tom for all the hard work you put into the night , Marco and myself really enjoyed the evening and the Dj's played excellent sets from start to finish .

Excellent venue in the right location , so keep the good work going and it will pay off for you both .

Marco and myself cant wait till next month to play some blinding tunes behind those decks to make that floor shake smile.gif so bring it on !

Kind regards Karl and Marco

Thanks for the kind words Karl, :(

look forward to seeing you and Marco behind the decks @ Sonic, on the 25th of February :lol:

Tom wink.gif

Tom & Pat, what an impressive night, defo the better of the two venue's. Every single sound was mega and danceable as proven by my soaking pink shirt. (not wearing that again) Did the sprinkler system go off? I hope I am free for the next 11 nights of the year. Here's to a soulful 2011 at Sonic Soul. KTF

Tom & Pat, what an impressive night, defo the better of the two venue's. Every single sound was mega and danceable as proven by my soaking pink shirt. (not wearing that again) Did the sprinkler system go off? I hope I am free for the next 11 nights of the year. Here's to a soulful 2011 at Sonic Soul. KTF

Hey, thanks for your support both last year and at our first night in the Wycliffe Rooms. You are right it is a great venue. I'v said it before but big smiles all around when I looked around to see so many people in the room. The one thing Tom and I have enjoyed about SONIC SOUL is meeting and making new friends :thumbsup: . See ya at the next one.

Pat

Had a cracking night boys and I liked the venue (not saying I disliked the Town Hall though). This venue being available, was definately the right move. Great atmosphere ............ Great sets by all the lads spinning the tunes, something for everybody. And Ted Massey as your Guest DJ, Ted always plays a great set! Once again well done to you all on your first night back.

Really did enjoy it. See you at the next one!

Charlie Mc

Source Advert