Billy Floyd-My Oh My-Arctic

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

John Vincent spin before Dicky,reissued through Bonnie Brenner @ jamie/guyden in the 70's,superb flip,time made you change your mind,got mine of Dave Raistrisk for £7 @ wigan

Flip is great,only 60 mph if memory serves me.Only had a boot though.

Social source share

One of the harder things on the label,way rarer than dynamite exploded,same with herb johnson-carfare back,had a full collection which i sold to Pete Lawson,who sold the temptones to Ion,thats when it started to get played ,think at the time (early 80's ) only John Vincent & myself had the lot

Edited by soulsalmon
Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

flip is uptempo and very good-=

i had mine via dave R i think, richard didnt really play it-first time i heard it played regular was at Yate (+the brit and various nottm do's)

Social source share

Actually I clearly remember Pat Brady playing this at Saturday nights @ the Central in the late 70's along with "Sensitive Mind" - General Assembly amongst many others. Cracking record and 100% genuine Northern Soul in the traditional sense.

It was a revelation to me at the time because I thought we had Arctic covered. Little did I know LOL.........

Ian D :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Chris sold up around 1986/7 fantastic collection some went to Andy Spencer , me, Tony p and ohers remainder to Soul Bowl :hatsoff2:

i remember Andy showing me Magnetics bonnie, Jimmy Delphs, soulettes, Jimmy Burns, plus 2 other monsters he had just bought of Chris for £650 :D

Edited by Ted Massey
Social source share

Andy f¼++ing gazumped me though! Planty promised me Jimmy Wallace,Gene Toomes and Jesse Davis(theres room for me) for aprice of about 200 the lot :lol: Andy bought them held them in his hands for five minutes and then sold them on at a huge profit :ohmy: ...........Probably to you Ted :yes:

Steve

almost the Jimmy Wallace was c/u as Hermon Hitson Smile that was one of the last he sold to me for 65 no one wanted it. did get your Kel Osborne (highland) thou. we use to call him Andy (keep em 5 minutes) Spencer :lol:

hope you are well mate

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert