Blue Max Millward's - Special Memorial Night

BLUE MAX - SPECIAL MEMORIAL NIGHT

AS REQUESTED BY LINDA MILLWARD & FAMILY.

SATURDAY MAY 28th WILL SEE A SPECIAL VENUE,TO THE MEMORY OF A VERY SPECIAL CATACOMBS LEGEND THE ONE & ONLY "BLUE" MAX MILLWARD.WHO VERY SADLY PASSED AWAY ONE YEAR AGO 30th MAY 2010.

STARTS @ 8pm

FINISH @ 2am

£5 ON THE DOOR!!!!

ALL THE PROCEEDS WILL BE GOING TO A CHARITY CHOSEN BY MAX'S FAMILY.

BROOKFIELDS (STABLES)

CANNOCK ROAD

SHARESHILL

WOLVERHAMPTON

WV11 7LZ

THIS VENUE WILL BE PACKED TO CAPACITY AND BEYOND!!!!

FURTHER DETAILS ARE TO FOLLOW.

THIS IS THE FLYER THAT SADLY ENDED UP BEING THE LAST NIGHT @ THE STABLES FOR OUR DEAR FRIEND MAX.

JB x x x KTF x x x

post-7808-0-37785400-1301839796_thumb.jp

Edited by JELLYBEAN
  • Replies 72
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

DJ's SPINNING THE TUNES FOR MAX'S SPECIAL MEMORIAL NIGHT ARE.

JAMES MILLWARD (MAX'S SON)

TED MASSEY

KENNY ONIONS

JOHN PUGH

PHIL RICHARDS

NIGE BROWN

WULFIE

WOODY

PAUL DONNELLY

GAZ LEES

MARTIN

JELLYBEAN

JB x x x KTF x x x

Edited by JELLYBEAN

I too feel it an honour and privilidge to be ask!!

When my bezzy mate ( Nige Shaw) died a few years ago ,,,,,,,we were in Max's Reord Shop an havfing ing a chat and a coffee he ALWAYS made ya feel so welcolme didnt he!!

Nige S started to feel unwell a nd in true Max form he was so nice , helpful and comforting to Nige ,,,, Max along with me must have been one of the last people to see Nige Shaw alive as Straight from Maxes i took Nige to Stafford Hospital where he later fell into a coma and never opened his eyes again!!

I will never for get Max anyway ,,, but for the extra special care he showed my friend ,,, il take that with me till i meet up with the two of them in that niter in the sky!!

Right On Max ,,,, who were / are a Special Man

Below a few months before he left us ,, Max flogging me a tune,,, look at him smiling ,, the rascal!!

Nige B xx

untitled.bmp

Edited by Nige Brown

I too feel it an honour and privilidge to be ask!!

When my bezzy mate ( Nige Shaw) died a few years ago ,,,,,,,we were in Max's Reord Shop an havfing ing a chat and a coffee he ALWAYS made ya feel so welcolme didnt he!!

Nige S started to feel unwell a nd in true Max form he was so nice , helpful and comforting to Nige ,,,, Max along with me must have been one of the last people to see Nige Shaw alive as Straight from Maxes i took Nige to Stafford Hospital where he later fell into a coma and never opened his eyes again!!

I will never for get Max anyway ,,, but for the extra special care he showed my friend ,,, il take that with me till i meet up with the two of them in that niter in the sky!!

Right On Max ,,,, who were / are a Special Man

Below a few months before he left us ,, Max flogging me a tune,,, look at him smiling ,, the rascal!!

Nige B xx

Hi Nige,

I remember Mart taking that pic of you & Max it was at the Children in need charity night :thumbsup: pleased your gonna be a part of this very special night for our Max :shhh: see ya soon sweetheart. :lol:

JB x x x KTF x x x

Hope it is a very special night for a very special person.

I cannot make it as will be at Radcliffe, but will be thinking of Max.

Was at Radclffe selling a record to Rob Smith on the night when Max was taken ill. The next afternoon Gary Holyman rang up and said I should sit down as he had something to tell me.....

At Max's funeral saw Rob, and we both said to each other at same time how weird to think that we had been happily haggling over a record Ironically it was a Sandi Shelldon demo, one of Max's favourites) not knowing that Max was in hospital.

Have not run events at Lea Hall in Rugeley for ages. There's some minor issues that need sorting out, but I suppose the real reason is that it would have felt so strange without Max being there.

Can never hear so many of those Cats records - Johnny Sayles, Vonettes, Bob Relf, Richard Temple, Bobby Garett, Bobby Treetop "So Sweet, So Satisfying" - without thinkiing of Max.

Neil

Edited by NeilRushton1

DJ's SPINNING THE TUNES FOR MAX'S SPECIAL MEMORIAL NIGHT ARE.

JAMES MILLWARD (MAX'S SON)

TED MASSEY

KEN ONIONS

JOHN PUGH

PHIL RICHARDS

NIGE BROWN

WULFIE

WOODY

PAUL DONNELLY

GAZ LEES

MARTIN

JELLYBEAN

JB x x x KTF x x x

Will do our very best to be there, need to shuffle a few things round, but looking good so far thumbsup.gif

Hope it is a very special night for a very special person.

Neil

It certainly will be a very special night for a very special person Neil :lol:

Here's the flyer that Anton Ludwig very kindly designed for Max's memorial night and I must say he as done it BRILLIANTLY

Thankyou Anton your a*S*T*A*R*!!!!! :hatsoff2:

JB x x x KTF x x x

post-7808-0-57600500-1302601569_thumb.jp

Edited by JELLYBEAN

I have found some time ago a paper record bag from Max's shop from the 70Ts ..at a guess, probably one that contained a record

Woody used to hide from me cos we most likely could not afford it at the time,

:hatsoff2:

as you could always put a deposit on something and pay weekly, but that's another story..I will bring it with me, may not sound like much to some, but its the memorys of the shop and all that came with it :lol:

ever seen Max dance, here is having a go at a Backdrop, miss the ole bugger.

pisaphotos010.jpg

Yes I've only ever seen Max dance once Paul,it was to help raise money at a children in need charity night Nov 2009,Max was surprisingly quite a good mover considering his knees were knackered up from his footballing days bless him. :hatsoff2::thumbsup:

post-7808-0-65631900-1302943160_thumb.jp

Guest kerby

Yes I've only ever seen Max dance once Paul,it was to help raise money at a children in need charity night Nov 2009,Max was surprisingly quite a good mover considering his knees were knackered up from his footballing days bless him. :):thumbsup:

yes paul max was certanly knackered after that one . but he raised alot of money for children in need that night .

Yes I've only ever seen Max dance once Paul,it was to help raise money at a children in need charity night Nov 2009,Max was surprisingly quite a good mover considering his knees were knackered up from his footballing days bless him. :lol::lol:

Yes what started out as a joke between myself and max ...the look on his face was a picture when i first put the idea to him , after going around the room asking if they have ever seen max dance and most of them said no all of a sudden we had raised £60 if i could get him on the floor i returned back to max and told him how much if he would dance ..he said what record shall i do it to ..well at the time he wanted to buy my joe matthews on kool kat demo .. Ain't nothing you can do so i said that would be perfect and god bless him he agreed . months later he finally brought my Joe Matthews :thumbsup: miss ya Max !

"Blue" Max Millward's memorial night will be here before you know it,I do hope you can make it :lol: its going to be a very SPECIAL night for our Catacombs legend the one & only "BLUE MAX" :thumbsup:

JB x x x KTF x x x

How could you not love that face ? We miss you Max .

Sadly i cannot make it due to prior commitments , but my best wishes for what will be a cracking night .

Malc

post-5097-0-63600600-1303448332_thumb.jp

Edited by Malc Burton

How could you not love that face ? We miss you Max .

Sadly i cannot make it due to prior commitments , but my best wishes for what will be a cracking night .

Malc

I know Malc,I adore that pic of Max and miss him so much :lol: It's a shame you can't make it,but thanks for your best wishes,it certainly will be a cracking night thats for sure. :thumbsup:

Take care JB x

I have found some time ago a paper record bag from Max's shop from the 70Ts ..at a guess, probably one that contained a record

Woody used to hide from me cos we most likely could not afford it at the time,

:rolleyes:

as you could always put a deposit on something and pay weekly, but that's another story..I will bring it with me, may not sound like much to some, but its the memorys of the shop and all that came with it :yes:

Hi Lou,

We've not got a paper bag,but we have quite a few of these carrierbags from Max's shop. smile.gif

JB x x x

post-7808-0-13497900-1303814061_thumb.jp

Yes what started out as a joke between myself and max ...the look on his face was a picture when i first put the idea to him , after going around the room asking if they have ever seen max dance and most of them said no all of a sudden we had raised £60 if i could get him on the floor i returned back to max and told him how much if he would dance ..he said what record shall i do it to ..well at the time he wanted to buy my joe matthews on kool kat demo .. Ain't nothing you can do so i said that would be perfect and god bless him he agreed . months later he finally brought my Joe Matthews thumbsup.gif miss ya Max !

Chalky I remember the night so well he laughed the whole time he was on the floor and was well and truly knackered when he came off great night all round

Guest kerby

WELL IT,S GETTING CLOSE TO THE NIGHT WHERE WE REMEMBER OUR GOOD FREIND MAX . AND TO CELEBRATE HIS COMMITMENT TO ENTERTAINING US AND INTRODUCING MOST OF US TO THE SOUL RECORDS WE LOVE EITHER THROUGH HIS SHOP OR FROM PLAYING THEM AS A DJ . WE KNOW THAT IF WE PUT ON A NIGHT WHERE EVERY DJ & COLLECTOR COULD PAY TRIBUTE WE COULD TAKE UP A WHOLE WEEKEND . THE STABLES WAS ONE OF MAX,S FAVORITE VENUES AND WOULD BE OVERJOYED TO SEE A FULL ROOM AND A FULL DANCE FLOOR & I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT HE WILL BE THERE ON THE NIGHT TO SEE IT . SO PLEASE COME AND JOIN US AND HIS FAMILY AND MAKE IT A MEMORABLE NIGHT .

MAX SAID TO ME ONCE I,M ONLY A BLOKE PLAYING SOME TUNES , SO HERE ARE THE BLOKES AND LADY WHO WILL BE ENTERTAINING US ON THE NIGHT

8 - 9 .... MARTIN ( KERBY ) & WULFIE

9 - 10.... PAUL DONNNELLY & GAZ LEES

10 - 11.... JELLYBEAN & JAMES MILLWARD

11 - 12.... TED MASSEY & NIGE BROWN

12 - 1.... JOHN PUGH & KENNY ONIONS

1 -2.... PHIL RICHARDS & WOODY

WELL IV.E DONE MY BIT APART FROM PUTTING THE EQUIPMENT IN & CAPTURE THE NIGHT WITH MY CAMERA , IT,S UP TO YOU TO DO THE REST .

MARTIN ( KERBY ) PRESTON ,:thumbsup:

Edited by kerby

Chalky I remember the night so well he laughed the whole time he was on the floor and was well and truly knackered when he came off great night all round

its sure was mate .. done a lot of work with max even now when i'm looking through my guest dj list his number is always at the top ..i could never delete it , but the hardest was when we did the tribute with Nolan porter I'm sure he would had been proud of the words , this will be a top night for a top and great guy :hypocrite:

would never forget max ,,me and him share the same birthday!!!!!!

a wonderful man..........

Blooming Heck Mark, you look well for your age !!!

I thought you were in your 40's, not your late 60's, how wrong could I be !?!? :D

Hi All,

There seems to be a rumour going round that Max's memorial is by ticket only,well I can assure you all that it is NOT :lol: ITS PAY ON THE DOOR!!!!! :pirate:

Just wanted to make sure your all aware of that and also if you possibly can get there EARLY as it will fill up very quickly,so if you want a seat you'll have to be EARLY to get one ok. :yes:

Kindest regards Jellybean x x x KTF x x x :D

I remember mine & Marts first soul night since returning back on the scene like it was yesterday and its been almost 8 years ago now.It was the first Friday in August 2003 at the Kingfisher and Blue Max & Little Scotty were the only DJ's there. :lol:

Thie pic of them isn't from there,this was taken at Bushbury a few years later,because Mart didn't go round flashing until about a year after being back on the scene.Infact he'd never bothered taking pics seriously until then. :lol:

JB x x x KTF x x x

post-7808-0-49630100-1305267820_thumb.jp

Edited by JELLYBEAN
Guest kerby

As we have had thunder storms in cuprus i,ve just found a bit of time to remind everyone about this very special night . :thumbsup: Everyone has a memory of max and this night is to celebrate max,s life . all the takings on the door will be going to a charity of the familys choice . so come and join us and be part of this special memorial night to the great blue max . :thumbsup:

mart ( kerby )

As we have had thunder storms in cuprus i,ve just found a bit of time to remind everyone about this very special night . :thumbsup: Everyone has a memory of max and this night is to celebrate max,s life . all the takings on the door will be going to a charity of the familys choice . so come and join us and be part of this special memorial night to the great blue max . :thumbsup:

mart ( kerby )

Thunder storms in Cyprus well Mart is been 90 degs here blazing hot sun blue skies and real shorts weather :thumbsup: :thumbsup: been asked about this night loads so hopefully we'll have a packer of a night.

Gaz

Thunder storms in Cyprus well Mart is been 90 degs here blazing hot sun blue skies and real shorts weather :D:thumbup: been asked about this night loads so hopefully we'll have a packer of a night.

Gaz

Thunder storm only lasted a day Gaz,but it was still bloody hot :thumbup: and its been mega hot ever since especially today :thumbup:sweatingbullets.gif:yes:

As for Max's night it WILL BE A PACKER Gaz!! :(

See ya soon JB x x x

Guest Phil Richards

Looking forward to djing with Woody i remember the last time we did that :thumbup:

Edited by Phil Richards

Source Advert