• Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest REVILOT

Phil

This Runcorn bash looks set to be a belter.

Now then -

I have been under the stairs tonight, something I do quite often in recent times, but don't tell the mrs.

I moved a few boxes and underneath the sega mega drive and Delia Smiths cook book I came across a pile of wants lists circa 1980 - ish.

In among the pile of ancient text was a wants list from your good self.

I became curious as to what you have acquired since and what others you still "want" moreover are any now not on your radar... and how many have you had, let go and now regret.

Anyway here is a tayster of what was inscribed

BLACK EYED PEAS - ULTRA CITY

BIG FRANK - BLUE ROCK

THORNTON SISTERS - CUPPY

LOUISE PHILIPS - GOLD DISC

LITTLE STANLEY - VANCE

ARCADES - TRIAD

WANDERERS - CUB

BETTY LOU & BOBBY ADAMS - TRA-X

SPARKLES - OLD TOWN

BYRDIE GREEN - END

DUSTY WILSON - BRONSE

FREDDIE SCOTT - COLUMBIA

JOHNNY GILLIAM - CANCER

and at the bottom you said - "Get under those stairs J.C.."

well I finally did LOL....

The above shows that you have never been a follow me leader and I hope from this post to encourage others to get along to a belter of a night.

With Joan and Tony in toe it is bound to be a night of quality Soul that one does not come across every day of the year.

Off back under the stairs now. thumbsup.gif

Phil

Now then -

I have been under the stairs tonight, something I do quite often in recent times, but don't tell the mrs.

I moved a few boxes and underneath the sega mega drive and Delia Smiths cook book I came across a pile of wants lists circa 1980 - ish.

I became curious as to what you have acquired since and what others you still "want" moreover are any now not on your radar... and how many have you had, let go and now regret.

BIG FRANK - BLUE ROCK

THORNTON SISTERS - CUPPY

LITTLE STANLEY - VANCE

ARCADES - TRIAD

WANDERERS - CUB

SPARKLES - OLD TOWN

BYRDIE GREEN - END

DUSTY WILSON - BRONSE

FREDDIE SCOTT - COLUMBIA

JOHNNY GILLIAM - CANCER

The above shows that you have never been a follow me leader and I hope from this post to encourage others to get along to a belter of a night.

With Joan and Tony in toe it is bound to be a night of quality Soul that one does not come across every day of the year.

lol, think between a few of us on here we have purchased off or sold phil one or two of these, some times more than once..:thumbsup:

plus the thousands of others that hes had for a week and sold, to realise he wanted them back a few months later

I know what ever phil plays will be of the finest quality, wether hes had it one on a dozen times..

Do Know that there is one on that list that he has just got AND NEVER HAD BEFORE>>>>>>>>..:thumbsup:

hope to see you there will be a fantastic night...i know coz Phil told me....

Had my young football team made it through to the cup final I'd have missed this, as it turned out we lost out on goal difference by just 1 goal so I can make it down and am so happy about that - never told my lads that!! So, looking forward to catching up with a few good friends and having a right old dance to myself.

David.

Sorry to hear your lads didn't make the final but like you say you can come to Grumpy now.

Will be great to see you again :thumbsup:

Had my young football team made it through to the cup final I'd have missed this, as it turned out we lost out on goal difference by just 1 goal so I can make it down and am so happy about that - never told my lads that!! So, looking forward to catching up with a few good friends and having a right old dance to myself.

David.

Be great to see you Dave it's gotta be time for a whoo hoo, getting quite excited now. The amount of interest in this night is amazing can't wait to see you all at Grumpy's. We've also got a group on facebook called Grumpy Soul so if anyone want's to join it just let me know.

Sharon

Phil

Now then -

BIG FRANK - BLUE ROCK

THORNTON SISTERS - CUPPY

LITTLE STANLEY - VANCE

ARCADES - TRIAD

WANDERERS - CUB

SPARKLES - OLD TOWN

BYRDIE GREEN - END

DUSTY WILSON - BRONSE

FREDDIE SCOTT - COLUMBIA

JOHNNY GILLIAM - CANCER

B-hell mate, I can almost picture that list :lol: No great foresight on my part at all John, just that I was fortunate enough as a youth to be around lads (and lasses) with great taste, knowledge and passion who'd furnish you with top tips and tapes of stuff to listen to etc. Great, great days and if we can resurrect even an ounce of that passion via our little bash I'll be well happy.

I note that Kev's posted a reply already :yes: As he suggests, most of those 45s have been and gone sadly, for various reasons. (Thornton Sisters still p*sses me off to this day but it did pay for a nice free-standing bath at the time as I recall :thumbsup: Paulette and Ernestine Eady on Phil La too, they still bother me a lot most days). I did finally manage to get hold of Little Stanley though and that's never, ever going anyweher I can assure you. It'll be getting an airing at GS along with a clutch of other things from that period in time.

Just got back from a trip away with the missus actually and ever more amazed and excited by the level of interest in this night. Absolutely awesome and (while I certainly wouldn't want to offend or deter anyone at all from coming along and getting right into it with us) it's particularly nice when folk like yourself, Salmon, Harry, Tony F etc etc say you're coming along to support us i.e. those that have been around for donkeys and who absolutely got it and still get it. Looks like it's gonna be packed and rockin all night, let's hope so.:g:

I'm a bit excited by the way ...

okay this thread has been going strong for the last few week, just three weeks left before the big night...couple of tables for dealers already booked(FOC)....

if you would like to join our face book page please feel free, just request an invite

Friday night was buzzing with tunes being posted some of which will defo being played on the night.....this continued this well oninto the wekend

thanks toeveryone for the continued support for the night......:thumbsup:

okay this thread has been going strong for the last few week, just three weeks left before the big night...couple of tables for dealers already booked(FOC)....

if you would like to join our face book page please feel free, just request an invite

Friday night was buzzing with tunes being posted some of which will defo being played on the night.....this continued this well oninto the wekend

thanks toeveryone for the continued support for the night......:thumbsup:

That's great!

Did you post the second podcast on here Kev? Don't do two-facebook I'm afraid :lol:

Don't think he has yet Joan but this is the latest thing he's been playing with and posted on two-facebook :lol: :lol:

Hope this works as I'm not very good at putting links up.

Sharon

Bloody marvellous Sharon how did you manage to find a Elephant that's as miserable as Kev living in Runcorn :lol:

Dave

Three quality record dealers already confirmed :( (Bring those little sales boxes along too folks of course, Mr Cunliffe will be in attendance :thumbsup: ) . We'll be at the club this weekend to sort the final bits n bobs out, making sure everything is absolutely spot on.

Really fantastic buzz around the night - top stuff Kev re Facebook, podcasts etc. (Massive thanks also to Tonys B&F and to John for the site info, plus Willie and Dave for the flyers. Top lads all and there'll be a beer or two waiting for you on the night for sure).

We're really overwhelmed by the encouraging comments from so many up-for-it folk thus far.Just over a couple of weeks to go now so get those arrangements made and make sure you come on down and join us on Sat 9th :thumbsup:

Think there's some fish in the canal Ian but no idea what they are hope your not thinking of bringing your rod :hatsoff2:.

Sharon

Try these Sharon

Cod in batter, Kippers, Scampi and Fish Fingers! some daft tw#t forgot to empty his shopping trolley before he dumped it :yes:

Just added "Universal Mind" on Red Coach to my play box, incase Ian decides to cast off :thumbsup:

Dave

Try these Sharon

Cod in batter, Kippers, Scampi and Fish Fingers! some daft tw#t forgot to empty his shopping trolley before he dumped it :hatsoff2:

Just added "Universal Mind" on Red Coach to my play box, incase Ian decides to cast off :thumbsup:

Dave

:yes: : yes::yes: :yes::yes:

Edited by munchkin

Try these Sharon

Cod in batter, Kippers, Scampi and Fish Fingers! some daft tw#t forgot to empty his shopping trolley before he dumped it :hatsoff2:

Dave

More like pastie's and kebab's in Runcorn Dave :yes:.

Sharon

Just by way of a v brief update ... we nipped down to the venue last night to confirm one or two final things with the manager and there was a function on so tables and sound system set-up, bar open and a few folk in, unlike when we first went to see it (see pics earlier in the thread) when it was closed and empty on a Sunday afternoon. While we could all clearly see the potential even then and all thought it was a really good room, having seen it 'up and running' we all came away absolutely convinced that it's about as perfect as we're gonna get and it'll be absolutely awesome when it's full of rocking grumpy b*stards on the 9th July :hatsoff2: (Maybe its cos we're not promoters? Well chuffed anway!!!!)

The Mgr clearly wants to pull out all the stops to make the night a memorable one for everyone concerned, and primarily the punters :thumbsup: No problems with talc on the dancefloor if you want it, ensuring the lighting is just right, tables are set-up exactly how we want em, good facilities for record sales, [non-tracing] paper in the bogs - even the gents :yes: Simply can't do enough to accommodate us and is pulling out all the stops to ensure the night goes absolutely according to plan and is tip top; what a bloody pleasure!

Cock-a-hoop and full of beans then, we popped across the border to the Yorks Rider to drum up support from t'other side o'tPennines. It transpires that the good word has already spread - yes, even as far as Brighouse and Halifax - and we look forward to a decent Yaarks contingent joining us and everyone else from far and wide on the night.

Come on!!!!!

Ps.By way of a caveat to what was, on the whole, a successful, relaxing and enjoyable evening ... ... we nearly didn't make it anywhere after Mr Livesey decided to 'cut' across a fairly significant motorway verge at about 40mph. Didn't bat an eyelid the lad, oh no, not a bit of it. Simply eased himself back in his seat and announced "cabin crew to positions for take-off", which Joan and I duly did: I caressed the windscreen while she nearly created a new sunroof bless her.

Tony hopped out and checked the vehicle for any damage, along with Mr Spittle (checking, not damaged); responsible motorists both, clearly. In the interim I thought it best to lean over and press the brake pedal with my right hand as were were by now rolling slowly but none-the-less steadily and purposefully along the hard shoulder.

And yet, despite our panic, interspersed with [by now hysterical] fits of laughter, Mr Livesey remained rock solid and entirely unphased by the whole episode. He confirmed this for us by making two announcements:

i)"there's not a mark on it" ; followed by the immortal

ii)"you can't go anywhere without me."

Thanks again for that mate. Kinell, and there we were panicking like old women eh :yes:

Dear reader and prospective Grumpy Soul supporter, I'm sure you'll agree that all this augurs well and that this cautionary tale is proof positive that every cloud does indeed have a silver lining. One can't help but be reassured by that level of composure under pressure and I for one am more relieved than ever you're on the team T. WTF can possibly bother you after that performance mate????

PPs: Tony, without wanting to damn anyone with faint praise here... ... rest assured that I'm fooking driving tonight pal. However, first and foremost I'm off to the shops ... ... On second thoughts, might post a 'want': 'Tall traumatised male, Preston, looking for neck brace and handbrake cable. Please contact Royal Preston Hospital [whiplash section]. No tyre kickers, please.'

x

Edited by PhilT

Lordy lordy, don't go dying on us before we've even got there! :thumbsup:

PS: I'll pack some plasters and my sack-truck in case of injury.

Edited by TheSoulgirl

Lordy lordy, don't go dying on us before we've even got there! :yes:

PS: I'll pack some plasters and my sack-truck in case of injury.

That's kind m'dear thanks. I'll be sporting back-up undercrackers in an attempt to, erm, cover all bases (once I've had the surgeon remove the remnants of last night's from the crack of my arse that is. Urrgghhh, I do apologise: that's pretty disturbing breakfast-time imagery on reading it back :hatsoff2: )

Can't bloody wait now, gonna be absolutely brilliant :thumbsup:

Just by way of a v brief update ... we nipped down to the venue last night to confirm one or two final things with the manager and there was a function on so tables and sound system set-up, bar open and a few folk in, unlike when we first went to see it (see pics earlier in the thread) when it was closed and empty on a Sunday afternoon. While we could all clearly see the potential even then and all thought it was a really good room, having seen it 'up and running' we all came away absolutely convinced that it's about as perfect as we're gonna get and it'll be absolutely awesome when it's full of rocking grumpy b*stards on the 9th July :hatsoff2: (Maybe its cos we're not promoters? Well chuffed anway!!!!)

The Mgr clearly wants to pull out all the stops to make the night a memorable one for everyone concerned, and primarily the punters :thumbsup: No problems with talc on the dancefloor if you want it, ensuring the lighting is just right, tables are set-up exactly how we want em, good facilities for record sales, [non-tracing] paper in the bogs - even the gents :excl: Simply can't do enough to accommodate us and is pulling out all the stops to ensure the night goes absolutely according to plan and is tip top; what a bloody pleasure!

Cock-a-hoop and full of beans then, we popped across the border to the Yorks Rider to drum up support from t'other side o'tPennines. It transpires that the good word has already spread - yes, even as far as Brighouse and Halifax - and we look forward to a decent Yaarks contingent joining us and everyone else from far and wide on the night.

Come on!!!!!

Ps.By way of a caveat to what was, on the whole, a successful, relaxing and enjoyable evening ... ... we nearly didn't make it anywhere after Mr Livesey decided to 'cut' across a fairly significant motorway verge at about 40mph. Didn't bat an eyelid the lad, oh no, not a bit of it. Simply eased himself back in his seat and announced "cabin crew to positions for take-off", which Joan and I duly did: I caressed the windscreen while she nearly created a new sunroof bless her.

Tony hopped out and checked the vehicle for any damage, along with Mr Spittle (checking, not damaged); responsible motorists both, clearly. In the interim I thought it best to lean over and press the brake pedal with my right hand as were were by now rolling slowly but none-the-less steadily and purposefully along the hard shoulder.

And yet, despite our panic, interspersed with [by now hysterical] fits of laughter, Mr Livesey remained rock solid and entirely unphased by the whole episode. He confirmed this for us by making two announcements:

Thanks again for that mate. Kinell, and there we were panicking like old women eh :yes:

Dear reader and prospective Grumpy Soul supporter, I'm sure you'll agree that all this augurs well and that this cautionary tale is proof positive that every cloud does indeed have a silver lining. One can't help but be reassured by that level of composure under pressure and I for one am more relieved than ever you're on the team T. WTF can possibly bother you after that performance mate????

PPs: Tony, without wanting to damn anyone with faint praise here... ... rest assured that I'm fooking driving tonight pal. However, first and foremost I'm off to the shops ... ... On second thoughts, might post a 'want': 'Tall traumatised male, Preston, looking for neck brace and handbrake cable. Please contact Royal Preston Hospital [whiplash section]. No tyre kickers, please.'

x

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Might not have phased you 3 Phil but I nearly had a heart attack watching from behind and Kev had an asthma attack whilst driving back, quite honestly I've never seen anything like it can't believe he did it and wouldn't mind but think Joan said the sat nav was telling him one thing and he just ignored it lol. Well at least there was no damage done wasn't bothered about the car you can always replace that but had visions of you and Joan being crumpled up against the windscreen.

As Phil said we went up to the venue and saw it set out properly looks great, manager's even got dark curtains to put up at the windows (with it being summer well supposed to be summer lol) and gonna take bulbs out of the lights for us how goods that. This time in 2 weeks I'm sure me, Kev, Phil and Joan will be running round like headless chickens whilst Tony will just take it all in his stride :yes:.

Sharon

:rolleyes::thumbsup::lol::P Might not have phased you 3 Phil but I nearly had a heart attack watching from behind and Kev had an asthma attack whilst driving back, quite honestly I've never seen anything like it can't believe he did it and wouldn't mind but think Joan said the sat nav was telling him one thing and he just ignored it lol. Well at least there was no damage done wasn't bothered about the car you can always replace that but had visions of you and Joan being crumpled up against the windscreen.

As Phil said we went up to the venue and saw it set out properly looks great, manager's even got dark curtains to put up at the windows (with it being summer well supposed to be summer lol) and gonna take bulbs out of the lights for us how goods that. This time in 2 weeks I'm sure me, Kev, Phil and Joan will be running round like headless chickens whilst Tony will just take it all in his stride :P.

Sharon

We were nearly headless chickens last bloody night :lol:

Just by way of a v brief update ... we nipped down to the venue last night to confirm one or two final things with the manager and there was a function on so tables and sound system set-up, bar open and a few folk in, unlike when we first went to see it (see pics earlier in the thread) when it was closed and empty on a Sunday afternoon. While we could all clearly see the potential even then and all thought it was a really good room, having seen it 'up and running' we all came away absolutely convinced that it's about as perfect as we're gonna get and it'll be absolutely awesome when it's full of rocking grumpy b*stards on the 9th July :thumbsup: (Maybe its cos we're not promoters? Well chuffed anway!!!!)

The Mgr clearly wants to pull out all the stops to make the night a memorable one for everyone concerned, and primarily the punters :rolleyes: No problems with talc on the dancefloor if you want it, ensuring the lighting is just right, tables are set-up exactly how we want em, good facilities for record sales, [non-tracing] paper in the bogs - even the gents :P Simply can't do enough to accommodate us and is pulling out all the stops to ensure the night goes absolutely according to plan and is tip top; what a bloody pleasure!

Come on!!!!!

Thanks again for that mate. Kinell, and there we were panicking like old women eh :P

x

Just spoken with Joan

She reckons Tony has been scouring all the local car lots this afternoon he's looking to buy a convertable :lol:

Dave

Source Advert