Solid Hit Soul, London

Just got back , taken the dog for a stroll, and still naturally buzzing from yet another superb evening at the Shooting Star in Shoreditch.....Just a quick summary before I hit the pit.....The BEST Soulnight I have been to in a very long while......Proper Northern....with ethos ....without egos! ......Long may it continue :thumbsup:

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes I have to agree, absolutely brilliant. Great stuff from the residents and Ted's set, magnificent, or at least till I left at 11.50 to get my last train. Nice to see so many of my friends there. It would be good if the SHS residents were given sets at the 100 Club allnighter sometime. Their music would go down extremely well imo.

first time for me and woody to solid hit soul, after Des keep saying how good it is, and after our good friend Ted saying how he would like some company on the long journey, we decided to take a plunge and go, now fridays are very hard for us, unless we get a lift, because the ironic, thing about this is, that's is not that far from where Woody works, in fact we could have met him there, but that would mean he would be doubley tired, so after driving home friday he found himself going back up the m40 again in the same day!:lol:well there was also in this array Weston and Alan Edge, well I sat in the front, I aint daft :hatsoff2:it was along journey, but ,we do like a-sing-a-long, especially to the Hopkins bros, where we all do a chorus each in turn ohmy.gif

finally arriving about 9 15ish after heavy london traffic, we arrived, and I have to say what a stormer of a soul nite, the music was of an outstanding quality, you know it would put a niter to shame, it was of an outstanding quality, oh sorry have I said that twice, well thats because It bloody well was, I cant fault any of the dj,s they all played supurb sets, Ted was on magnificent form yeah he's a good friend, but I will always say what I mean!we just had the best time ever, and it was not if we did not know anyone, a few good friends was there last nite,thumbsup.gif

I have to agree with Geoff, the music and the Dj,s could and should grace the 100 club, I have been there a few times you know over the years,and I do hope they get the chance :hatsoff2:unfortunate we had to leave befor the end , but hey, think on, I rolled into bed at 5am this morning and thats just from a soul nite, tired, as we had all been at work before hand, would we do it again, you bet your soul life we would, I had one of the best soul nights out that I have had for a very long time, it was worth every last mile up the m40, fantastic, well done to the promoters, and for your choice of music and guests :yes:

Guest BintofSoul

Great music, great people and great venue! Loved Ted's set and thank you for playing J T Parker. I totally agree with Geoff and Mrs Soul; these guys should be given sets at the 100 Club. Well done Matey hatsoff2.gif ! See you in August.

Nicki XXXX

Guest BintofSoul

What date is the next one please x

Its the 1st July Sara.

Nicki XXX

Edited by BintofSoul

Just wanted to say thankyou to Des, Dave, Shane and Stuart for inviting me down again only hope my traveling friends didnt disgrace themselves. They have something special down there at the Shooting Stars great music and a friendly atmosphere. Only wish i could find my way out of London getting there is no problem but 3 times now i have got lost even with a sat nav must have crossed the Thames 3 times and saw the Big wheel as many :lol: . We will be back :lol:

Guest CapitolSC

Agree with what everyone has already said and what a corker of a night it was as usual thumbsup.gif and hatsoff2.gifto Ted Massey for yet another fabulous set yes.gif.

Great to see Ed and Karen, John, and Johnny as I have not seen them for such a long time wink.gif.

It would be amazing to see them DJ at the 100 club as they would add an extra sparkle.

This is a club of quality, what it is all about and it will never let you down biggrin.gif, till next time. sx

Edited by CapitolSC

Just wanted to say thankyou to Des, Dave, Shane and Stuart for inviting me down again only hope my traveling friends didnt disgrace themselves. They have something special down there at the Shooting Stars great music and a friendly atmosphere. Only wish i could find my way out of London getting there is no problem but 3 times now i have got lost even with a sat nav must have crossed the Thames 3 times and saw the Big wheel as many :lol: . We will be back :lol:

yes Tedstar, I forgot to mention, that in spite of sat nav, you still managed to go past the gherkin twice..the big wheel 4 times, and each side of the Thames :yes:now that takes some doin, but for disgracing ourselves, you spoil sport,you wound up my window before I could whistle the workman :lol:..twice..

but again , as I said before, what a great nite, :yes:

Another great night at Solid Hit, thanks to everybody for your support & kind words, we really do appreciate it :lol:

Ted, your travelling companions were great (glad you enjoyed it so much Mrs Soul :lol: ) but you recklessly had most of the people there going mental on the dance floor....what's that all about mate ? LOL Another outstanding set Ted, thanks very much for coming down, next time you're down I'll try & sort out an escape plan for you :lol:

Just a very brief break this time, we'll be back in a few weeks on 1st July when we have another tremendous guest ....Phil Shields all the way from Carrickfergus

Yet another top quality Guest brought to you by Solid Hit :yes:

See you there

Dave

yes Tedstar, I forgot to mention, that in spite of sat nav, you still managed to go past the gherkin twice..the big wheel 4 times, and each side of the Thames :yes:now that takes some doin, but for disgracing ourselves, you spoil sport,you wound up my window before I could whistle the workman :lol:..twice..

but again , as I said before, what a great nite, :lol:

yes what was it you said oh yes "show us yer Arse":lol: i had to wind the window up in case we got a brick thrown

Guest CapitolSC

biggrin.gif a great night for us from offshore, delighted to hear Ted again, top knotch. We should all do set lists? That was requested on the night by somonebut I can't remember who.

Johnny is the only man I've ever known to actually look good in dungrees. He shure got a purty mouth (apparently). Ahem.

ATB

Stuart

Guest CapitolSC

Des what was that track you played 3 or 4 tunes from the end of your set that we had not heard before shades.gif ? after dancing sweatingbullets.gif during the whole of the night sx

Guest CapitolSC

biggrin.gif a great night for us from offshore, delighted to hear Ted again, top knotch. We should all do set lists? That was requested on the night by somonebut I can't remember who.

Johnny is the only man I've ever known to actually look good in dungrees. He shure got a purty mouth (apparently). Ahem.

ATB

Stuart

Johnny always looks cool yes.gif

biggrin.gifa great night for us from offshore, delighted to hear Ted again, top knotch. We should all do set lists? That was requested on the night by somonebut I can't remember who.

ATB

Stuart

:wub:Think you may have been in Guernsey a little too long Stuart :yes::wave:

Good to see you mate as always :thumbsup:

Top, top night - great music in a great venue with great company :thumbsup: As far as the track I played 4th from the end, I have no idea and an equally limited memory - I'll do a rerun next time & see if we can nail which track it was :wub:

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Des

Top, top night - great music in a great venue with great company :rolleyes: As far as the track I played 4th from the end, I have no idea and an equally limited memory - I'll do a rerun next time & see if we can nail which track it was :ohmy:

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Des

1st July with Phil Shields.....just weeks away thumbsup.gif

Well all I want to say is....I won't be paying to get into SHS again....... (this year anyway).

Only because i won a raffle prize of free entry for the rest of the year.....:rolleyes:

A fantastic evening of northern soul....

Edited by Rbman

What a way to start the weekend.............. :thumbsup:

Simply tremendous music, start (well when I got there) to finish.....................:(

Its a push on a Friday, with some holiday traffic and London to negotiate ; but well worth the effort.

I'll be back when it fits, timing wise, for sure.

Best Soul Nite I been to this year (thus far)........................

Thanks to the Solid Hit team, and the warm welcome and company (Des, Ted, Nicki, Lou and Woody, Dave Greenhill, John Weston [i'll post a picture later !], Geoff Green, Trickster, Alan Edge)

I feel they have the right balance of well known, rare and underplayed and new tunes to keep everyone engaged. :shades:

Highly Recommended :thumbup::thumbsup::thumbup:

Edited by RareMusicDirect
Guest rach

Great great soul night! Ted Massey and Des Parker FANTASTIC! Lovely to see Mr Weston, Lou and Woody. Thank you SHS you hit the button :thumbsup:

Source Advert