Summer-In-The-Park All-Dayer July 31 - Ritz And Parkers Reunion

All-Dayers make a comeback with this massive event.

Loads of advance tickets sold and 85 rooms already snapped up by people staying overnight on Sunday.

Music & Media Consultancy & Soulvation Present..THE MASSIVE SUMMER-IN-THE-PARK SOUL ALL-DAYER

Sunday July 31 - 12 noon till 12 Midnight

@ THE MERCURE DUNKENHALGH HOTEL & SPA

JUST OFF J7, M65

BLACKBURN ROAD, CLAYTON-LE-MOORS, BB5 5JP

An idyllic All-Dayer set in a 4-star luxury hotel in the grounds of a 700 years old Manor House surrounded by rolling countryside.

Incorporating The Manchester Ritz (1975 to 1980) Heart Of England Soul Club Revival & Parkers Reunion

ROOM ONE - THE SUPERB PENDLE SUITE - Ritz Revival with special guest NORMAN JAY plus RICHARD SEARLING, COLIN CURTIS, NEIL RUSHTON, IAN DEWHIRST & PAUL SCHOFIELD, MARK GRICE & IAN GILLIBRAND

ROOM TWO - THE TOWNELEY SUITE - PARKERS REUNION WITH DEAN JOHNSON/RICHARD SEARLING, PLUS JOHN KANE, PETE HAIGH, EDDY EDMONSON, TONY COONEY,RALPH TEE, AND JIM HARGREAVES

ROOM THREE - THE DUNKLAW SUITE - COLLECTORS'N'CONNOISSEURS WITH PETE LYSTER, GLYNN THORNHILL, GED LUNT, PETE HAIGH, EDDY EDMONSON AND RALPH TEE.

The Hotel is spectacular and it's going to be a great day. Advance Tickets £12.50 available on line (Pay Pal, Credit Card, Debit Card) from www.soulvation.biz or Pay on Day £15

We have negotiated a special overnight stay of £50 per room - ie this is for 2 people and covers breakfast.,To secure call the Hotel and quote "Soul Event" to get the special rate.

All The Best,

Neil

• Replies 31
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Rooms at the hotel are moving very quickly now.

If you want to get one before they all go, ring the Hotel on 01254 303400 and quote "Soul Event" to get very special rate of £50 for a room (2 people) including breakfast to stay on Sunday night.

Advance Tickets are £12.50 from www.soulvation.biz (PayPal, Credit/Debit Card)

Will have copies for sale at Stoke All-Nighter on Saturday.

My Ritz Top 10

This Could Be A Night To Remember - Eddie Holman

People That's Why - Idle Few

Dreamin' A Dream - Crown Heights Affair

She's Wanted - Larry Clinton

Let Me Make You Happy - Billy Woods

Center City - Fat Larry's Band

It Looks Like Love - Goody Goody

No One Else Can Take Your Place - The Inspirations

Ten Per Cent - Double Exposure

24 Hours A Day - Barbara Pennington

Ritz Top Acts

Tavares

Chicago Soul Review - LJ Johnson,Barbara Pennington,Evelyn Thomas

Moments & Rimshots

Edwin Starr (Ist appearance)

Ronnie Laws

Archie Bell & The Drells

Gloria Jones

Hi-Tension

Kandidate (superb Brit jazz funk)

Crown Heights Affair (midweel show!)

All The Best,

Neil

Guest SteveJohnston

Rooms at the hotel are moving very quickly now.

If you want to get one before they all go, ring the Hotel on 01254 303400 and quote "Soul Event" to get very special rate of £50 for a room (2 people) including breakfast to stay on Sunday night.

Advance Tickets are £12.50 from www.soulvation.biz (PayPal, Credit/Debit Card)

Will have copies for sale at Stoke All-Nighter on Saturday.

My Ritz Top 10

This Could Be A Night To Remember - Eddie Holman

People That's Why - Idle Few

Dreamin' A Dream - Crown Heights Affair

She's Wanted - Larry Clinton

Let Me Make You Happy - Billy Woods

Center City - Fat Larry's Band

It Looks Like Love - Goody Goody

No One Else Can Take Your Place - The Inspirations

Ten Per Cent - Double Exposure

24 Hours A Day - Barbara Pennington

Ritz Top Acts

Tavares

Chicago Soul Review - LJ Johnson,Barbara Pennington,Evelyn Thomas

Moments & Rimshots

Edwin Starr (Ist appearance)

Ronnie Laws

Archie Bell & The Drells

Gloria Jones

Hi-Tension

Kandidate (superb Brit jazz funk)

Crown Heights Affair (midweel show!)

All The Best,

Neil

Neil when Ronnie Laws played the Ritz did he have girl backing singers?

For some resion i have it in my head that Debra Laws Ronnies sisster was with him but i cant remember if that was at the Ritz

Guest SteveJohnston

If you don't know the venue...it is rather grand.

xxxx

dean

I don't know the venue....but i know it's going to ear rather grand music :yes:

Cathy and I looking forward to the trip back up t'North ; even got my wee baby brother Simon + his Mrs revved up for this one.......I had to listen to him banging on about the Ritz for years and years,

so I expect to see him strutting his stuff for the entire 12 inches of Neil's extended Eddie Holman ' this will be a night to remember ' !

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

pete lyster

115 Hotel Rooms now sold for Sunday night - just 15 left.

The Wilbert Longmire 12" demo pulled out of storage.after going missing after not being in action for a while...

Going to be a brilliant day.

Advance Tickets £12.50 avalable on line from www.soulvation.biz

Or you can get them from me at Radcliffe All-Nighter on Saturday.

Guest SteveJohnston

115 Hotel Rooms now sold for Sunday night - just 15 left.

The Wilbert Longmire 12" demo pulled out of storage.after going missing after not being in action for a while...

Going to be a brilliant day.

Advance Tickets £12.50 avalable on line from www.soulvation.biz

Or you can get them from me at Radcliffe All-Nighter on Saturday.

Black is the color?

& the room number for the after party is?

Edited by SteveJohnston
Guest SteveJohnston

We are going to make it a long weekend at the Dunkenhalgh booked in for Saturday night at the same price £50 then we can go the Soulvation on saturday night, wake up Sunday morning go for a swim, breakfast then get ready for bottoms over Clayton-le-moors & beer! :thumbup:

We are going to make it a long weekend at the Dunkenhalgh booked in for Saturday night at the same price £50 then we can go the Soulvation on saturday night, wake up Sunday morning go for a swim, breakfast then get ready for bottoms over Clayton-le-moors & beer! :thumbup:

I best find my swimmers then!!

Really looking forward to the whole weekend..

Thank you Steve for sorting it all out..

Claire xxxxxx

I best find my swimmers then!!

Really looking forward to the whole weekend..

Thank you Steve for sorting it all out..

Claire xxxxxx

I'm looking forward to seeing you lovely lady :thumbsup:

Neil - I'm sorry for not posting sooner, but I've only just seen this thread, I've been posting on the bootleg one done by Dave Taylor :lol: Still, two threads are better than none :thumbup:

See you Sunday :thumbsup:

Just a shout to say Advance Tickets still on sale on line - www.soulvation.biz

But am not going to post anymore out.

If you order on line I will send you an e-mail confirming your order has been received and that tickets can be colleted on the door..

Or you can get them from me at Radclffe on Saturday.

The All-Dayer is going to be mega, A LOT of advance tickets have been sold.

And just as a last minute treat we will be giving away 25 copies of the new Salsoul Definitive Mixes Triple CD album.

Just look on the number on your wristtbadn when winners announced throughout the day.

All The Best,

Neil

eeem where is this place in relation to Preswich ....is it far ? I shall consult my guynav if its not too far might pop in ..

Like Tony says half an hour tops.

I used to get home from Preswich in about 20mins , and the Dunk is only on the other side of town.

eeem where is this place in relation to Preswich ....is it far ? I shall consult my guynav if its not too far might pop in ..

Hey Carms ,

Hope you make it - we're bringing some special south western style sunny weather up with us, as well as the record box and cathy's trunks full of clothes.

pete

Guest Nick Harrison

Was getting excited when I read Norman Jay's name .......................rare groove set or a 90's smoking beat set. No neither - and Norman's connected to the Ritz is !!!! Neither Funk or Northern.

How long in the tooth is the tired support act called Parkers getting............... :D:g::sleep3: :sleep3: . Bring back Kev Edwards.

Regards

Nick H :thumbsup:.

Think there'll be a few sore heads and limbs this today.

Great venue, very good turnout, fantastic deal on the rooms, music - a bit Darby & Joan Soul but enjoyable enough.

On the whole had a proper laugh apart from when I was paying for the ale.

Edited by Barry

Aye, that worked then!! :thumbsup:

We had a bit of a late start due to tryin to achieve some kind of mini-recovery after Radcliffe, but walked in to a fab atmosphere and some great tunes.

Norman Jay playing Curtis's You Are You Are later on put a smile on face a spring in my step and a song in my heart, an under-used tune (??) of gargantuan proportions imho that I've often tried to push but usually failed with!! (dunno why, its class!)

Loved the 'after party' with Jim & Richard spinning the classics, great buzz in there with everyone singing along. Fab!

Smiling faces, great company, everyone (ahem) 'relaxing'......Can see this place becoming a permenant fixture on the soul calendar in whatever guise... Cracking venue or what!! :thumbup:

And the fish & chips were real nice too!

Well done Neil, Marie, Richard et al and everyone who was involved in getting it together!

What a crackin day I saw some faces I had not seen for 30 odd years and some only for a couple and others just to talk bollocks too (apologies), excellent venue throughout, though the dance floor in the main room was rammed at different points of the proceedings and not a lot of room to move. By about 8pm the temperature was rising and the venue had really taken off. The cramps kicked in about 10ish so it was one on two off, and managed the odd hobble.

On a different note, I am sorry to say Norman Jays last 90 minutes or so spoiled it for me, if one plays a ten minute funk track and the floor virtually empties would it not be a good idea to fade it out and try to pick the pace again instead of leaving it playing, the last hour just faded away the pace had gone, anyway we called into the "After Party Room" where as Steve said the atmosphere was buzzin' by this time though the mind was willing to dance but the body by now was a lump of jelly, we stuck it till 1am and left. I thought the continous free iced pints of water was a nice touch thanks.

Would do it again work permitting.

But I am certainly paying for it today though. :lol:

Edited by Peter

Just a quick note to thank everyone for making the event such a success.

We had people in from all over the UK, and what a great atmosphere you created!

Saw people for the first time in 30 years, totally amazing.

It's going to be an Annual Event, and we are already planning to make it even better next year.

Great venue, great day.

Thanks a lot - Neil

Just a quick note to thank everyone for making the event such a success.

We had people in from all over the UK, and what a great atmosphere you created!

Saw people for the first time in 30 years, totally amazing.

It's going to be an Annual Event, and we are already planning to make it even better next year.

Great venue, great day.

Thanks a lot - Neil

Yeah! Great day out Neil and a really nice Indian on the way home!! Looking forward to the next one Atb John.

I had a marvellous time at the Ritz Reunion all-dayer, that had a friendly weekender feeling, which was odd considering I was only there 24 hours :huh:

I started going to the Ritz in the late 80's early 90's, so it was a great for me to experience what was played in the early years.

The main room was rocking all day/evening but thinned out a bit towards the end of the night, maybe this was down to folk having to be at work the next day or, like Peter has pointed out, Norman Jay's unusual choice of tunes. Now I'm a big fan of Norman's (& always be) but his Sunday set, personally, didn't give me a 100% "good time" (some of it did , but the majority didn't) That aside, every single d.j before my boyfriend :D brought the house down. It really was awesome guys :thumbsup: & the After Party with Jim (I'm not closing this room at 11.00!!) Hargreaves & Richard Searling was a perfect end to this fabulous day.

I was so glad that I'd booked into this luxurious hotel, with the attentive staff, in the beautiful surroundings, with a great breakfast (& no I'm not on commission :lol: ) as I just flopped on to my bed when the party was over & thought "WOW!!!"

So well done Neil & Richard for putting on this splendid event :hatsoff2:

and special thanks to Marie & Gill for being the ever friendly ladies on the door & looking after us :thumbsup:

Finally thank you Mr Dewhirst for "The Definitive Salsoul Mixes" Such an uplifting c.d that the minute I played it in my car on the way home I wanted to do an immediate U-turn (yes on the M66 :rolleyes: ) and do it all over again.

Brilliant day/night/& morning after :thumbsup:

Can't wait for next year :thumbup:

Boogie love

Ali x

Edited by Alison H

Source Advert