Explosive Dynamiks - Whole Lotta Loving

great record...had it on a cd for years but will wait for the original...doesnt come along that much though....theres another version on the same original label by a different artist im playing out at the moment...not qiute so good hasnt got the mental keyboards but still a great track and a lot cheaper!!!

dean

Social source share

great record...had it on a cd for years but will wait for the original...doesnt come along that much though....theres another version on the same original label by a different artist im playing out at the moment...not qiute so good hasnt got the mental keyboards but still a great track and a lot cheaper!!!

dean

its nowhere near as good!!!! and that's why one's £20......and the original is around the £500/800 mark....... :thumbsup:

Edited by soulbarner
Social source share

i said it wasnt AS good but is still a good tune...and id rather play it than a boot/reissue of this one as i cant afford the original.....or are some of you going back on what was the main opinion of a recent ten page discussion? :ohmy::wink:

dean

yep totally agree and i got the Utmost copy too but 1 day hopefully the Explosive Dynamics copy :thumbsup:

Social source share

I found this record in Baltimore during a record trip with rich rosen. When I got back home I traded it to rob marriot and it became one of his big records for about a year. He liked a quick turnover of records in his spot, so he soon dropped it and started to spin something else.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy the 45 myself, bit sad to see it booted to be honest, label bares no copyright or authorised notices...........so is no money finding its way to the artists / writers ?

Will try to locate the info on Dave Flynn site (via Des) ........

This link will take you directly to it:

https://capitolsoulclub.homestead.com/explosivedynamiks.html

I put the guy behind the Culture Of Soul label in touch with Larry from the band...seems they may have struck up a deal?

I will check into it.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

dean

dean

I agree Dean- top tune- it always goes for big dosh! would be nice to hear it out more often! hope to see you at Go Go on Saturday mate!

Social source share

I found this record in Baltimore during a record trip with rich rosen. When I got back home I traded it to rob marriot and it became one of his big records for about a year. He liked a quick turnover of records in his spot, so he soon dropped it and started to spin something else.

you were on a record trip with rich rosen? just thinking about that gives me anxiety.

dean from cultures of sound is legit, he licenses everything and pays mechanicals (which a surprising number of tiny reissue labels don't do).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

dean from cultures of sound is legit, he licenses everything and pays mechanicals (which a surprising number of tiny reissue labels don't do).

Yes, this is correct! Sorry I didn't respond sooner! I got in touch with Larry Sumpter (guitar player for Explosive Dynamiks thru Flynny! Thanks again for the connection Dave! We finally put it out!)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

dean

I agree Dean- top tune- it always goes for big dosh! would be nice to hear it out more often! hope to see you at Go Go on Saturday mate!

maybe we will hear it more after this thread!...

hope you can make it saturday,should be a good one,a few more new spins ,dr pickles has been before so he knows what to play and i know is looking forward to it and said he was bringing a couple up...and its tracey and mels birthdays too!!

dean

Social source share

I hope not, we might as well give up and all play ten quid reissues out instead of the originals.......but if thats what some are happy to do then up to them.

sorry chalky i dont understand your reply?...i didnt mean hearing the reissue played out i meant people who have the original at the back of a box somewhere and have forgotten about it maybe giving it some more spins!!

dean

Social source share

sorry chalky i dont understand your reply?...i didnt mean hearing the reissue played out i meant people who have the original at the back of a box somewhere and have forgotten about it maybe giving it some more spins!!

dean

Hi Dean, that makes two of us, I didn't understand your reply :D I thought you were referring to people playing the re-issue out....

PS Before someone comes back here and has a go, if someone wishes to play the re-issue out then that is up to them.

Social source share

:ohmy: kin 'ell Butch, first time I've ever known you post on here. If you are going to start posting on a regular basis, I'll start coming back on this forum.

ps. hope you are well. :wave::thumbsup:

Phil.

Edited by Quinvy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!