Alan Harris - Love Is The Answer - Exact Change - Unissued Acetate Lp

Hi, it's a track i play off an unissued album, i put it on a 45 accetate for ease of carrying. I was lucky to catch Dave Withers at the Frobishire 10yrs or so ago & bought it off him. There are some nice mid tempo cuts on the lp also, Arthur.

So you bootlegged the album by carving a track from it! :no:

Social source share

Thats one view of it :P , reality is the priority of the life of the orig accetate, then of course taking albums out is a pane especially when flying. Going back to the tracks, all have that unmistakeable Al Johnson production with those wonderful horns. The version of "love is the answer" is very fast so i do have to slow it down a tad, love it tho :yes:

Social source share

Arthur you really don't need to justify this at all....Why on earth let a prized acetate deteriorate lugging it round on dodgy decks etc.

Back to the album it's from Baltimore yes? I used to think the Billy Butler that was involved with Allan Harris was the Chicago cove, but it's the Baltimore guitarist I believe.

Social source share

............ Here's what I have on the song .........

Song: LOVE IS THE ANSWER

Songwriter/Composer: WILLIAM 'Billy' BUTLER JR & ALLAN HARRIS

Publishers: EXACT CHANGE MUSIC

EXACT CHANGE MUSIC - Contact: William Butler Jr

EXACT CHANGE MUSIC, 1400 ELLWOOD AVE. BALTIMORE, MD 21213-3906

Phone: (301) 325-1857

Billy Butler & Alan P Harris wrote a few songs together (others included JUST LET ME KNOW + WE CAN WORK IT OUT)

Alan Harris compositions registered with BMI: GET READY FOR LOVE; I'M A LOVER; JUST LET ME KNOW; PASSION; SOMEBODY PLEASE SEND MY BABY BACK; WE CAN WORK IT OUT.

For some strange reason, even though Alan Harris is credited (by BMI) as the co-writer of "Love Is The Answer" they have him down (on this song) as Not Affiliated with them (guess someone cocked up their registration on the song).

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Hi, it's a track i play off an unissued album, i put it on a 45 accetate for ease of carrying. I was lucky to catch Dave Withers at the Frobishire 10yrs or so ago & bought it off him. There are some nice mid tempo cuts on the lp also, Arthur.

Sounds good any chance of clips ?

Social source share

With the interest in the song(s) on this acetate album, someone should ring up Billy Butler and license it for UK release.

Where's Paul Mooney when he's needed ?

Hello

I don't know anything about these tracks but I did meet up with Al Johnson once, he came to the old Ardent office in the 1990s.

But this stuff sounds interesting.

I suppose Allan Harris was the first version. Is it much faster, Arthur ?

And I think my mate Mike Charlton met these people in the States once. They should be pretty easy to find.

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Well, it would help if I ran a record label on which I could release the track.

...... but I guess a UK outfit (BBE) is already in touch with Exact Change as they have included the groups "Get Ready" on their 'Best of Disco Demands' comp CD package ...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD5idGxxdxo

Have to drop BBE an e-mail to see if they might also be interested in "Love Is The Answer".

Social source share

• 4 years later...

To see my old topic jump out of the woodwork after four years put a smile on my face ! But not as much as seeing that 12" test pressing spinning round ! Made my weekend that ! If you ever wanna sell , give me first shout !!!!!!

Thanks for posting

Edited by 123-motown
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!