News: The Gospel According Too Dave Godin By Pete Lawson

Chalky

Thought I would give this a bump with the interest in magazines from the past.  All three issues of Pete's magazine, the third was unissued at the time of his death and has all the editing notes still in place.  Pete always spoke how he felt, he didn't mince his words and that bis evident on the magazines with some hilarious reading and some quite cutting comments as well about those who he held strong opinions about :)  follow the links to my site and all there available in epub or pdf and also Jock O'Connor's magazine as well.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Byrney

Listened yesterday to the interview podcast Chalky. Excellent stuff, you never forget Pete's voice, especially if you've been on the wrong side of it ;)

Really great podcast, thanks for uploading it.

Social source share

Guest frenchie

Just read this...As you probably know Karl, Stuart helped Pete with these magazines, design layout etc. He was at our house a lot of the time when they were being produced. I have just found all of Pete's letters he sent regarding the magazines whilst cleaning some drawers out!!!! Some are funny, some are sad as he wasn't in a great place when all this was happening. However its a bit of Pete Lawson history that has put a smile on my face :). God bless him he was mad as a box of frogs :)

PENNY 

Social source share

Just read this...As you probably know Karl, Stuart helped Pete with these magazines, design layout etc. He was at our house a lot of the time when they were being produced. I have just found all of Pete's letters he sent regarding the magazines whilst cleaning some drawers out!!!! Some are funny, some are sad as he wasn't in a great place when all this was happening. However its a bit of Pete Lawson history that has put a smile on my face :). God bless him he was mad as a box of frogs :)

PENNY 

Hi Penny.  Yes I was aware of Stuart's help.  I'd have loved to have seen Pete putting these together, I can just imagine the rants as well as the laughs :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!