Maze And Frankie Beverley Question

Dave Pinch

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I'm pretty sure both sides got radio play. It's crazy though because I just searched musicstack, gemm, discogs, and ebay and there are very few Maze 45s for sale at all. The ones for sale are random titles people don't care about. Maybe someone is cornering the Maze market.

Social source share

Way too much IMO, but been a sought after 45 for a long time - nothing to do with the pic sleeve I wouldn't have thought. The full length studio version is (i think) only on the Live In New Orleans dbl LP, the 45s have edited versions of the studio cut - the US demo slightly longer, and the UK / US 12" feature a long live version recorded at Hammersmith - which nobody really wanted, nice enough but not a patch on the studio take - silly Capitol record executives.

Released at a time when the 12" was king - I think i've seen under 10 copies of the US / UK 45s in all the years, and they always fly out the door....never seen the French issue....

Cheers Girth

Social source share

Way too much IMO, but been a sought after 45 for a long time - nothing to do with the pic sleeve I wouldn't have thought. The full length studio version is (i think) only on the Live In New Orleans dbl LP, the 45s have edited versions of the studio cut - the US demo slightly longer, and the UK / US 12" feature a long live version recorded at Hammersmith - which nobody really wanted, nice enough but not a patch on the studio take - silly Capitol record executives.

Released at a time when the 12" was king - I think i've seen under 10 copies of the US / UK 45s in all the years, and they always fly out the door....never seen the French issue....

Cheers Girth

mine is a uk copy gareth..50 pence off the market... great 45 and great band saw em live in 89 but when i saw that ebay 45 i thought wow :hypo:

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

think its for the joy & pain side as it is not the live Uk version but a bit steep a price will have to put mine up for sale at this price but still a live version but the crowd not so loud if you know what i man

Edited by Daryl
Social source share

the UK / US 12" feature a long live version recorded at Hammersmith - which nobody really wanted, nice enough but not a patch on the studio take - silly Capitol record executives.

Cheers Girth

Have to disagree with that one mate. That is THE version for me and just about everyone I know, and was a big seller.

Social source share

so would i ..i love the studio version but the live in new orleans is something else,,but at 7 mins long and it would be a shame to edit it ...might not fit comfortably ( sound quality etc) on a 7in// quite playable off the lp..sounded tremendous at monumental girth :thumbsup:

I reckon I have the UK 12" clear vinyl promo kicking about somewhere.

Which version would that be ??

Kegsy

Social source share

If i could pick your brains there guys.

I have The look in your eyes on 45 and my copy plays at the wrong speed. One of my pals has the same record and we've played it back to back on the one turntable and mine defo sounds faster. Its not a prob with the deck. Was this also pressed slightly speeded up? Sorry forgive my lack on knowledge on this. Its always bugged me!

Atb

Clint

Edited by SLAMMINSOUL
Social source share

Your John will look after it I'm sure.

kegsy

I've probably already got it on a UK issue. No idea where to start looking to check though.

I'll have to find the time to sort everything into some sort of order in my record boxes.

I spend way more time looking for some 45's than actually playing em.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert