Soul Source Record Of The Day,(Some Say It's The Nights Drawing In?)Late Fall2012

dthedrug

• Replies 806
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm back?Tinternet problems yesterday,kin server.

If you like a bit of funky northern this one's for you,seems to have slipped under the radar a bit but not in our house.Books at £100 but seen it for a lot less then that & I only paid a few dollars for mine.Think Millie is very underrated as a singer & she's done some great stuff.

Millie Jackson-My Heart Took A Licking MGM

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I'm back?Tinternet problems yesterday,kin server.

If you like a bit of funky northern this one's for you,seems to have slipped under the radar a bit but not in our house.Books at £100 but seen it for a lot less then that & I only paid a few dollars for mine.Think Millie is very underrated as a singer & she's done some great stuff.

Millie Jackson-My Heart Took A Licking MGM

Ms Jackson can sure belt out a tune!

Cheers Martyn

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

R n B mover from me today,won't be to everyone's taste but I love things that are slightly left-field & this certainly fits that bill.One of those that has been rising in value as it's been picking more plays up but I think with a bit of trawling about you should be still get one for around the £30 mark???

Cecil Garrett & The Fascinations - Bearcat pt1 Calla

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Gogger

Been on the wants list for ages but still not netted one yet,great tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

thanks martyn , the guy i usually buy off , sells stuff from rolf harris to led zep , but now and again a nice soul record comes along , averages about 5 dollars a record , must have bought a copy of jm's price guide :( wanted 20 dollars for this one , no bidding all buy now. Edited by gogger
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I think there;s a few interpretations of this, one of which is Maximillian's You'd Better on Magic Circle

Think this was a Stafford play, bit rockabilly but nice all the same:

Hi Mick , yep agree Maximillians' pips it but still a nice alternative ,.With that in mind just dug this one out ....

Varetta Dillard 'you better come home'. Interestingly the comments on the youtube clip make reference to the other two tracks

Edited by andybellwood
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Not that I actually have this in the box (I wish) I was wondering what folks make of it.

The song and the vocal are great, but is this boss a nova beat, much to do with N.soul?

Lately prices are on the up.

A great tune,though no doubt:DAVID COLEMAN Drown My Heart BARRY :

Mick

Been playing it out for over two years now(was played before by others) to ever increasing dancefloor reaction,bit of a biggie these days.I love it,my perfect Latin?Soulful vocals on top of that Latin beat,just blows me away.

There's always been a few Latin tunes played on the scene going right back to the Wheel with stuff like Ray Barretto-Soul Drummer & others.So I think Latin has a home on the scene,it's a dance scene & the Latin beat is great to dance to?Must admit I don't like the Latin tunes with Spanish lyrics,I like them still to have a soulful vocal.

Just my opinions.

Cheers

Martyn

PS Got mine given by a mate :thumbup:

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share