Soul Source Record Of The Day,(Some Say It's The Nights Drawing In?)Late Fall2012

dthedrug

• Replies 806
  • Views 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Was going through an old box from the loft that had a few 70s pressings and releases in it - almost the youth club box :D

But was amazed to play this and find myself enjoying it, sounded great! Wasn't too keen on it back then though....

Dooley Silverspoon - Game Players - Seville

Paul

Always remember it from Mr M's..........bloody awful record :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Today's outing is one due on the doormat any day now.Only heard it the other week at Empty Bottle played by Kev H,it rocked the place.Everyone but me seemed to know it & I was stood with Paul Harris & he said it was a regular play for him in the early days of the Burnley nighters.The opening vocals reminds me of Martha Bass's recent biggie "Since I've Been Born Again"?

Charlotta Tillman - Baby I'm Serious Josie

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just got a nice replacement for my old worn out copy.... a record I've always loved, never grown tired of, and is once again fitting in with that popular 'funky' type of sound. Pure brilliance...

(even if I did think the chorus was 'funky to my torso' for a while.... the drugs were so much better in those days.. :lol::shhh: )

Lou Edwards - Talking Bout Poor Folks -Columbia

Social source share

been looking for this for a while on ss,ebay,discogs..then found on a dutch website for cheaper than recent ebays and lists...ike lovely-i want it all

Dean

Had mine awhile now (demo).Old Mecca tune I've been told & I know Nick Hackett played it a bit at Middleton.Great tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Funky little mover from me today.Not particularly a British collector but managed to bag this on London which is rather nice.Not sure on price as I paid a fiver for mine but have seen it for silly money since,only one listed on Popsike for $24 on Hi.

Veniece - Stepchild London

• Helpful 1
Social source share