Omnibus: Volume 1 Re-Issued Boxset ?

I waltzed down to Honest Johns on Portebello road yesterday and got this Box set, and spent last night listening to the 45's in it... this is without doubt the Christmas gift for any soul folk this year, totally without doubt..

Seriously, the book is beautiful, totally enthralling to read, its beautiful presented and seriously researched, the singles them selves look the business, play quality is great, and you get everything as an MP3 on a free download again brilliant quality for your i-Pod..

Track wise, I took out the obvious things straight away and was left with a pile of labels all new to me, and as we all know its always exciting to play stuff for then first time, and each side just kept on coming....

Have to say I think this label is really impressive, reminds me of those brilliant Clarkie Kent LP covers from the 8ts... tons of imagination...

Only negative thing about this boxset, I would say would be the record sleeves are a tad strange, they have a lip on the top which does make em look and feel messey...that said the box they come in is really neat, nice colour as well.

Best two hundred nicker I've spent on music in a long while... and hats of to the Numero Boys for a job well done...

Mal.C. :elvis:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!