Walter & The Admerations On Ebay

Gene-R

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

been discussed a bit in the ebay section of sales gene, where i've been called a jerk for pointing out it features rather more than 'a little noise' (from the soundbites).

i love this, i want it and have for 20+ years (as have most people probably) and would sell my car to buy one but this is just a shade too battered for me. real shame.

to answer your question, would say it will fetch $800 at a guess. :thumbsup:

Social source share

It's well and truely knackered.

I wouldn't give you a tenner for it in that condition.

Yeah I bet you wouldn't ranting_1.gifranting_1.gif

Still less than ten copy record and hardly ever comes up for sale so think this will go for big bucks, too many with more money than sense.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Yeah I bet you wouldn't ranting_1.gifranting_1.gif

Still less than ten copy record and hardly ever comes up for sale so think this will go for big bucks, too many with more money than sense.

Sounds awful but on a big system you just MIGHT get away with it - perhaps - maybe. I too reckon it will go for big $$'s. Probably a couple of grand even in that condition.

Social source share

Sounds awful but on a big system you just MIGHT get away with it - perhaps - maybe. I too reckon it will go for big $$'s. Probably a couple of grand even in that condition.

i know what you mean steve but no-one will pay two grand for that, surely? i stick with $800 on the basis that there are some daft people out there, but not enough to go higher. be interesting to see what it fetches.

Social source share

i know what you mean steve but no-one will pay two grand for that, surely? i stick with $800 on the basis that there are some daft people out there, but not enough to go higher. be interesting to see what it fetches.

if it was mint it would be £5k plus IMO, still think it will fetch $2500 or there abouts.

Social source share

if it was mint it would be £5k plus IMO, still think it will fetch $2500 or there abouts.

i would find the money if a mint one came up, no doubt about it.

but i just cannot understand why anyone would want this, chalky. you can't hear the music!

i'm with joe, i wouldn't pay a tenner, personally.

where's mikey? mikey...how do we set up a spread bet? ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Had a listen and i dont think it sounds too bad, over a big system bet you would hardly notice it!

Life of tears sounds 'cleaner'

Social source share

Guest StoneSoul45

but i just cannot understand why anyone would want this, chalky. you can't hear the music!

where's mikey? mikey...how do we set up a spread bet? ranting_1.gif

wouldn't hold my breath on a mint copy coming up. I have held this particular copy in my hands and heard it played. it plays better than some records I play out regularly. just scoop those highs and you are golden.

Social source share

wouldn't hold my breath on a mint copy coming up. I have held this particular copy in my hands and heard it played. it plays better than some records I play out regularly. just scoop those highs and you are golden.

no, i wouldn't either. been looking a long time ranting_1.gif . glad we haven't got a spread bet going, it's up to $450 already ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

where's mikey? mikey...how do we set up a spread bet? :yes:

You can always buy it, then play the UK Issue for clarity :thumbsup: or is this against soul police rules. :yes:
Social source share

You can always buy it, then play the UK Issue for clarity :thumbsup: or is this against soul police rules. :yes:

never bought a uk record that's also available on us and never will, cos i like big holes. as for against soul police rules, of course :yes::yes:

Social source share

Dan you are being overly critical of this records' condition and if you really wanted it you'd buy it. Another copy might not come up for 5 years. I have to buy ska records in shocking condition beause I know there's no chance of them being offered again. I reckon this will make at least $2000.

Social source share

Dan you are being overly critical of this records' condition and if you really wanted it you'd buy it. Another copy might not come up for 5 years. I have to buy ska records in shocking condition beause I know there's no chance of them being offered again. I reckon this will make at least $2000.

don't agree pete, i think it sounds dog rough. but it's a personal thing, i love it to bits, it's been in my wants list top 10 for decades, just wouldn't buy this one. i personally don't understand buying records that sound rough just because you can't get a better one. it's all about the sound, isn't it (once you can square the format argument way, that is :shades: )?

but horses for courses and i've no doubt someone will wedge up for this one. i think $2,000 is steep but i might well be wrong.

one thing we're agreed on, it's shit rare and shit hot (sorry, that's two things :thumbsup: )

Social source share

Great tune, but it's best to buy the UK issue on Soul City NOW , lets not beat about the bush...it's the first UK outing for this tune.. surely making it an original UK issue?, in 10 years or so we'll all be jumping hoops to get a copy...and it's crisp!

Nabay (love it or loath it) springs to mind, they go for quite a bit on Grapevine now, don't they? I know there was a demand for the Grapevine copy a couple of years ago...sold mine for £20 then realised they were going for £60+...!!!!

Anyway, to the subject of cleaning 45s, can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of mould. Some of my vinyl gets mouldy really easy and i'm having a hard job getting rid. Bought some of that record cleaning fluid but i might have just as well pissed on it for all the good it done! Anyone got any suggestions?

Social source share

Great tune, but it's best to buy the UK issue on Soul City NOW , lets not beat about the bush...it's the first UK outing for this tune.. surely making it an original UK issue?, in 10 years or so we'll all be jumping hoops to get a copy...and it's crisp!

Nabay (love it or loath it) springs to mind, they go for quite a bit on Grapevine now, don't they? I know there was a demand for the Grapevine copy a couple of years ago...sold mine for £20 then realised they were going for £60+...!!!!

Anyway, to the subject of cleaning 45s, can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of mould. Some of my vinyl gets mouldy really easy and i'm having a hard job getting rid. Bought some of that record cleaning fluid but i might have just as well pissed on it for all the good it done! Anyone got any suggestions?

Firstly, whoever mastered the UK Soul City version of Walter & Admirations f*cked it up so bad it's not worth listening to - listen to the record start off at the wrong speed then get faster!

As for mould - best thing is good old soap and water - soak it for 5 mins in warm water then I use liquid soap for a wipe round, then swill it off with cold water.

Social source share

Yeah, see what you what you mean now Pete...just gave it a quick spin. I have heard a few people slag off some of the recent batch of Soul-City 45s...it's a pity really 'cos they've come up with some great rarities, from memory (it's in my UK box somewhere) the Sam Dees 'Lonely...' sounds ok.

Thanks for the tip on cleaning...why waste cash on cleaning fluids when good old soap and water does the trick!

Social source share

Great tune, but it's best to buy the UK issue on Soul City NOW , lets not beat about the bush...it's the first UK outing for this tune.. surely making it an original UK issue?,

Still think of it really as a pressing. You can get the Barons of Soul on Grapevine Demo for twenty quid, but you couldn't play it out.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert