Rpm Generation

Ronjon

Mmmm. Maybe I'll have to listen to it again.

I had it filed mentally with Damita Jo and Bobby jason :)

I mean it's not mega expensive but £30 to £40 maybe for a demo.

I remember getting the demo with the MGM distribution logo, no one had seen it before, straight up. SO the issue with the MGM logo must be very rare.

Social source share

I remember getting the demo with the MGM distribution logo, no one had seen it before, straight up. SO the issue with the MGM logo must be very rare.

Is that right Pete? My promo has the MGM dist info - I thought that was one of the easiest ways to tell it from the boot, apart from the originals being on vinyl?

Social source share

Is that right Pete? My promo has the MGM dist info - I thought that was one of the easiest ways to tell it from the boot, apart from the originals being on vinyl?

Yeah when I showed it to one 'top dealer' he'd never seen it before. I think maybe it came out locally, wherever the show was broadcast from maybe, and then picked up for wider distribution. I never knew that sleeve you've even existed. Wonder if the label issued anything else. Also, is it from the early 70's?

Social source share

Yeah when I showed it to one 'top dealer' he'd never seen it before. I think maybe it came out locally, wherever the show was broadcast from maybe, and then picked up for wider distribution. I never knew that sleeve you've even existed. Wonder if the label issued anything else. Also, is it from the early 70's?

Theres records by Linda Carr, Mel Carter and I have an oddball psych/pop thing by Hocus Pocus or something like that. Someone else famous too - Beach Boys related maybe... can't remember.

The promo thing is an insert rather than a sleeve unfortunately. Still nice though. It's clearly trying to get radio stations to syndicate her radio show, so after the TV one and most likely early/mid 70s I reckon.

edit: not Beach Boys - it's Mickey Dolenz from the Monkees

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

I mean it's not mega expensive but £30 to £40 maybe for a demo.

i found a mint one in LA years ago..and Dave Rai said its very rare on black issue..

Social source share