Grumpy Selection April 2013

Thanks Carl, absolutely top drawer. Frank foster, f*ck me!

On the other matter, as I recall, "shaken not stirred" was the phrase when you showed it me. Terrible behaviour (and that's without mentioning the vocal accompaniment, 'live', to George Lemons). Absolutely pmsl

Edited by PhilT
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

TODAY'S SCENE IS NOT ABOUT RARE RECORDS ANYMORE ...........IT'S ALL ABOUT ANTIC'S , SINGING OVER RECORDS THAT ARE SUPPOSEDLY SHIT ......................IT'S ALL GOOD FOR MORALE ..........TRUST ME ON THIS , IT'S GOOD FOR THE CLUB IN THE LONG RUN .

Edited by pumpkinseed
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

TODAY'S SCENE IS NOT ABOUT RARE RECORDS ANYMORE ...........IT'S ALL ABOUT ANTIC'S , SINGING OVER RECORDS THAT ARE SUPPOSEDLY SHIT ......................IT'S ALL GOOD FOR MORAL ! ..........TRUST ME ON THIS , IT'S GOOD FOR THE CLUB IN THE LONG RUN .

Carl Fortnum a northern soul chorister ! bugger and I thought it was a newly improved "Taylor Made Version" :huh:

Also add a few cheap but cheerful spins to the playlist:

Bobby   Bland Yum Yum Tree

Limitations   All Because of You

Febulous   Peps Love Of My Life

Darrow Fletcher   My Young Misery

Social source share

Carl Fortnum a northern soul chorister ! bugger and I thought it was a newly improved "Taylor Made Version" :huh:

Also add a few cheap but cheerful spins to the playlist:

Bobby   Bland Yum Yum Tree

Limitations   All Because of You

Febulous   Peps Love Of My Life

Darrow Fletcher   My Young Misery

Lol cheers Dave,

Loads of quality cheapies played too, naturally. Bobby Bland, Darrow Fletcher as good as anything

Social source share

Here's a couple you missed Phil while you were hiding behind the curtains puffing on a plastic ciggy.

STORMY WYNTERS- Life saver ( Mercury )

TORUS & LEO - going out the world backwards (Velvet )

DONNA COLMAN - alternative take ( Associated sound )

VIKKI ANDERS - need a love so bad ( Cream co)

EAMMONS ORCH ( All brothers)

FRANK FOSTER - Moving from Detroit ( bell sound )

JACK MONTGOMERY - Would you believe it ( Scepter )

SAM WARD STRINGS - Sister lee ( inst )

VICKY LABATT - Got to keep hanging on ( Shagg )

ROGER WASHINGTON - Your too much ( Joe Davis )

APPRECIATIONS - I can't hide it ( Aware )

BILLY THOMPSON - Black eyed girl ( Wand )

can't remember anything else after that apart from pissing in a pint glass in the dark room , then shaking hands with everybody .

Top night, top tunes, fab people....missed the last couple of hours due to old age and tiredness.

Fab to see you again Carl and Joan reminding me about your cat being called Sammy Campbell and the Del-larks...:-) lol.

Lovely to meet you Phil...really lookin forward to comin down for the next one...had a fantastic time indeed.

Andy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

TODAY'S SCENE IS NOT ABOUT RARE RECORDS ANYMORE ...........IT'S ALL ABOUT ANTIC'S , SINGING OVER RECORDS THAT ARE SUPPOSEDLY SHIT ......................IT'S ALL GOOD FOR MORALE ..........TRUST ME ON THIS , IT'S GOOD FOR THE CLUB IN THE LONG RUN .

Carl, we're hugely reassured by your steadying influence mate; we're in safe hands with you at the helm. It's a winning formula!

Social source share

Really peed off I could not make it. Ged was sulking after County got relegated, Julian B was away and I am not yet fit enough to drive that far.

Top stuff apart from G Lemons which is dreadful IMO.

It sounded better with Carl on backing vocals Steve. See you August mate I hope

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!