Ritz All-Dayer Patches

Cheers Pete.  Found a few duplicate patches in the garage.  I've had them as long as I can remember.  Will stick them on evil bay.

They'll sell well on ebay - there are loads of people who never actually went..... :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

They'll sell well on ebay - there are loads of people who never actually went..... :lol:

Hope so.  I never went, I got a load of patches in some sort of deal, these were amongst them.  Can't even remember the deal or when, I've had them as long as I can remember.

Social source share

Great venue for Manchester at that time,once a month you could do Saturday at Wigan,hang around Manchester till noon,then do the all dayer.Strange when you think now that it was the norm for attendances to be 1000 plus in those days.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Great venue for Manchester at that time,once a month you could do Saturday at Wigan,hang around Manchester till noon,then do the all dayer.Strange when you think now that it was the norm for attendances to be 1000 plus in those days.

We went a couple of times after Wigan - only thing I really remember was the 'Boing Boing' Dance floor.

Social source share

I'd say patch is from '76-7 as stated.

Went to some of the best dayers ever been to there.......really set the bench-mark......and one of the best venues.

Mecca and Wigan under the same roof.

Ritz was still being used for big band ball room dances for our mums and dads and the resident band was "Vic Lazelles Professionals" according to the posters  :lol:

My old man thought it was dead funny that we were going there......"dressed like that". 

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All .. I remember buying this one in October 76, if you are selling them I will take 1 from you, PM me, However I will offer you sensible price? Ebay Auction you may get more than my offer, What I am after is the original VAVA badge, as mine faded so much in the wash it turned into just a round shape on the BAGS? never see it for sale so I assume it's in the top end of the badge market :( DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!