Just Like The Weather - Demo, Plain Blue Or Speckled ?

Chris L

What determines a "rare record" ?

QUANTITY ... Not the sound  :)

Maybe not as common as Belita Woods or Ann Sexton in terms of quantity ,but just like those two ,it is a great song that most people love ,so when it turns up on any sales page ,it usually shifts ... although i am still baffled as to why the Ann Sexton still fetches $100+ in any condition ,surely most collectors would have it by now  :g:

Social source share

According to Ady in a previous topic he sold his "Bunky" one to JV.  Wasn't there also an acetate by supposedly Ritchie Parker, not very good if I remember rightly, have it on a disc somewhere.

The Richie Parker cut is actually Aaron Neville & IMO the best version but might be a little bit biased as it sits in my collection.

Ain't we discussed this before Chalky?

Social source share

Is this one of those records that are 'of a time', as in 'you had to have been there'? I'm not meaning this post to be one of those 'sh*t record' comments by any means, as they serve no purpose, that's not what I mean. I genuinely don't think much to it, not even Butch's one. I'm not knocking the record for the sake of it, I just wondered is it just me? If so, I really am 'the odd one out'

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Len, I WAS going to bring it up the next SIB do....you is deffo ''the odd one out'' :thumbup:

This was a record I just had to have first time I heard it at the Birds Nest (West Hampstead, must have been around 1974), took years to get a copy, then a Bunky issue.

Laters

Paul

Edited by ZootSuit
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!