Little Johnny Taylor Somewhere Down The Line On Dau Label Any Infos?

Rom1

Hi,

During my last trip in USA, I found a copy of this one (originally issued on GALAXY 722) on DAU label.

Same artist (this is Johnny and not Ted), same credits, same label numbers, same publishings...and same recordings

any infos on this strange label (original? local label? reissue? boot?)

Thanks

Romain

post-11665-0-10030200-1379953385_thumb.j   post-11665-0-60466200-1379953417_thumb.j

post-11665-0-47709200-1379953455_thumb.j    post-11665-0-08201300-1379953478_thumb.j

Social source share

I have a heard time imagining that both Barbara Acklin's (Chicago production) and Little Johnny Taylor's West Coast production) were originally released on the same local label.  That has to be a re-issue label (and I'm skeptical that its owner actually paid the rights holders for the rights to issue records using those recordings.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

i still say dau is a dutch bootleg label

Then why are all they popping up in the states and not down here in Belgium, Holland.... ? Some sort of USA boot I'd say just like Rob suppose. Most likely old boot if not contemporary to the originals to catch up on the hit sales and demand. Otherwise some sort of "revival" boots when the stocks of NOS where dried up and/or dislocated I'd believe. Eitherway, they are mindwonderer at first as catchy to the eye. Are they more of those DAU "gothic" releases out there ?

Social source share

Then why are all they popping up in the states and not down here in Belgium, Holland.... ? Some sort of USA boot I'd say just like Rob suppose. Most likely old boot if not contemporary to the originals to catch up on the hit sales and demand. Otherwise some sort of "revival" boots when the stocks of NOS where dried up and/or dislocated I'd believe. Eitherway, they are mindwonderer at first as catchy to the eye. Are they more of those DAU "gothic" releases out there ?

they aren't really popping up in the states (the whole reason this topic exists is that they aren't common) and there are tons of bootlegs from there that stay local. I'm sure that that DHC label is a dutch deep soul bootleg label. right now there is a seller in dubai selling a huge 70s dutch deep soul collection that has tons of weird boots of records that i've never seen.

either way, I agree it could be from the states, i'm not sure. i'm sure it's a bootleg label though.

Social source share

Those Dutch bootlegs of "deep soul", actually made by and for the "Surinamese" music scene (so not only deep soul but many other genres as well), are less creative design-wise than this DAU or are just plain monochrome photocopies of the original label. This DAU thing "borrowing" the diamond's of the Diamond Jim logo has something audatious of a love bandit attitude to it I kinda dig.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!