Arctic - Cooler Than Ice Box Set

John Elias

Just had the Arctic box set from Frank Lipsius.....well cuffed its fantastic!

Now! I'm in a quandary!

The six never before released singles.........

Do I play or leave in pristine condition?

I can hear these tunes from the cd's within the box set can I not.

Thoughts please, you wonderful people!

Social source share

Interesting set but the price put me off (£130.00 at Amazon) especially as I wouldn't really want the 6 vinyl singles.

I wish the singles had been optional extras, then the 6 CD box set could have retailed at a more reasonable price, probably less than £60.00, and sales would have been stronger.

On facebook yesterday John Manship said he had a few copies left at £99.00 plus postage, a much better price but still expensive for those who aren't bothered about the 6 singles (the tracks are on the CDs anyway).

Paul

Social source share

MP3 downloads are available from iTunes (99p each) and from Amazon (89p each but only about 58p each if you download all 132 tracks as a bundle for £76.99)

The box set is $125.00 USD at Amazon USA (equal to about £76.00) but Amazon UK charge £130.00 GBP so UK customers are expected to pay £54.00 extra. That might encourage some people to search for illegal downloads, as was mentioned earlier.

What price are Jamie/Guyden offering to UK customers and how much is shipping?

Hello John,

Please let me know what you think of the quality and the booklet etc. I'd rather order from Frank if it works out better.

Thanks,

Paul

Social source share

Hi Paul,I paid $110 with free postage from the states.(through a U.k. distributor).

Not here to plug any dealer/site,we all do our homework to buy our vinyl at the most competitive prices don't we?

Got to be a high 9 out of 10 for overall quality.

The vinyl tracks are like all Arctic stuff,some you love some you don't,theres a few excellent uptempo northernesk ones there.

I am dead pleased with my purchase  :)

Edited by dancingcollector
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Got to be a high 9 out of 10 for overall quality.

The vinyl tracks are like all Arctic stuff,some you love some you don't,theres a few excellent uptempo northernesk ones there.

I am dead pleased with my purchase  :)

As is stated above, the packaging is top class. The folder, 50 page booklet (including loads of great photos of the artists), 6 x 45's & 6 x CD's all come together to make a great present (even if you're only rewarding yourself).  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This link on the background to the package may be of interest to some.

Much to expensive for my pocket, especially as I'm unlikely to repeatedly listen to the deeper/sweet soul tracks

of which there are many.

A creditable effort though for those interested in more than northern:

https://www.citypaper.net/article.php?Early-Philly-Soul-Label-To-Release-Its-Forgotten-Archives-11995

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!