Elgins - Put Youself In My Place

Hardly call it rare in the NS sense, it's the original release, worth about £80 - 100 depending on condition. The white demo is rare they go for anything from £200 - 300 maybe more. I see this one is at £140.00 already, just confirms something's worth what someone will pay  :yes:

Edited by Chris L
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

also on issue, and as it got pulled, I'd have thought issue rarer? :thumbsup:

Steve

Aah I'd forgotten about that Steve. The demo I have has a piece of paper stuck over Downbeats on one side typed with Elgins on it. Not on the other side but that has a sticker mark over Downbeats!

Hope Tina and yourself are both well.

Anyone have a scan of the issue?

Social source share

EAST COAST : "Arp" DEMO Credited to The Elgins

VIP_25029-A_DJ.jpgVIP_25029-B_DJ.jpg

EAST COAST : "Arp" Stock Copy Credited to THE DOWNBEATS

PopSike.com
190653834747.jpg

However, It is the MIDWEST Copies that carry THE DOWNBEATS as a DEMO Format

MIDWEST :

VIP_25029-A_DJ_MW.jpgVIP_25029-B_DJ_MW.jpg

Here it is with "THE ELGINS" Sticker over THE DOWNBEATS Printed Label Credit

WEST COAST : Monarch

VIP_25029-A_DJ.pngVIP_25029-B_DJ.png

This is a DEMO on the Early V.I.P. Design yet it is credited to ELGINS not DOWNBEATS

The West Coast Monarchs tended to keep the Early Design for a longer period across the Motown Catalogue.

I would love to see a West Coast Stock Copy with the early design if one does exist.

As already mentioned, the name change happened quite late in the printing / pressing stage.

Who I ask would therefore be credited on the 1st Batch  West Coast Stock Copy.

Here is a West Coast copy with the Later Design and ELGINS Credit

Could this be the only West Coast Stock Copy

VIP_25029-A_WC.jpgVIP_25029-B_WC.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Aah I'd forgotten about that Steve. The demo I have has a piece of paper stuck over Downbeats on one side typed with Elgins on it. Not on the other side but that has a sticker mark over Downbeats!

Hope Tina and yourself are both well.

Anyone have a scan of the issue?

aye up Steve, we well mate, hope you are too bud, here's a scan of me issue.....

post-2142-0-73616900-1400368870_thumb.jp

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

unbelievably this is one of the most requested wants by brit collectors at the venues across the country that Rob Smith and i attend, only on the U.K first issue though.

I dont understand, as Rob doesn't either, but then we have two promo's and an issue between us. Its hardly going to get any plays is it? and is one of those tracks i remember dancing slow to all those years ago at main stream nightclubs, you know two knee bends right leg followed by the same left knee and so on.......................but the interest seems to be addictive as it is also spoken of by some of the top collectors and D.J's on the scene today.....Strange

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!