Bootleggers Using Recent Flyers

Went out this morning with the wife to a market near where we live, just to say it was Kempton Market (on the racecourse).

Anyway whilst looking around noticed three stalls selling CD's. First one I saw was selling home made reggae/hip hop type stuff, second one selling the old Irish stuff, Dubliners/Chieftains, etc., with other legit released stuff.

It was the final stall that I came across that made me call Trading Standards once returned home.

On the table top (underneath thick plastic sheeting so as you couldn't pick up the Cd cases), I couldn't help but notice a few CD's by the title of Rare Grooves. The badly printed covers had obviously been homemade, but mass photocopied, but there was something else that caught my eye. The use of flyers on them! whistling.gif

Aprils 100 Club showing the names Ady Croasdell, James Trouble & Warren from Boogaloo, also a New Untouchables flyer, Prestatyn flyer, even Mace's flyer for this weekend in Birmingham! I don't honestly believe that these markettraders/bootleggers had permission to use these flyers!

Anyway I'm waiting for Surrey trading standards to get back to me.

I was thinking of buying one of the CD's, just to scan it and post it up, but I didn't want to give them 1p let alone a fiver.

If any of you want to have a word with the sellers, Kempton market is on every Thursday.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

Yeh, I'm disappointed too Ian. Disappointed that they didn't use any of ours!

Its all Martin's fault, I told you they were no good!

In Guernsey recently Sharnya came across a faux harrington jacket with various northern soul images on it, including one from the Capitol Soul Club. I remember someone (a well known badge vendor whistling.gif ) trying to sell Alan Handscombe an unofficial CSC badge for a discount once as well. He wouldn't have minded except the bloke in question had never, as far as he knew, even bothered turning up once.

Social source share

second one selling the old Irish stuff, Dubliners/Chieftains, etc., with other legit released stuff.

What was the Chieftans cover!!!!?? was it the one with the fields of green and some sheep? or the one with the ginger bearded man with the pipes?? if those bast**ds are ripping off these Soul brothers i'll have em... whistling.gif:boxing:

Edited by toodarnsoulful
Social source share

Went out this morning with the wife to a market near where we live, just to say it was Kempton Market (on the racecourse).

Anyway whilst looking around noticed three stalls selling CD's. First one I saw was selling home made reggae/hip hop type stuff, second one selling the old Irish stuff, Dubliners/Chieftains, etc., with other legit released stuff.

It was the final stall that I came across that made me call Trading Standards once returned home.

On the table top (underneath thick plastic sheeting so as you couldn't pick up the Cd cases), I couldn't help but notice a few CD's by the title of Rare Grooves. The badly printed covers had obviously been homemade, but mass photocopied, but there was something else that caught my eye. The use of flyers on them! smile.gif

Aprils 100 Club showing the names Ady Croasdell, James Trouble & Warren from Boogaloo, also a New Untouchables flyer, Prestatyn flyer, even Mace's flyer for this weekend in Birmingham! I don't honestly believe that these markettraders/bootleggers had permission to use these flyers!

Anyway I'm waiting for Surrey trading standards to get back to me.

Well let's just hope that the flyers had the right to use any images they might have had on them :boxing:

Social source share

even Mace's flyer for this weekend in Birmingham!
Well let's just hope that the flyers had the right to use any images they might have had on them smile.gif

Well I drew every bit of my flyer by freehand...even the sax player (which is just very slightly different in design than the one used by a certain record label and record dealer in the past) so I'm in the clear.... :boxing::lol:

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Well I drew every bit of my flyer by freehand...even the sax player (which is just very slightly different in design than the one used by a certain record label and record dealer in the past) so I'm in the clear.... :yes::yes:

The one used by a record dealer came straight off microsoft publisher!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert