Andy Lee - 15 Years Gone

Well done for reminding us Mick!

Andy was a huge character, and his passion for northern soul (or occasionally jazz funk) was never diminished. It was most certainly matched by his enthusiasm for curry though!

A good lad all round I reckon.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Andy was a great bloke and miss the deals that I had with him it feel like last week I have spoken about him with you Mick and not knowing the connection of best mates 15 years its unreal

RIP

Social source share

Yes RIP Andy, standing in for me at the Hollingwood that night. I still remember the phone calls and answering machine messages waiting for me when I got up off nights on the Saturday morning.

Also  remember going to the crash scene with John & Mick & Maxine on the Sunday Morning and finding Andy's glasses and small items.

Its still a mystery how Andy ended up on that stretch of road, I pass the spot a few times a year, now fitted with chevron signs for the bend, I've seen the plaque you put up as well. Always think of him when there.

Totally tragic loss of a wonderful, larger than life guy

RIP ANDY.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Saw Andy and John Poole many times double decking at the Brit. Went to Andy's funeral and during the service John got up to speak about his great friend and pay tribute to his life.

John must have spoken for the best part of 30 minutes and at the end there was a fantastic ovation and not a dry eye in the place.

Social source share

Saw Andy and John Poole many times double decking at the Brit. Went to Andy's funeral and during the service John got up to speak about his great friend and pay tribute to his life.

John must have spoken for the best part of 30 minutes and at the end there was a fantastic ovation and not a dry eye in the place.

Deanna Barns, Tobi Legend and I forget the third, were played at his funeral. I had the honour of carrying the front of his coffin with Kev Thomas. So many turned out for him. Johns tribute was very moving and had its lighter moments. Andy lived for a laugh and was the most welcoming person you could ever wish to meet.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!