6ts & Valatone @ 100 Club-stop Press

Stop Press News

6Ts / Valatone 100 Club Extravaganza

Due to an unexpected cancellation of the live jazz act for the early evening session at the 100 Club, the 6TS Rhythm 'n' Soul Society has negotiated with the Valatone org. to produce a whomper, stomper, bomper, xhomper soul session from 10pm to 8 am at the legendary Oxford Street club.

The massed ranks of Valatone DJs and show-girls will run their night at the 100 Club from 10pm-1.30am when the 6TS jocks will seamlessly take over and continue the night right through to 8am. So there won't be any queueing, or kicking out of jazzers or getting rickshaws from Euston up West. Jon Buck will be hosting his own little 50th party down there too and anyone with his tickets will be sorted amicably.

It will be £12 to get in before 1.30 and the usual tenner after 1.30. If anyone was just coming for the early session, we'll sort them accordingly. So if you were going to both, you save money, or if you were just doing the 100 Club it's the same; unless you splash out £2 and get in up to 3 ½ hours earlier.

So from 10pm-1.30 am it will be Johnny Timlin, Andy BB, Gareth Donovan and Adam Torel, then from 1.30 Mick Smith, Ginger, Ady Croasdell and Jumping Joan. Jon Buck will be cropping up all over the place throughout the night.

It's going to be one hell of a night, See you there!

A-D & J-T

• Replies 205
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest woolie mark

it's 'citing!!!

so pleased you've put joan on ady - caught her set at cleethorpes, and it was the proverbial breath of fresh air

are you selling anniversary tickets on the night?

Brilliant!

saves us getting lost from the Valatones to Oxford street :) might have to go and wonder round for half hour at 1am it wont feel the same other wise :(

Jon Buck will be hosting his own little 50th party down there too and anyone with his tickets will be sorted amicably.

What does this mean?????

But seriously though folks, it's to do with the tickets Jon sent out for his chums to attend Valatone. We're working out a deal for them at the 100 Club.

Guess what, Mandying out may be a thing of the past for the anniversary :lol:

Oh Mandy you must get down for that :wicked: if you cant get a baby sitter im sure Kenny would look after your little laddy for the night :thumbsup:

Oh Mandy you must get down for that :lol: if you cant get a baby sitter im sure Kenny would look after your little laddy for the night :thumbsup:

I wouldn't leave the fish with Ken :D Got the lift, hotel for the night/morning ... just gotta convince nanny & da that they want their grandson for the night (it's their wedding anniversary though :wicked: ). Try me best as usual :D

I wouldn't leave the fish with Ken :D Got the lift, hotel for the night/morning ... just gotta convince nanny & da that they want their grandson for the night (it's their wedding anniversary though :thumbsup: ). Try me best as usual :D

Confuse me with KR,Mandy..................tut-tut,anybody wanna` a tikcet or ten,£1 each :wicked: ,drop me a Email off line, :lol:

Confuse me with KR,Mandy..................tut-tut,anybody wanna` a tikcet or ten,£1 each :thumbsup: ,drop me a Email off line, :D

:wicked: Ken, how dare you think I would put you in the same league as that animal!!!

I may leave my hamster with you, but not the tropical fish :lol:

Guest Andy BB

Confuse me with KR,Mandy..................tut-tut,anybody wanna` a tikcet or ten,£1 each :shhh: ,drop me a Email off line, :D

Ken if you are sorting out the usual 'leave the back door open, disappear for a few minutes, look the other way' 50p entrance job perhaps you should make it 75p given the earlier opening time.

:D

Stop Press News

6Ts / Valatone 100 Club Extravaganza

Due to an unexpected cancellation of the live jazz act for the early evening session at the 100 Club, the 6TS Rhythm 'n' Soul Society has negotiated with the Valatone org. to produce a whomper, stomper, bomper, xhomper soul session from 10pm to 8 am at the legendary Oxford Street club.

A-D & J-T

Bloody typical, the day after Johnny Weston and my cheap train tickets arrive, which would get us into London Euston for 8 pm, you announce this !

Good job Toby rang and arranged which pub we are going to meet up in first :thumbsup:

Guest kid mohair

I second what wollie mark said earlier, if she is anything near to what she was like at cleethorpes, just brilliant, Good luck joan.

Bloody typical, the day after Johnny Weston and my cheap train tickets arrive, which would get us into London Euston for 8 pm, you announce this !

Good job Toby rang and arranged which pub we are going to meet up in first :D

Hi Dave

And which pub will that be then? Seeing as i coming out to play i might as well have a shandy or two to warm up.

Derek

Guest Chris Waterman

Good job Toby rang and arranged which pub we are going to meet up in first :D

Dave

We land at Euston at 19.35 so which pub is it?

I second what wollie mark said earlier, if she is anything near to what she was like at cleethorpes, just brilliant, Good luck joan.

Joans always on fire Andy biggrin.gif One of the hottest Djs on the scene IMO, great to see her in the 100 club, she'll kick arse :D

I spoke to Toby Earlier, He knows where the Pub is But know what it's called, said he will post when he has it right....

The pub to meet up in is "The Beehive" on the corner of Chapel St & Sheraton St W1

Come out of the rear of 100 club turn right to the Blue Posts Pub on the corner turn right into Newman St (approx 20 yards),walk along newman St to Oxford St cross over the road,into Chapel St the second turning on the right is sheraton St the Pub is on the corner.

(about 40 yards from 100 club).

Thats the 1st option or to make it easier for the travellers how about "The Spanish Bar" in Hanway Street,everyone knows Hanway St(about 50/60 yards from 100 club on the same side of road,towards Tottenham Court Road)

Lets let Jon Buck decide,then he can inform us all,of the meeting point.

I could do with a pint after that lot.

See you all on the night then ?

:thumbsup: JUST SPOKE TO JON BUCK, ITS DEFFO THE "THE BEEHIVE PUB"

All meeting up in this pub from about 8.00 onwards.

OK then guys & gals see you in there,any problems on the night or getting lost call up Mr Jon Buck.

(mines a pint of nice chilled lager in a tall glass)

toodle pip

Toby.. :yes:

Joans always on fire Andy :thumbsup: One of the hottest Djs on the scene IMO, great to see her in the 100 club, she'll kick arse :yes:

Joanie has ALWAYS been one of the hottest DJs on the scene - she's as brilliant now as she was ten years ago .... GO GIRL, GO GIRL!!!

Joanie has ALWAYS been one of the hottest DJs on the scene - she's as brilliant now as she was ten years ago .... GO GIRL, GO GIRL!!!

Yeh`,but she take`s up all the dance floor :angry: ........................ :thumbsup:

So.... :yes:

There'll be one hour when it's empty :yes:

One and a half actually Joan :thumbsup: two 45 mins spots (i think thats the DJ rota anyhow) cant wait, i trust Vicky and Magicians will be packed in the box :yes:

So.... :yes:

There'll be one hour when it's empty :yes:

Two half hour sessions,actualy :yes: you gonna` play your UK promo of J Witherspoon,love me right,or what?.i`ll dance :thumbsup:

Joans always on fire Andy :thumbsup: One of the hottest Djs on the scene IMO, great to see her in the 100 club, she'll kick arse :yes:

I "second that emotion", been catching Joans spots regularly and now Lucky London has a chance!! :yes: Big group of 'Joan' fans travelling down for this one......will be a cracker!!

PAUL-S :yes:

Guest Bearsoul

I "second that emotion", been catching Joans spots regularly and now Lucky London has a chance!! :yes: Big group of 'Joan' fans travelling down for this one......will be a cracker!!

PAUL-S :yes:

[/quote] DITTO..JOAN IS MIGHTY FINE::::MIGHT TRY AND GET THERE whistling.gif

Guest Andy Kempster

thumbsup.gif JUST SPOKE TO JON BUCK, ITS DEFFO THE "THE BEEHIVE PUB"

All meeting up in this pub from about 8.00 onwards.

OK then guys & gals see you in there,any problems on the night or getting lost call up Mr Jon Buck.

(mines a pint of nice chilled lager in a tall glass)

toodle pip

Toby.. :huh:

finally getting myself down there to pop my 100 club cherry, see you in the beehive mate

Looks like it's time to play now, :thumbsup: so we have to wear Beehives, this could be a problem for Jon but can be arranged

You can wear what you like Anton, They have changed the name of this Pub to "The Star"....Toby just rung on his Moby, saying he is outside the pub & they've changed the name of it....

So Please note it's The Star not The Beehive !!!!post-2461-1154702688.jpeg

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Guest NASHEE

It's about time we had a North-West invasion again, we had to travel the opposite way to the Torch, Wigan and the Ritz.

There used to be a strong Lancs contingent to the 100 Club in the late 80s/early 90s. Now you're being outdone by those soulful Yorkies!

Ady....Were coming down again for this one...ps..what address did you send our memberships to?,,,,they never arrived

best

Linda

Whoops I've had them around for a few months now. Send me your addy or I'll have 'em on the door for you. It'll be great to see you both again.

Ady

Hi Ady

Do you still accept 1988 memberships?

Or is it 1888?

Derek

Guest NASHEE

Whoops I've had them around for a few months now. Send me your addy or I'll have 'em on the door for you. It'll be great to see you both again.

Ady

On the door will be fine :thumbsup:

Did my friend Salvatore mail you?....

He and a few friends from Belgium are coming to this one

luv

Linda

Did my friend Salvatore mail you?....

He and a few friends from Belgium are coming to this one

luv

Linda

Nope various Germans, Spanish and Frenchies are on their way but no news from the land of chips and mayonaise yet.

Tickets for the anniversary will go on sale and there's no limit on the amount you can buy, so pick 'em up for your friends.