Soulsource Record Club Your Choice For Autum 2014

dthedrug

IA bit of Teddy Supergrass Pendergrass from me today - nice and mellow for a Sunday morning. From his 1981 album It's Time For Love which was one of the first albums I ever bought. He just makes the vocals sound so easy and I love the backing singers contribution.

You're My Latest, My Greatest Inspiration.

Peter

Edit

:lol: Just realised I called Teddy Supergrass!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been asked to do an new oldies night starting up after Chrizzy, don't get ask to do many night's like that as on the odd occasion I do get asked I always say I'll do it as long as I don't have to come & play handbag stuff & can play stuff that wasn't just played at Wigan.In this case that's exactly what they want so been thinking of things to play & Lynn (my wife) has already told me I'm playing this :lol:

Ketty Lester-Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid RCA

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Been asked to do an new oldies night starting up after Chrizzy, don't get ask to do many night's like that as on the odd occasion I do get asked I always say I'll do it as long as I don't have to come & play handbag stuff & can play stuff that wasn't just played at Wigan.In this case that's exactly what they want so been thinking of things to play & Lynn (my wife) has already told me I'm playing this :lol:

If it gets off the ground Martyn let me know where it is sounds right up my street,as long as its not just another Frank Wilson night

Social source share

If it gets off the ground Martyn let me know where it is sounds right up my street,as long as its not just another Frank Wilson night

Patto

Still waiting for the fine details but will be in February.

If your out & about over Chrizzy we'll be at Wetherby Engine Shed on the 27th :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Patto

Still waiting for the fine details but will be in February.

If your out & about over Chrizzy we'll be at Wetherby Engine Shed on the 27th :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Ok Mate Shame about 27th that Date we will be at Inner Soul sheffield our fave yorkshire night,Then planning to be at the Brighouse Reposessed night on Jan 2nd. Making it my mission to see you in the new year

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I reck on at your age Ya should play what Ya like mi old chavver n if anyone gives Ya pasty of what your playing give em a clout wi Ya walkin stick if it really does get Leary I know sum 50 year olds who are better tooled up than yoursen and are available to help the aged LOL
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I wasn't going to buy anything else until after Christmas! Anyway, I've only known about this record for a few years but I absolutely love it - more than Spyders version which I like a lot too.

So, Richie Havens I Can't Take It Anymore on a nice demo is winging it's way to my door!

Peter

:hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I wasn't going to buy anything else until after Christmas! Anyway, I've only known about this record for a few years but I absolutely love it - more than Spyders version which I like a lot too.

So, Richie Havens I Can't Take It Anymore on a nice demo is winging it's way to my door!

Peter

:hatsoff2:

Peter

Sorry can't get past Spyder's version with any other version :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL... I'VE BEEN TAKING A GANDER AT SOME OF THE POSTS AS YOU DO?  This one from Martyn, caught my attention, oldies nights are good fun as long as you don't play anything that you have heard played again & again in the past 5 years? would like to attend, also Martyn don't play stuff that are classed as collectable to British collectors on US labels, I think it is almost like playing bootlegs, If it come out in the UK that will be the rarest with the odd exception,, DAVE K :yes:   

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL... I'VE BEEN TAKING A GANDER AT SOME OF THE POSTS AS YOU DO?  This one from Martyn, caught my attention, oldies nights are good fun as long as you don't play anything that you have heard played again & again in the past 5 years? would like to attend, also Martyn don't play stuff that are classed as collectable to British collectors on US labels, I think it is almost like playing bootlegs, If it come out in the UK that will be the rarest with the odd exception,, DAVE K :yes:   

Dave

You British boys what you like........you know that the British releases of US releases are second issues :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share