This England Tune?

Hi this is my first post so here goes. I am doing a two hour spot on a internet radio station and am desperate to find a tune. It was in the THIS ENGLAND programe. An instrumental which was playing as everybody was coming in, Age must be playing tricks on my mind cause i cant think of it at all. Hope you can help. By the way im getting a few converts to my show which i play northern and motown. Thanks in advance. Keep the faith.

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi this is my first post so here goes. I am doing a two hour spot on a internet radio station and am desperate to find a tune. It was in the THIS ENGLAND programe. An instrumental which was playing as everybody was coming in, Age must be playing tricks on my mind cause i cant think of it at all. Hope you can help. By the way im getting a few converts to my show which i play northern and motown. Thanks in advance. Keep the faith.

HI NEO WELCOME ABORD TOP OF MY HEAD ROSMARY. BILLY

Social source share

Any ideas were i can download it from on mp3 so i can play it on my radio show, Need to convert some more young minds.

Oh and ty for the welcome Cod & Billy. :unsure:

Social source share

One on my site if you want to see a scan

Social source share

You can find the 26+ mins of "This England" on You Tube. Found it when I searched for Northern Soul - couple of pages in. I ain't gotta link handy sorry - got to leg it to get the boys from school. Hope it's of interest to you though

Ash.

Social source share

You can find the 26+ mins of "This England" on You Tube. Found it when I searched for Northern Soul - couple of pages in. I ain't gotta link handy sorry - got to leg it to get the boys from school. Hope it's of interest to you though

Ash.

This England..

Slightly off topic...... at the end of the dancing 'outakes' bit below is a guy all in black with P-Funk on his T-Shirt, never saw anyone at, or since Wigan who could 'Stomp' like this Guy!........... is he still around??.

This England (Outakes 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqBPloMCw4 :shhh:

Social source share

This England..

Slightly off topic...... at the end of the dancing 'outakes' bit below is a guy all in black with P-Funk on his T-Shirt, never saw anyone at, or since Wigan who could 'Stomp' like this Guy!........... is he still around??.

This England (Outakes 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqBPloMCw4 :thumbsup:

Cheers teapot thats great still dont know what the tune is though, Its the instro thats playing when they are letting us in lol. It aint rosemary. And sry dont know the guy but with my memory prob saw him a thousand times. keep the faith. Torch lives on.
Social source share

Cheers teapot thats great still dont know what the tune is though, Its the instro thats playing when they are letting us in lol. It aint rosemary. And sry dont know the guy but with my memory prob saw him a thousand times. keep the faith. Torch lives on.

The first real bit showing people going in, the intro to 'Out of my Mind' (Rain) is playing,.....

If thats what you mean?? :thumbsup:

Social source share

The first real bit showing people going in, the intro to 'Out of my Mind' (Rain) is playing,.....

If thats what you mean?? :thumbsup:

its got me ..watched it all ,never heard an instrumental being played,when they were coming in...so im lost

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

its got me ..watched it all ,never heard an instrumental being played,when they were coming in...so im lost

Bazza

They only use the intro to 'Out of my mind' so no lyric's........ perhaps thats what confusing Neo

Its the 'Harpsecord' bit I think he means (Spelling??)

Social source share

This England..

This England (Outakes 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqBPloMCw4 :thumbsup:

We used to think he was pretty funny to be honest, never seemed to get it quite right and looked ungainly...always wore that same t shirt

Social source share

We used to think he was pretty funny to be honest, never seemed to get it quite right and looked ungainly...always wore that same t shirt

Interesting view!!........ 'Ungainly' in not a word I would use. :rolleyes:

Some people have said that the little guy thats on after `Mr Funk' was a better Stomper, but to me he has no rythem and just looks like Tigger on Speed..

One thing I did notice at Wigan, and in the many venue's since is that there are a lot of different dance style's depending on where in the country you are from. most of us were influanced or copied the people we went with, so perhaps what someone from one side of the country thinks is good dancing, someone from the other side thinks is crap!!.. :)

Edited by Teapot
Social source share

30 years ago this month they filmed it if my memory is right?I just noticed turning my heart beat up i'm all in black at the end still wearing the same shoes how sad is that pete my feeling for the scene then is still now when part 2 coming out.

Billy

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I have to agree with you there Pete, he's covering a lot of dancefloor for a stomp. He's not bad but in my opinion the best stompers managed to stay on one spot and do all the footwork from there.

The music is added later too, so it's hard to know what he's dancing to.

Social source share

Interesting view!!........ 'Ungainly' in not a word I would use. :rolleyes:

Some people have said that the little guy thats on after `Mr Funk' was a better Stomper, but to me he has no rythem and just looks like Tigger on Speed..

One thing I did notice at Wigan, and in the many venue's since is that there are a lot of different dance style's depending on where in the country you are from. most of us were influanced or copied the people we went with, so perhaps what someone from one side of the country thinks is good dancing, someone from the other side thinks is crap!!.. :)

Never see people stomping properly these days................there were certain records that you 'stomped' too & certain bits within other records that you would, do ya bit in too, wonder why this kinda dancin is out of favour, apart from the fact that that us oldies would probably need a paramedic on standby before attempting it these days :) .

Russ

Social source share

How rare is it cant seem to find anyone else who has it I got a perfect copy. :rolleyes:

And i would love to play it on my radio show but we can only use mp3s.

Edited by DJ*Neo
Social source share

How rare is it cant seem to find anyone else who has it I got a perfect copy. biggrin.gif

And i would love to play it on my radio show but we can only use mp3s.

It's really common, you should be able to find one on ebay for a couple of dollars.

Anyone noticed that in the middle of this there's a section stolen compltely from Lou Christie's Lightnin Strikes!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert