What Time Do You Turrnup?

Citizen P

Just wondering if it's just me or not, but noticed it a lot lately on a normal night(say 8 til 1ish), folk arriving well after 10. or going around 11.30.

Speaking only for myself, I like to arrive as early as I can,and rarely go before the end coz I'm a nosy bugger and I;m always feared that the tunes played after I've gone will be better than whats gone before .

Like I say-- could be just me.

Tony

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No not just you. We always get there earlyish and very rarely go before the end. But that is the main reason for us to go whereas for some I think they have to do the rounds of the local hostelries before going somewhere. Can't see the point - a drink is a drink no matter where you drink it so might as well get in there and enjoy the music. I'm also like you - frightened I might miss the best bit of the night if I'm not there

Social source share

Usually I do get there early for the same reasons. Although recently, due to work,on the rare occasions that I do get to go to an allnighter it's about 4am!! :thumbsup:

Should only be for the next few months then I'll be the first one through the doors!!! :huh:

Social source share

Just wondering if it's just me or not, but noticed it a lot lately on a normal night(say 8 til 1ish), folk arriving well after 10. or going around 11.30.

Speaking only for myself, I like to arrive as early as I can,and rarely go before the end coz I'm a nosy bugger and I;m always feared that the tunes played after I've gone will be better than whats gone before .

i like to go early and leave as late as possible too,plus i get first look in the record sellers boxes !

Tony

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Tony

No, it's me, too - always nice to get somewhere earlyish and catch a few tunes that you probably won't hear in a later spot. Also gives one more time to browse record boxes before others drain them of anything good!

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Tony

Never get to soul nights before 10pm.Not that i go many soul nights. Saying that i never get to nighters before 10 either.Normally leave the house about 10 then have a drive to where ever. Unless i,ve been asked to DJ. Then i get there early doors so as not to play anything thats already been played.

Steve

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Never get to soul nights before 10pm.Not that i go many soul nights. Saying that i never get to nighters before 10 either.Normally leave the house about 10 then have a drive to where ever. Unless i,ve been asked to DJ. Then i get there early doors so as not to play anything thats already been played.

Steve

i arrive early but always leave before the end

Social source share

Tony

=============

Maybe some like to be fashionably late. Myself, I like to be at a given venue anything from an half hour to an hour after it starts, unless I've got a prior committment. Rarely leave before the end either, usually I'm just getting into it when it ends :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

well i have to work till 8.45 so for me i can never get to any nighters locally before 9.30 unless i had a night off and i am there well before the start time and leave at the time it finishes you can't just go and leave the hour or so early sounds silly to me

Social source share

I arrived at both allnighters (Fri & Sat) at Prestatyn before 21:00hrs and left both at 08:00 hrs - Had a few Sunday afternoon!!!

Felt a bit giddy....weird even.....a little spaced out.....a tad strange......slightley removed...

You only live once!!!!!!!!!! :yes: Live it!!!! Your a Long time gone!!!!

Still went to work Monday!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert