Broomfield - Any Info Please

Anybody throw any light for me on Broomfield ?

I have been sent a CD which features " Don't Cover Up Your Feelings " , a track I found highly pleasurable ...... and make me want to hear more .

Any info ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have been sent a CD which features " Don't Cover Up Your Feelings " , a track I found highly pleasurable ...... and make me want to hear more .

Any info ?

Malc Burton

Bargain Malc... if only for another great track on there "She Can't Get Serious" a superb uptempo dancer.

Gareth will look after you old friend.

:thumbsup:

Sean

PS: I didn't mean in your old age by the way.

Leave that to Super Susan!

Social source share

Bargain Malc... if only for another great track on there "She Can't Get Serious" a superb uptempo dancer.

Gareth will look after you old friend.

yes.gif

Sean

PS: I didn't mean in your old age by the way.

Leave that to Super Susan!

An essential album,there's another great dancer on it. "Is It So Hard"

:thumbsup:

Pete

Social source share

malc..

both the lp and the 12" of dont cover up your feelings were released in the uk on cbs..

the 12" is an extended remix..

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

Social source share

I'm no Broomfield expert, but I believe the following to be correct..............Al Broomfield is part of a large family musical family from Florida. The La Voyage "Never Lookin' Back" track that has been mentioned recently elsewhere on the forum, and was reviewed by Sam recently in Manifesto, is performed by members of the Broomfield family. La Voyage have released the EP with the above cut on, along with a further LP "La Voyage II", also worth owning. Both are quite collectable now, and a CD was released in Japan "All Nite Affair" which featured all cuts from those two LP's.

You may recall a cut from around 15 years ago by Audio "Do You Really Want Me Girl" on Mote (7" & 12"). Audio is Vince Broomfield, who I believe is Al's brother. Of course there was also an Audio LP in the early 90's released on Rare Grooves (John Anderson?) label. The LP included the above cut and other gems.

Dee Dee Wilde, who has cut several albums over the years, is also a relation.

Back to Al, and he released a further LP to the "Broomfield" (Vision Records) LP you mention. This was released on N'Effekt records in the USA, entitled "Certain Kinds Of Weather"...........haven't played it for ever, so can't really say much more.

Hope this isn't information overload, but you did ask!! thumbsup.gif:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

malc..

both the lp and the 12" of dont cover up your feelings were released in the uk on cbs..

the 12" is an extended remix..

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

Thank you Father , for I have seen the light ....... The gospel will be spread to me with a copy of the album to arrive shortly .

So good to talk with you on wednesday night .

Malc Burton

THE CORNER POCKET , Mexborough , South Yorkshire

Saturday , December 16th 7.30 PM - 1 AM

Our Christmas " eee , when I were a lad " 100 % OLDIES Special !!!

Guest DJ - Santa GINGER TAYLOR and his soulful sack

Info : Malc Burton 07748 378275 / e-mail : burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Social source share

I'm no Broomfield expert, but I believe the following to be correct..............Al Broomfield is part of a large family musical family from Florida. The La Voyage "Never Lookin' Back" track that has been mentioned recently elsewhere on the forum, and was reviewed by Sam recently in Manifesto, is performed by members of the Broomfield family. La Voyage have released the EP with the above cut on, along with a further LP "La Voyage II", also worth owning. Both are quite collectable now, and a CD was released in Japan "All Nite Affair" which featured all cuts from those two LP's.

You may recall a cut from around 15 years ago by Audio "Do You Really Want Me Girl" on Mote (7" & 12"). Audio is Vince Broomfield, who I believe is Al's brother. Of course there was also an Audio LP in the early 90's released on Rare Grooves (John Anderson?) label. The LP included the above cut and other gems.

Dee Dee Wilde, who has cut several albums over the years, is also a relation.

Back to Al, and he released a further LP to the "Broomfield" (Vision Records) LP you mention. This was released on N'Effekt records in the USA, entitled "Certain Kinds Of Weather"...........haven't played it for ever, so can't really say much more.

Hope this isn't information overload, but you did ask!! :thumbsup::yes:

Cheers,

Mark R

Mark ..... You are a gentleman : thankyou for the info , appreciate your time and effort in doing so .

I certainly recall the Audio track ..... was it really 15 years ago ?

Malc

Social source share

Don't forget Ron Broomfield who had a UK top 20 hit in 84 under the name of Eugene Wilde.... Gotta get you home tonight, also recorded under the name of Simplicious...Let her feel it. All the Broomfields were in a group called Life in the early 80,s.

Best Bri.

So right Brian. Eugene''s got a new album out on his own label anytime now.

Aaron Broomfield's "Gonna Miss Ya" on Mountain is a goodly 80's dancer.

Talented bunch.

Sean

Social source share

Don't forget Ron Broomfield who had a UK top 20 hit in 84 under the name of Eugene Wilde.... Gotta get you home tonight

Of course, you are right.................I knew there was more I'd forgotten!! :thumbsup::unsure: If you check my scan carefully the writing credits on the "Never Looking Back" 12" are Ronald E. Broomfield.

Social source share

anybody remember broomfield " certain kind of weather" or dee dee wildes

forth & broadway outings from the late 80s

dave

Hi Dave,

I've got a few by Dee Dee Wilde on 4th & Broadway, but can't say as I recall "Certain kind of weather" though.

Of course Dee Dee was Eugene's sister if I remember correctly, Simplicious - "Let her feel it" - nice tune :lol:

I seem to think I've got an old B&S with an article on the Broomfield family which mentions the various groups etc connected with them.

Can't recall the group Life though - not the Reprise group from the 70's I assume?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Any info ?

Malc Burton

Hi Malc,

I have a good relationship with the Wilde and Broomfield family. Most of the family members are still active in the music business. Dee Dee Wilde is working on a new album, a track from her forthcoming album is featured on a compilation CD I put together for Expansion Records titled 'Soul Exposed' which features Vincent Broomfield (a/k/a Audio) on sax. I work with all members in the family and seek label or distribution for their music, both new and unreleased materials. I know this is not the best place to discuss modern soul but you did ask :-)) I have 3 albums worth of Broomfield demos and we're a long way to finish his comeback (just so you know it will be quality all the way through). Eugene Wilde has no interest to release new music, he is a very succesful song-writer and makes more money then 10 Manships together :-)) Instead he is working on an album on his son. Most of the Wilde and Broomfield clan live in Florida. Dee Dee sings in a local nightclub once a week. Mark Randle pretty much summed up what the members did over the years but if you have further questions then let me know.

Happy Hollidays!

Edited by Andreas Hellingh
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Can't recall the group Life though - not the Reprise group from the 70's I assume?

You assume right, John - the Reprise 'Life' is the group that had previously been'The Soulville All Stars' on (unsurprisingly!) Soulville.

TONE yes.gif

Social source share

Guest mel brat

You assume right, John - the Reprise 'Life' is the group that had previously been'The Soulville All Stars' on (unsurprisingly!) Soulville.

TONE :)

Wow! I never knew THAT! This scene is full of suprises!

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Dont forget Broomfield Corp Jams , outings :)

What a great Family Talent .. What are they doing now ?

One of my fave records from 1977 was "Does Anybody Really Know (voc/inst)" by Broomfield Corporate Jam on TAURUS (a lovely leftfield, soul/funk cut yet to be championed on the rare groove scene!). Had heard the Aaron Broomfield records, but I never knew of these connections. What an amazing and underated family...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert