Members Introductions - Welcome to Soul Source

2 hours ago, Boogaloodude said:

Hi , thanks for accepting me.

I started my soul travels at the Brazenose St , Twisted Wheel around 1964, then Whitworth St. but had many great time at the Plebs and Cellar 44 in Halifax and a few different soul venues including Burnley and Blackpool Meccas. anyone remember these spots from the 60s? 
Be good to hear.

Welcome to the site Mr Boooooogaloooooodude. 🙂

May the Soul Source be with you.

Peter

Social source share

13 hours ago, Boogaloodude said:

Hi , thanks for accepting me.

I started my soul travels at the Brazenose St , Twisted Wheel around 1964, then Whitworth St. but had many great time at the Plebs and Cellar 44 in Halifax and a few different soul venues including Burnley and Blackpool Meccas. anyone remember these spots from the 60s? 
Be good to hear.

My first all-nighter was at The Golden Disc in Keighley (aged 15 - my parents would have killed me if they'd known!) Also tried Blackpool Mecca, The Birdtrap, Lord Jim's, Plebs (Halifax) & String o' Beads (Bradford) but mostly it was The Wheel (Whitworth St) for me & then either The Blue Note or Top 20 on a Sunday morning - I was there pretty much every weekend without fail from 1966-1970. Fab times & I'd love to turn back the clock & do it all again!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi all! 
Thanks for having me as a part of Soul Souce.
I’m a soul fan, club-goer, DJ, and record collector 
I’m excited to get stompin’! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi

I’m FDA and a big fan of music generally from Northern to Modern to Jazz Funk, Fusion, Latin,Funk, Broken Beats, Hip Hop and beyond, musically my taste is very broad!

I Look forward to discovering  more great music

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 22/03/2024 at 16:20, JLC said:

Thanks for having me as a part of Soul Souce.

5 hours ago, FDA said:

I Look forward to discovering  more great music

Welcome to you both, wishing you the best on your soul source journey, the breadth of knowledge across all genres of soul from not just the music but encompassing  past  events, venues and people etc is truly mind boggling at times, enjoy.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Wow, I’ve got so much to learn!!! 
My intro to NS reinvigorated my love of dance so I decided to open a venue in Ramsgate and go for it. 
The locals LOVE it! It’s surprising how many Northerners there are in the English Channel coastal towns. 
I’m keen to visit other venues as I’m able so will keep an eye on what’s coming up. 
My deepest thanks to all of you who have welcomed an Aussie into the fold. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Hi everyone, just signed up to Soul Source. I've been using the events guide for several years now to find soul nights in the North West of England. I've had lots of fantastic nights out at great venues. Long may it continue. ATB - Stuart

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Great to find a place for fellow soul travellers. I’m a musician and tv director based in Huddersfield and London. I play keys and sing in an 8 Piece 60’s Soul and Motown tribute band called The Soul Shebang covering songs from the likes of Al Green, Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner, Barbara Acklin, Erma Franklin, Frank Wilson etc.. check us out. 

Social source share

• 1 month later...
On 22/05/2018 at 11:15, Source Team said:

A new topic set up for new (or even longtime ) members to post up a Soul Source intro

Nothing major needed, just a quick heads up to all our members, letting them know that you are on here and ideally a brief bit about yourself.

It's a great way to break the ice!

Hi Ya all members my n

On 22/05/2018 at 11:15, Source Team said:

A new topic set up for new (or even longtime ) members to post up a Soul Source intro

Nothing major needed, just a quick heads up to all our members, letting them know that you are on here and ideally a brief bit about yourself.

It's a great way to break the ice!

ame Andrew Sandel 59 years of age from Walsall West Midlands, i'm a new member just recen, i live and breathe for Northern Soul, Motown, Soul, R&B. I Love dancing i live for dancing, i have a question i'm thinking of going to The Victoria for SOUL KATZ tonight on Russell Street Walsall, does anyone knows if there's a dance floor? . Thank You, Kind Regards, Andrew 

Social source share

On 10/05/2024 at 17:32, Andrew Sandel said:

Hi Ya all members my n

ame Andrew Sandel 59 years of age from Walsall West Midlands, i'm a new member just recen, i live and breathe for Northern Soul, Motown, Soul, R&B. I Love dancing i live for dancing, i have a question i'm thinking of going to The Victoria for SOUL KATZ tonight on Russell Street Walsall, does anyone knows if there's a dance floor? . Thank You, Kind Regards, Andrew 

Welcome Andrew

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon from Newark on Trent. 

Hoping to find a venue in the local area to shuffle around to some good Norther Soul tunes. Looking forward to looking around the forum.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi, My names James, I manage and play within an 8 Piece 100% live Soul & Motown band based in the UK called Soul Battalion. We play at a number of dance nights, theatres and festivals. We play across the board Soul & Motown with a bit of Northern for good measure. Please check us out! cropped-cropped-cropped-SoulBatallion-Tr

Social source share

Hi all, My name is Mark, I got into Northern coming out of the mod revival thing back in the day in East London. I love all kinds of Music, at the moment educating myself about Jazz from the late 50s into the 60s and enjoying the current crop of new Jazz acts. Rare soul is my first love though and I’m just getting back into the collecting thing. Thanks all.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!