• Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Young generation - sandpipers - k

13043 refosoul

So where is that from Baz? Label etc?

There were at least 3 groups named the Sandpipers, recording in the 60's.

1 The LA Male Trio (3 x M) plus later (3 x M 1 x F)

2 The S. African group (2 x M, 2 X F)

3 The Florida Trio (3 x F)

4. The 'Giant' artists?

Sorry Eddie, I guess you already know the above, which is why you asked for confirmation, but I'm now not sure. Just always thought it was the same crowd as the "Guantanamera" bunch!

Sean

Social source share

4. The 'Giant' artists?

Sorry Eddie, I guess you already know the above, which is why you asked for confirmation, but I'm now not sure. Just always thought it was the same crowd as the "Guantanamera" bunch!

Sean

I always had an inkling it was a differnt group, but listed in manships under the same as the Giant ones so sort of persumed it was the same.

Its on Kismet part of the Kama Sutra lable, not sure where its from?

Credits Wrote by Cliff Adams Arranged by Trade Martin

Social source share

I always thought this record sounded like The Bachelors, Eddie.

Nice Mike Terry backing track, but shocking vocally.

I just accepted that they were the White 'easy listening' trio (Jim Brady, Mike Piano, and Richard Shoff) from LA.

If not... it sure sounds like 'em!

:)

Sean

Yeah I think it's awful Sean , but I'm doing this Pied Piper article and thought I should mention it ,Thanks everyone so far ......... Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Yeah I think it's awful Sean , but I'm doing this Pied Piper article and thought I should mention it ,Thanks everyone so far ......... Best ,Eddie

Didn't think it was your cuppa rosy mate!

Looking forward to seeing this Pied piper article you're doing though.

You've certainly been putting some work into it.

Hope someone can confirm the Sandpipers question for you.

Cheers for now.

Sean

Social source share

4. The 'Giant' artists?

Sean

I always had an inkling it was a differnt group, but listed in manships under the same as the Giant ones so sort of persumed it was the same.

Its on Kismet part of the Kama Sutra lable, not sure where its from?

Credits Wrote by Cliff Adams Arranged by Trade Martin

Pretty sure the Kismet one has female member and different to the Giant group. Flip it over Baz to check.

Social source share

Pretty sure the Kismet one has female member and different to the Giant group. Flip it over Baz to check.

Yeah deffo female on vocals in 'young' other side is called Ali Baba :shades: seem to remember it being quite good actually :)

Social source share

Baz,

"manships under the same as the Giant ones so sort of persumed it was the same"

We DON'T list different groups with the SAME NAME separtely because the book is a PRICE GUICE not a DISCOGRAPHY. Edition FOUR is 530 pages long and darn heavy to mail.

If we started listing different bands with the same name, separately it would become more like 630 pages thick and even more costly to mail. Although we would love to list groups and artists separately we figure the Guide would outgrow itself..and become to thick to comfortably handle.

I think you'll find The Sandpipers are a Detroit group and have a tenuous connections to Rare Earth. I'm sure someone we know more andadd to that.

www.raresoulman.co.uk

Edited by john manship
Social source share

the alt version was sold on ebay a few years back, IIRC Benji from Germany bought it. Have to say I love both versions (the alt as a pure pop disc of course, but I love the overall sound on the issued version) and I would have plumped for the alt one for my collection had it not had such bad background hiss. So sue me. shades.gif

Social source share

the alt version was sold on ebay a few years back, IIRC Benji from Germany bought it. Have to say I love both versions (the alt as a pure pop disc of course, but I love the overall sound on the issued version) and I would have plumped for the alt one for my collection had it not had such bad background hiss. So sue me. shades.gif

Mike Terry couldn't put a foot wrong in whatever he had involvement with IMO! Agree with Martin - I've always loved it.

Social source share

We DON'T list different groups with the SAME NAME separtely because the book is a PRICE GUICE not a DISCOGRAPHY. Edition FOUR is 530 pages long and darn heavy to mail.

If we started listing different bands with the same name, separately it would become more like 630 pages thick and even more costly to mail. Although we would love to list groups and artists separately we figure the Guide would outgrow itself..and become to thick to comfortably handle.

True. But it wouldn't need to be bigger, different groups could be separated like this:

Sandpipers..................(1) a nice song/another nice song

..................................(1) a very nice song/a not so nice song

..................................(2) killer tune/rare as rocking horse doo-doo

This way it would be easy to separate them. It would need more editing than the present versions though...

Edited by LarsC
Social source share

First time I heard this was at Soul In The City when it was at the Old Blue Last in Great Eastern Street, heard so many tracks that were new to me, a total revelation.

I always like to hear this one, so if you can put it in your playbox Martin and play it for me, you would have at least one happy customer on Wednesday.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert