What Artist Would You Like To See Most

There have been a good few artists turn up over the last few years in the UK and at the various overseas events. Who is missing that you would like to see most ?

Of course some readers may know if the artists put forward are still alive and kicking or not, and therefore add/eliminate them from contention.

I will start with:

Mickey Champion - What good am I. (only because I can sing along to the lyrics and it was a big toon in the mid 70s). This artist was playing in Los Angeles at Easter according to the local rags over there.

Ed

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There have been a good few artists turn up over the last few years in the UK and at the various overseas events. Who is missing that you would like to see most ?

Of course some readers may know if the artists put forward are still alive and kicking or not, and therefore add/eliminate them from contention.

I will start with:

Mickey Champion - What good am I. (only because I can sing along to the lyrics and it was a big toon in the mid 70s). This artist was playing in Los Angeles at Easter according to the local rags over there.

Ed

Would have loved to see Jackie wilson,a master

oops he's dead,did'nt read the thread title right :thumbsup:

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Richard Caiton - especially singing Where is the love, I like to get near you, and I see love girl in your eyes.

Richard-Caiton-today.jpg

Stunning vocalist.

Brian :thumbsup:

Social source share

Seen a lot of my heroes and heroines over the years..

Marvin Gaye, Bobby Womack, Sam Dees, Otis Clay, Bobby Bland, Johnnie Taylor, Arthur Conley, Candi Staton, Ann Peebles, Irma Thomas, Denise Lasalle etc.

But would dearly love to see:-

Joey Gilmore

Awesome repertoire!

Gigs in Florida every other night... but love to see him in the UK.

Neville Brothers

Aaron Neville, voice of an angel!

Never seen 'em live.

Eddie Billups

Have contemplated kidnapping him!

Live... at your next weekender... EDDIE BILLUPS.

Imagine that!

Sean

Social source share

Too late now but Lou Rawles...

Would love to hear:

Roy Hamilton

Esther Phillips

Garnet Mimms

Billy Holiday

Jean Dushon

Sammy Davis Jr

Terry Callier

Fantasia Barino :P

I know some are dead, if not most, but they are all awesome vocalists.

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Would have loved to see Jackie wilson,a master

oops he's dead,did'nt read the thread title right :P

Baz

Saw jackie wilson at wigan i remember seeing jj barnes there too he had the place rocking

i'd had like to had seen marvin gaye

talcum powder soul

www.gloucesterfm.com

every wednesday 7pm-9pm

in the gloucester area 96.6fm

Edited by Glawsters Best
Social source share

I will start with:

Ed

Aretha

Mike

Social source share

Marvin Gaye, Bobby Womack, Sam Dees, Otis Clay, Bobby Bland, Johnnie Taylor, Arthur Conley, Candi Staton, Ann Peebles, Irma Thomas, Denise Lasalle etc.

Joey Gilmore

Awesome repertoire!

Neville Brothers...........much rather see gary and phil

Never seen 'em live.

Eddie Billups

Imagine that!

Sean

Social source share

sorry also forgot to mention the tavares saw them at wigan in the mid 70s and it was a brill night,what happened to them???,anyone remember that night...........

also curtis mayfield????

Social source share

Joey Gilmore

Awesome repertoire!

Neville Brothers

Never seen 'em live.

Eddie Billups

Imagine that!

Sean

Comtemplated kidnapping eh ? ......

You would only do it My dear Friend , so that you could wear a stocking over your head :P

Seriously - I , like you have seen many of my heroes over the years ( one of them being the original Impressions at Harrogate intercon in the 60's ) , I would have dearly liked to have seen Lou Rawls ; I have always loved the man's voice from the first time I heard it .

With regard to who I would like to hear / see , or would have liked to hear / see ...... Yvonne Baker ; Roy Hamilton ; Earl Grant and Eddie And Ernie .

One vocal performance I would have loved to have seen - the recording by Maggie Bell and Patrick Kerr of

" I'll Hold You " .

Malc Burton

THE CORNER POCKET , Mexborough , South Yorkshire

Saturday , January 20th - 7.30 PM to 1 AM

7th Anniverary

Special Guest DJ - Torch and Blackpool Mecca Legend

COLIN CURTIS

Info : Malc Burton 07748 378275 / e-mail : burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

The Isley Brothers live singing there motown songs but that would never happen.

Jimmy James again would be good and people like Diana Ross with her supremes, Stevie Wonder.

Beverly Ann, Martha Reeves.

Social source share

Having thought about it,I prefare to remember them the way they were when they made the tunes,I find it a bit sad to see them as they are now.

I dont suppose thats very nice really ,but it is how I feel

Bazza

I am afraid I agree with this, while its great to see them getting the adulation they deserve, many of the weekender acts make me feel quite sad thinking what they may have been. Its no coincidence the best are always the ones that are still performing.

Of the last of my heroes still alive and performing that I have not seen are Ashford and Simpson, who I have just found out are here in Birmingham, so that will be another life ambition ticked off!!

I wont bore anyone with my seeing Aretha story again as its on here somewhere, but for Sean H I saw the Neville Brothers last year at Poretta and they were fantastic, maybe not as much vocals as I had hoped but just a great funky performance.

Of todays acts I think I would like to see Anthony Hamilton/Jahiem as both are old school style vocalists recording modern music at the top of their game, to me the best time to see anybody.

For those with a wider interest than just Northern I would tip Kindred as a great live act to see, fantastic vocals and just great together.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Guest stash313

Always wanted to see Smokey Robinson, does he ever play anywhere?

Simon

He's touring in May apparently, Simon. Keep a look out for details.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert