Zanetti profile photo

JMAuction - 26/02/2019 - Results

Posted

Rita And Communicators Will End At 7°°

I Hope I´ll Remember That

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Rita Dacosta- 252 pounds

Communicators and Black  Experience Band - 117 pounds

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Bloomin heck...Is Willie Tee £1500 now?? Or even £1000 seems a lot to me?? This could be the going rate for tnis, I've lost touch a bit but didn't think this much!!..Thank you...Rob

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Bloomin heck...Is Willie Tee £1500 now?? Or even £1000 seems a lot to me?? This could be the going rate for tnis, I've lost touch a bit but didn't think this much!!..Thank you...Rob

 

This is the rarer 557 release with Having So Much Fun not the 509 release with Funky Funky Twist on flip. There are 2 different mixes of the 509 release but I'm not sure which mix the 557 is ... is it the more mellow mix with piano (blue 509)  vs organ mix (green 509)? 

UPDATE Found 557 mix on JM's YouTube and can confirm it is the same as the 509 green mix  ... so it's the Having So Much Fun track probably more than First taste Of Hurt that's pushed demand?

Here's the blue mix 509 version for compariosn:

 

Edited by Soulstrutter
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest Shufflin profile photo
Posted

I know it's the rare original but seeing Muriel Day for auction makes me cringe, sorry if that offends anyone, good luck getting your prize soul record

it seems that EVERYTHING (almost) is an auction record nowadays

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
18 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

I know it's the rare original but seeing Muriel Day for auction makes me cringe, sorry if that offends anyone, good luck getting your prize soul record

it seems that EVERYTHING (almost) is an auction record nowadays

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"    Francis Urquhart (House Of Cards) 😉

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Loved John's write up on Lynne Randell's - Stranger In My Arms  Northern Soul Classic...

  May we add to think Lynne Randell is even Australian. 

  In reality this is the Greatest Northern Soul 45 ever recorded by a "Scouser"  :thumbsup:

  

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I thought the Earl Jackson was cheap. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest Shufflin profile photo
Posted
57 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Loved John's write up on Lynne Randell's - Stranger In My Arms  Northern Soul Classic...

  May we add to think Lynne Randell is even Australian. 

  In reality this is the Greatest Northern Soul 45 ever recorded by a "Scouser"  :thumbsup:

  

it has a great production to it, whereas nine times is thin and trite, imo (it's all personal taste)

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Soulstrutter said:

This is the rarer 557 release with Having So Much Fun not the 509 release with Funky Funky Twist on flip. There are 2 different mixes of the 509 release but I'm not sure which mix the 557 is ... is it the more mellow mix with piano (blue 509)  vs organ mix (green 509)? 

UPDATE Found 557 mix on JM's YouTube and can confirm it is the same as the 509 green mix  ... so it's the Having So Much Fun track probably more than First taste Of Hurt that's pushed demand?

Here's the blue mix 509 version for compariosn:

 

What a record. 

Superb

Ed

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Shufflin said:

I know it's the rare original but seeing Muriel Day for auction makes me cringe, sorry if that offends anyone, good luck getting your prize soul record

it seems that EVERYTHING (almost) is an auction record nowadays

Umm yes, this is the most bizarre one I’ve ever seen, it could hit over a fiver in a back wind 😂

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/omar-there-s-nothing-like-this-1990-uk-indie-kongo-dance-kdlp-2.html

 

 

Edited by Sutty
Edit

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
13 minutes ago, Sutty said:

Umm yes, this is the most bizarre one I’ve ever seen, it could hit over a fiver in a back wind 😂

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/omar-there-s-nothing-like-this-1990-uk-indie-kongo-dance-kdlp-2.html

 

 

I wouldn't underestimate it ... nice bit of UK indie modern soul from 1990 that got to #14 in UK pop chart ... but this is on first indie label (Konga Dance before Talkin' Loud) set up in 1976 by his father for mainly reggae releases.  There's literally hundreds of them available on Discogs ... but only 4 on this label and one seller has priced a NM one at £80! ... but then there's a VG for £13!!!! ... go figure?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
On 27/02/2020 at 09:50, Soulstrutter said:

I wouldn't underestimate it ... nice bit of UK indie modern soul from 1990 that got to #14 in UK pop chart ... but this is on first indie label (Konga Dance before Talkin' Loud) set up in 1976 by his father for mainly reggae releases.  There's literally hundreds of them available on Discogs ... but only 4 on this label and one seller has priced a NM one at £80! ... but then there's a VG for £13!!!! ... go figure?

There are 40 on the first label available on Discogs now with a NM copy available for £2.33 - the auction is for the LP

Edited by Sutty

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
35 minutes ago, Sutty said:

There are 40 on the first label available on Discogs now with a NM copy available for £2.33 - the auction is for the LP

Sorry 'assumed' it was for the 45 ... you're right why on earth would someone bid £44 with still 18 days to go ... when as you say there are plenty available for much less than that.  Obviously bidder doesn't know about Discogs as even a cursory glance at prices the highest sale is £7.50.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. JMAuction - 01/04/2020 - Results
    All About the SOUL by Zanetti on Wed 01 Apr 2020
    • 10 / 546
    • The Yank on 03 Apr 2020
  2. Last 7 Days Ebay Auction Results Fri 03 Apr 2020
    Ebay Newsletters by Source on Fri 03 Apr 2020
    • 1 / 32
    • Source on 03 Apr 2020
  3. News: Top $ Ebay Vinyl Results List for March 2020
    All About the SOUL by Source Team on Thu 02 Apr 2020
    • 3 / 304
    • Pga1 on 02 Apr 2020
  4. Last 7 Days Ebay Auction Results Wed 01 Apr 2020
    Ebay Newsletters by Source on Wed 01 Apr 2020
    • 1 / 45
    • Source on 01 Apr 2020
  5. Last 7 Days Ebay Auction Results Mon 30 Mar 2020
    Ebay Newsletters by Source on Mon 30 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 75
    • Source on 30 Mar 2020

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.