Mike Shawe

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dr Pickles

This has been on my Wants list since it began.

Thought it was about £400 but not in the Hen's Teeth category.

Shaun all ways plays this at RSG. :)

Mikeshawe, if you get lots of PMs please put some my way :thumbsup:

Cheers

Doc

Social source share

This has been on my Wants list since it began.

Thought it was about £400 but not in the Hen's Teeth category.

Shaun all ways plays this at RSG. :)

Mikeshawe, if you get lots of PMs please put some my way :thumbsup:

Cheers

Doc

£400 sounds a bit steep but if the Fynil Vynil is selling for more.. Got mine from Rod Shard aka modernsoulsucks on soul source, it was £30 or 40. I think they came from Dave Withers, he was listing them at the same time but I missed out there.

Social source share

£400 sounds a bit steep but if the Fynil Vynil is selling for more.. Got mine from Rod Shard aka modernsoulsucks on soul source, it was £30 or 40. I think they came from Dave Withers, he was listing them at the same time but I missed out there.

I recall Dave listing the 12's for a while and I recall I kept missing them too :thumbsup: $50 I think they were.

Social source share

He also sold C Coulter for $50 - think he got them from the same source (Maxx Kidd). And no I wasn't the lucky one unfortunately.

Dave Withers , he sold Memphis for a couple of pounds .. I think he sold some 60's stuff for peanuts back in the 80's too

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

At some point over the years I have compared all three issues and from what I can gather they came in this order.

1980 promo 12" "Al and the Kid Records"

1985 7" on Fynil Vynil BLUE LABEL (not sure about spelling label)

Late 80s / early 90s Bunky Records RED LABEL (Was this an official release or boot ?)

https://www.soulmusiccollector.com/al_mason...p;_the_kid.html

Paul

www.soulmusiccollector.com

www.soulfulgrooves.com

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

At some point over the years I have compared all three issues and from what I can gather they came in this order.

1980 promo 12" "Al and the Kid Records"

1985 7" on Fynil Vynil BLUE LABEL (not sure about spelling label)

Late 80s / early 90s Bunky Records RED LABEL (Was this an official release or boot ?)

https://www.soulmusiccollector.com/al_mason...p;_the_kid.html

Paul

www.soulmusiccollector.com

www.soulfulgrooves.com

mmmmm Red label is official release. That might be an option.

Thoughts on prices for the above three. Anyone????

Cheers

Doc

Social source share

I've got one for sale if someone wants to make me an offer. In fact I've got a couple of hundred 70's / 80's 45's that I was going to list on e-bay when I can get around to it, but I'll post them on here first if anyone's interested. Stuff like The Four Tracks - Charade (Note), Sam Dees - Fragile, Handle with Care, Oscar Perry stuff etc etc. :huh:

All the best

Gareth

Social source share

With the Al & The Kid 12" going for about £400 and the Finil Vynil 7" going for £700 (as I've seen on here and on lists), this must be one of the rare ocasions where the re-issue goes for more than the orginal. Is this the 7" phenomina taking over.

The other occations I can think off the top of my head asthe Kent singles which were orignally released on CD and released later on single rather than a single released from an album

Can anyone think of any more?

John

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

I was told that it sells for about £ 40, but I have no idea myself. I bought the re-issue on the red Bunky some years ago (early 90's I think) from a guy who was something to do with Am-Trak records ???? ...memory fading with age :rolleyes: ....He was selling from a small stall at a shop that Bill Shannon owned in Croydon....cost me a tenner, then I found the one one Blue Final Vynal and sold the red one on Bunky....Whatever happened to Bill...real nice bloke....used to get some great records off him at the time. My mate found his first shop in Bracknell before he moved to Croydon and we picked some incredible stuff up from him....walked in one Saturday morning and he looked up at the pair of us and said ''I've got a Melvin Moore for both of you...£50 each, ok ? :shades:

Regards

Gareth

Social source share

I was told that it sells for about £ 40, but I have no idea myself. I bought the re-issue on the red Bunky some years ago (early 90's I think) from a guy who was something to do with Am-Trak records ???? ...memory fading with age :rolleyes: ....He was selling from a small stall at a shop that Bill Shannon owned in Croydon....cost me a tenner, then I found the one one Blue Final Vynal and sold the red one on Bunky....Whatever happened to Bill...real nice bloke....used to get some great records off him at the time. My mate found his first shop in Bracknell before he moved to Croydon and we picked some incredible stuff up from him....walked in one Saturday morning and he looked up at the pair of us and said ''I've got a Melvin Moore for both of you...£50 each, ok ? :shades:

Regards

Gareth

I last saw Bill Shannon while i was in Vinyl Junkies in Soho a couple of years ago. He was dropping of stock at the shop. Still has a distribution business and yes still a nice bloke.

cheers

Derek

Social source share

I last saw Bill Shannon while i was in Vinyl Junkies in Soho a couple of years ago. He was dropping of stock at the shop. Still has a distribution business and yes still a nice bloke.

cheers

Derek

Good to hear that he's still about...Genuine bloke...there were sooooo many records that me and my mate Sean had from him. One that springs to mind is Swiss Movement - I wish our love would last forever - gold vinyl - £ 3.50 !!!!!!......this was late '80's.... but even so, a bit of a bargin ! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Source Advert