Nancy Butts

54C08013-6A96-4882-98A2-CD1CD9541507.thumb.jpeg.d97d06cf4e6a6a70fce9dbf841ee884c.jpegHi, hope someone can help with info.

Nancy Butts on Flaming Arrow

I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND BABY (I Get Lonely)

Was this ever booted on above label?

What are the markings in dead wax on original?

What is current value of an original?

Thanks in advance for info.

Regards

Edited by Theothertosspot
Added pic
Social source share

On 23/08/2022 at 16:53, Solidsoul said:

My Nancy Butts has the GM scratched in the run out groove. I have seen this on other records like Calvin Williams on Northern Del La.

There is also the Detroit area label GM. Mr Floods Party etc.

Is there an "R" after the GM?  Discogs has it has GM R

Social source share

On 23/08/2022 at 19:59, Tricky said:

I’m sure the story is along the lines of.

Not a boot but wasn’t this a much later release of an in the can cut?

My understanding is that this is the case - somewhere on SS there is a thread on how it came to be that 300 were pressed, specifically for the UK market - that story was confirmed to me by Henry Martins when I met him several years ago in Dearborn.

It's a great record - in fact it's getting a UK release in a few weeks .....

1544a.jpg

1544 b.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Dewsburyborn said:

My understanding is that this is the case - somewhere on SS there is a thread on how it came to be that 300 were pressed, specifically for the UK market - that story was confirmed to me by Henry Martins when I met him several years ago in Dearborn.

It's a great record - in fact it's getting a UK release in a few weeks .....

1544a.jpg

1544 b.jpg

This could be the topic? 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

31 minutes ago, Chalky said:

another earlier topic as well....

Can someone confirm that the GM in the run out is followed by an R?

There is a GM scratched in the run out. Then a quarter of the way round from it there is an R scratched in. Further around Flaming Arrow and the release number is scratched in. 

The vinyl is not the modern flexible type. It is vinyl, but not very flexible. It feels like an late 60's early 70's type plastic.

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

This could be the topic? 

After reading this article it seems that the person who brought the records over from the State's was married the writers daughter Eugene Davis. Could Eugene Davis of had them for years but had never been able to sell them!

The son in law didn't get them made for the Northern Scene, he wasn't into it and it wasn't known. Maybe he brought them over to the UK because he thought he would have more of a chance of  selling them over here.

Edited by Solidsoul
Social source share

2 hours ago, Solidsoul said:

There is a GM scratched in the run out. Then a quarter of the way round from it there is an R scratched in. Further around Flaming Arrow and the release number is scratched in. 

The vinyl is not the modern flexible type. It is vinyl, but not very flexible. It feels like an late 60's early 70's type plastic.

The R could denote the RCA pressing plant at Rockway then, GM being the master, engineer or something else altogether? Rockway closed in 1973.

Can anyone post a scan of the runout details?

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

7 hours ago, Solidsoul said:

After reading this article it seems that the person who brought the records over from the State's was married the writers daughter Eugene Davis. Could Eugene Davis of had them for years but had never been able to sell them!

The son in law didn't get them made for the Northern Scene, he wasn't into it and it wasn't known. Maybe he brought them over to the UK because he thought he would have more of a chance of  selling them over here.

I would say that is the case, there is no way they were made for the UK scene.  If the R does denote an RCA press then it was an early 70s press in the US.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!