Value Please - Volumes - Aint Gonna Give You Up - Karen

Go to solution Solved by Bo Diddley,

• Solution

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=volumes+karen&sortord=dprice&pagenum=1&incldescr=&layout=&sprice=&eprice=&endfrom=&endthru=&bidsfrom=&bidsthru=&currsel=&ovrsug=&flabel=&fcatno=

Last one on Popsike was 2019 at £2,150.

Demand increased over recent years. It's likely to be on  a few peoples "hit list"!

Good luck with your search

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Gary Brown said:

Cheers

Yeah, I spotted the popsike listings. Guess I was living in hope that they were a bit on the high side. Never mind eh!

It would be interesting if it turned up on auction. Just to see how far folks would go!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt someone will have bought one for "half-a-crown" when Englebert Humperdink was in the charts!

Social source share

15 hours ago, Bo Diddley said:

It would be interesting if it turned up on auction. Just to see how far folks would go!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt someone will have bought one for "half-a-crown" when Englebert Humperdink was in the charts!

Not quite that far back. A certain dealer had them in a limited quantity in the early 90's. Mint copies for around £12. But then, not many were bothered! 🤔It's now become very fashionable!

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Solidsoul said:

Not quite that far back. A certain dealer had them in a limited quantity in the early 90's. Mint copies for around £12. But then, not many were bothered! 🤔It's now become very fashionable!

That's when the bulk of them turned up wasn't it, very late 80s early 90s?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 03/03/2023 at 19:44, Chalky said:

£1200 last one a couple of years or so ago, Darren Brown, vg-  

2/2.5k for a minter?

If I never heard again it wouldn’t bother me, has to be one of the most over played records on the so called “upfront” scene  

Your not wrong there Karl it had had its day on the up front scene 10 years ago I would think 

Edited by Paul Shirley
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 03/03/2023 at 17:52, Bo Diddley said:

it was like a £50 record in the 90s goin into the millennium.. appreciate it was only played from time to time and not a big record.. i was late to the party and paid £180 about 18 years ago

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I used to play it as a near end of night sound at the Brit in the early / mid 90's along with another Detroit price climber - Masqueraders - How £40 - £80 tops for either but I did get a sales tape from a dealer with an attached price list - Volumes - Ain't gonna - Karen - £12 - already had one so didn't bother - There were a lot of other bit's at what look like ridiculous prices but as stated so many times it' was all relative to demand / rarity / fashion as it was and is still is. You only have  to look at the archive listings presented on here.

Somewhere in a wallet in my loft I have my first 12 weekly pay slips from 1st job upon leaving school in '72 after my 'A' levels and with them is an original list from the NME from Simon Soussan listing a batch of mail order titles, nothing over a fiver with his West Knoll Dr. Hollywood address - sent for a Maxine Brown - One in a million -out of stock - He sent me a Vel-vets - Find me somebody - 20th Century instead - I couldn't get much dance floor reaction back then so swapped it in Selecta-Disc - Nottingham for the Professionals - Groove City + £12 cash to me - IF ONLY now !!

Edited by Vadnochka
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!