Brewerytown Beats to close permanently

Mike

Just had the below info/news passed on to us by a member, given recent posts/discussion on here I think it may be of interest...

Brewerytown Beats to close permanently

North Philadelphia record shop Brewerytown Beats will officially shut down operations before the end of the year, citing financial woes and license and inspection issues.

https://www.inquirer.com/arts/brewerytown-beats-closed-2024-shut-down-20231016.html

Social source share

On 20/10/2023 at 21:19, Happy Feet said:

Not really read anything regarding Brewery Town, but are these the guys behind The Nurons release ?

Yes they certainly are and I've still not received my two copies even though they said they would look into it.

Extremely disappointed to say the least and with it being well over a year ago I have chance of a Paypal refund either. I'll keep my thoughts to myself as having just laid my wife to rest on Monday it would be foolish to launch a tirade of abuse on them even though I know I wouldn't regret a word of my feelings

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 20/10/2023 at 22:55, Happy Feet said:

So I take it that it is then , no surprise then , just hope that all purchases have been received 🙏

Nope I still miss one Philly Labels Book and no matter what pity they now seek through the main medias the vigor they took promoting their forthcoming products and cashing-in on pre-orders just wasn't rivaled by the way they handled their orders glitches (am polite) and communication (take that) towards letted down customers after.

Me, Myself and I hipsters they are IMO. Taking pride in showing off standing as victims now. What an insult that is for the vexed customers (never mentioned). The whole picture is evidently more complex. But simplified ; a bunch of enthusiast wanna bee's in that business who didn't care about customer's respect started that and got burned.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

55 minutes ago, Soulman said:

Yes they certainly are and I've still not received my two copies even though they said they would look into it.

Extremely disappointed to say the least and with it being well over a year ago I have chance of a Paypal refund either. I'll keep my thoughts to myself as having just laid my wife to rest on Monday it would be foolish to launch a tirade of abuse on them even though I know I wouldn't regret a word of my feelings

Steve 

Hi Steve , I have pmd you .

Dave 

Social source share

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Paul Byford 1 said:

Wish I had seen this post earlier as I have literally just ordered $125 worth of singles from them today! Now I really will have to keep the faith! 

If you PM Brewerytown Beats asking them for a tracking number and get none ore any which way you can then open a case with PayPal and explain you found out after about the company unreliability you will still be eligible for a full refund. I got my money back that way.

Social source share

I'll echo the PP process. If you don't hear back, yes raise a ticket (on the PP site). They will then "reach out" (and no I am not a member of the 4 Tops 🙂 ), and if the seller does not give an adequate explanation for goods not received, you should get a refund. Good luck, that is a lot to lose just before Xmas especially.  

Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve G said:

I'll echo the PP process. If you don't hear back, yes raise a ticket (on the PP site). They will then "reach out" (and no I am not a member of the 4 Tops 🙂 ), and if the seller does not give an adequate explanation for goods not received, you should get a refund. Good luck, that is a lot to lose just before Xmas especially.  

It's a shame that Paypal doesn't do historic claims going back a year and a half

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!