• Views 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Looking forward to others choice

Films – nothing I’d bother watching again

TV – all UK & 2023, I think.

Payback

Lexie Noble becomes entangled in a police operation to topple a notorious crime lord, Cal Morris.

(not a spoiler, but keep an eye on the passports)

The Long Shadow

A desperate cat and mouse hunt ensues when Yorkshire is being haunted by a serial killer.

Once upon a Time in Northern Ireland

Twenty-five years on from a peace agreement being reached, Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland shares intimate, unheard testimonies from all sides of the conflict.

The Sixth Commandment

Follows the deaths of Peter Farquhar and Ann Moore-Martin in the village of Maids Moreton, Buckinghamshire, and the extraordinary events that unfolded in the following years.

Steeltown Murders

Three murders - unsolved but never forgotten. Thirty years on, can DCI Bethall find the serial killer who terrorised 1970s Port Talbot?

Blue Lights

Follows rookie police officers working in Belfast, a city in which being a frontline response cop comes with unique pressures and dangers.

Edited by Simon T
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

21 hours ago, Simon T said:

Looking forward to others choice

Films – nothing I’d bother watching again

TV – all UK & 2023, I think.

Payback

Lexie Noble becomes entangled in a police operation to topple a notorious crime lord, Cal Morris.

(not a spoiler, but keep an eye on the passports)

The Long Shadow

A desperate cat and mouse hunt ensues when Yorkshire is being haunted by a serial killer.

Once upon a Time in Northern Ireland

Twenty-five years on from a peace agreement being reached, Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland shares intimate, unheard testimonies from all sides of the conflict.

The Sixth Commandment

Follows the deaths of Peter Farquhar and Ann Moore-Martin in the village of Maids Moreton, Buckinghamshire, and the extraordinary events that unfolded in the following years.

Steeltown Murders

Three murders - unsolved but never forgotten. Thirty years on, can DCI Bethall find the serial killer who terrorised 1970s Port Talbot?

Blue Lights

Follows rookie police officers working in Belfast, a city in which being a frontline response cop comes with unique pressures and dangers.

Hi Simon

How are you?

Lots of things that are right up my street there. I've not watched telly for over two years, and have only recently got my old set working.👊

Thanks

Peter

Social source share

23 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Simon

How are you?

Lots of things that are right up my street there. I've not watched telly for over two years, and have only recently got my old set working.👊

Thanks

Peter

me neither, too much time needed to separate the wheat from the chaff!

recently watched

Thriller 40

Follows the making of Michael Jackson's record-breaking album "Thriller"

not a great outing, except for the boy from Cleethorpes!

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

Payback is simmering along nicely. The first telly I've watched for a few years and has me well and truly hooked in. Good shout Simon. Alex is also my new love fest. 😍

There must be just Mike, you, and I watching tv.

No other recommendations SS-'ers?

Peter

Social source share

Looking for something lightweight the other night myself and Lou watched Our Souls In the Night starring Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. Beautifully acted a story to warm the heart, just a nice story that as we get older we can all possibly relate to, reminded me in some ways of On golden Pond.

Social source share

Checked out the first episode of 'Bones' last night via Netflix,  Hhhmmmm...  I like this story, it could unfold to be very interesting, but their sets, share, for the most part, the same location in Whitechappel (1941 and 1890) are unconvinsing.

Period drama, in my opinion always falls down on sets / costume, some better, allot worse than others, very few convince me we are in the year the story is speaking about.  Gripe over, I'll hang onto episode two tonight, see where it leads me...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert