** Recording On Your Telephone / Interviews **

Mal C

Hi, I'm gonna be doing some phone interviews shortly and need a way to record them, I own a bog satandard wirelwess BT phone, does anybody have any suggestions how I might go about it?

I'd expect the interviews to go on for maybe an hour..

Thanks in advance,

Mal.C. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dodger

Can't you do it via Skype on your computer? The software is free and I think all you need is a Skype phone you can plug into your computer and/or a headset and mic? I'm sure there are free recording packages for your computer as well. I've only read up on it briefly but maybe that's a possibility you might explore?

Roger

Social source share

Malc,

I use an internet connection to my wireless phone and a digital dictaphone. Simply put the conversation on "speakerphone" and away you go.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, yeah i have a programme which allows me to record either by mic or input, I'll take a look see if I can connect the two...

its not easy is it, I cant do speed writing any more my short hand is seriously crap..laughs

ta

Mal.C.

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Mal

Do you see these Google ads coming up on this post for Rectel and Shorecomms. Might be something there of interest.

Never thought about this before but now I WANT this facility.

Had some dealings with a guy at our Council a while back who I considered as a bully and a liar. It was like they had head hunted him from a car clamping firm.

I could have used this tool in one of two ways.

Either:

1. Recorded our telephone conversations without him knowing and then told him afterwards that I had everything he had said on CD. Copies on the way to his boss, councillors etc. etc.

2. Warned him up front that I would be recording what he said and hearing his tongue literally tie itself in knots.

An opportunity lost - curses!!

MB

Social source share

Would this type of thing be useful? Basically it's an old-school device that plugs into your phone line and then into a recording device.

Telephone Recorder

I've used a similar product to that in the past. Works great. thumbsup.gif Just plug it in to your soundcard on your computer and record as a WAV file or plug it into a tape recorder. Easier to rewind/fast-forward in a computer file though.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert