Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

KevH

Terri Bryant

Hi, "GENIE" on Verve by Terri Bryant.Don't know anything about her,but she sounds luvverly.probably in her 60's now but age is just a number right :thumbsup: .

One line of GENIE she sings.." if you're arrsking to much " or similar ,with emphasis on the "arsking". Sounds like a suvverner or AUSSIE .

Any info on Miss Bryant??

She's American.

She was in an incarnation of 5th Dimension in 1978 and later sang on cruise ships, where, by all accounts, she was a prone to be bit shirty if she didn't get the applause she thought she deserved.

She was also on album called New Directions with Jazz singer Bobby Wade. Not sure where she was born but if it was North Carolina, the girl second from left could be her around 1965/66.

post-1918-1179670752_thumb.jpg

Godz

Great pic Tony!

I've got another, even better one from the same photo shoot, which I seem to have temporarily mislaid. Will post it up if it resurfaces (which it invariably will, when I'm not looking for it....)

Hi, "GENIE" on Verve by Terri Bryant.Don't know anything about her,but she sounds luvverly.probably in her 60's now but age is just a number right :thumbsup: .

One line of GENIE she sings.." if you're arrsking to much " or similar ,with emphasis on the "arsking". Sounds like a suvverner or AUSSIE .

Any info on Miss Bryant??

One of my favourite records at the moment, even managed to persuade Steve G to play it a Letchowrth on firday night :thumbsup:

QoFxx

...Knew I'd find it eventually!

certainly does it for me......might start a new thread....

LOVELIEST LADIES IN NORTHERN. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info and pics Tony n Godz :thumbsup:

Guest vinylvixen

...Knew I'd find it eventually!

What a babe and pipes to match. 'Genie' was a TOS favourite spin....and vocals to drool for... :thumbsup: Thanks for the pics, Tony - utterly fabulous :thumbsup::lol: Jo

One of my favourite records at the moment, even managed to persuade Steve G to play it a Letchowrth on firday night :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Yes and very little persuasion needed as I've always quite liked it - got that Detroit feel to it....it's on a revival path for me now so will play it again.....

but then again so is Connie Laverne Tony! :thumbsup:

Yes and very little persuasion needed as I've always quite liked it - got that Detroit feel to it....it's on a revival path for me now so will play it again.....

but then again so is Connie Laverne Tony! :thumbsup:

groovesville stuff!! :thumbsup:

Guest vinylvixen

Love her "Straighten Up And Fly Right/ Everythings Wonderful" also on Verve :thumbsup:

Godz whats this about a Neptune LP ? Not the Philly Neptune surely?

Cheers Paul

Found this about Terri taken from a Bobby Wade biography written by Andrew Hamilton:

He (Bobby Wade) joined Terri Bryant and New Direction, their gigs took them to Las Vegas in 1974 and Wade met Richard Barrett, founder of Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers, singer with the Valentines, and manager of the Three Degrees.

Also, Terri sang on the 'Enchantment of the Seas' cruise liner and was reported to be 'very good' along with the comedian. Jo

Guest vinylvixen

Here's what she looked like around the time of "Geni". Nice, huh?

Boots to die for.... :thumbsup: Jo

Love her "Straighten Up And Fly Right/ Everythings Wonderful" also on Verve :thumbsup:

Godz whats this about a Neptune LP ? Not the Philly Neptune surely?

Cheers Paul

Yeah, same Neptune Paul. In fact there's one on eBay at the moment - which is where I've just nicked these pics from. Item 170094415366 and Buy it Now for $39.99 if anyone's interested.

I've answered my own question though. There was a Neptune thread on here and although Bryant wasn't mentioned, the LP was described as 5th Dimension type soul/pop (which figures) and not very interesting.

Godz

post-1918-1179678697_thumb.jpg

post-1918-1179678708_thumb.jpg

post-1918-1179678718_thumb.jpg

Godz

Guest vinylvixen

The epitome of quality sixties soul - utterly utterly wonderful. What's not to like?

:(:thumbsup::sleep3::thumbsup:

Exactly....this has got the lot - heartache and misery, drama, pleading vocals, huge production, cheesy lyrics, big hair, slingbacks, chiffon, spot on backing vocals, vibes....sorry, I'm beginning to dribble :wicked: Always been a monster tune with me :thumbsup: Jo

Guest vinylvixen

or under :(

:thumbsup: bad man :sleep3::thumbsup: Do you like the feel of a kitten heel on your solid centre, sir....oooh, suits you :thumbsup: Jo

Can everyone stop bigging this "awful Awful terrible" record up, have been trying for ages to be able to afford to buy it and if everyone keeps going on about how great it is it will push the price up :(

QoFxx

Can everyone stop bigging this "awful Awful terrible" record up, have been trying for ages to be able to afford to buy it and if everyone keeps going on about how great it is it will push the price up :thumbsup:

QoFxx

This awful 45 can be heard not far from Kempston Mill :(

Martin

post-2262-1179758983_thumb.jpg

This awful 45 can be heard not far from Kempston Mill :(

Martin

THink there are a few places in the area, at least 3 I can think of, where it can be heard :thumbsup: , but unfortunatley not in my house :sleep3: Perhaps if you played it loud enough I could hear it here in La La Land :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Guest vinylvixen

just have to say that the other side "When I'm In Your Arms" is simply wonderful.

Tony

There's the genius touch of Mike Terry either on writing or production credits isn't there?? Jo

Guest vinylvixen

Can everyone stop bigging this "awful Awful terrible" record up, have been trying for ages to be able to afford to buy it and if everyone keeps going on about how great it is it will push the price up :sleep3:

QoFxx

Chrissie, I take back everything I previously said about 'Genie' - dreadful record, pile of poo....did that work :thumbsup::( probably not :thumbsup: Jo

Chrissie, I take back everything I previously said about 'Genie' - dreadful record, pile of poo....did that work :sleep3::( probably not :thumbsup: Jo

Fingers crossed, it may work or I may just have to sell my collection of "fine art" If you know what I mean :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts