Guest Andy Kempster

• Replies 290
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

in that case im definately downstairs and keeping me nose to the ground just incase :wub:
Coulda`started upstairs,and done some base jumpin` :thumbup: .

Hope someone raises this topic back up to a level it deserves soon :(

Guest Bearsy

Coulda`started upstairs,and done some base jumpin` :wub: .

Hope someone raises this topic back up to a level it deserves soon :(

but for me the most important part of the night will be seeing all the live acts for the first time and then some first class soul until chuckout time :thumbup:

hows that Ken :(

but for me the most important part of the night will be seeing all the live acts for the first time and then some first class soul until chuckout time :thumbup:

hows that Ken :wub:

Fantastic Bearsy,should be a brill night with loadsa`faces there,see yer`then then.Ken

Guest Bearsy

Is there any place nearby where we can eat before that you can recommend?

even more important is their a bar near by where we can all meet up and drink :unsure:

Plenty of places,theres a nice little indian that does a set meal for about £4 just up the road,if ya`want we`ll meet up earlier and have some snap!!.

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The first act will be on stage about 8-8.15 and the live music should go through to 11 ish then top tunes from Clarkie, Tone and me if I make it through!

It occurs to me, as things often do at 0543H, that this might also be the 25th anniversary of the last time that Ady, Clarkie and yrs. trly. all appeared behind the same set of decks on the same evening...

It occurs to me, as things often do at 0543H, that this might also be the 25th anniversary of the last time that Ady, Clarkie and yrs. trly. all appeared behind the same set of decks on the same evening...

Which would have been for a short time only as I think my first DJ spot ever was at the all nighter across the road to the 100 Club, Randy's old 60s mod Last Chance venue. That was after West Hampstead had finished.

Which would have been for a short time only as I think my first DJ spot ever was at the all nighter across the road to the 100 Club, Randy's old 60s mod Last Chance venue. That was after West Hampstead had finished.

I am sure you were all on the bill together at a few early 100 Clubs. :thumbsup:

Guest TONY ROUNCE

It was actually at one of the first 100 Club's that I ever did for you. I only did a handful, so it was very definitely 'early doors' in your DJing career....

Ady

just out of curiosity - is Clarkie gonna be there? Dave Thorley said in the Yate Revival thread that he wasn't taking any bookings due to commitments with his son

Mark C

Yes he'll definitely be there and is greatly looking forward to it. He does have very tough commitments but has got everything covered for the 19th. It's obviously only an exceptional event close to his heart like this that will get him behind the decks for the first time in eons.

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Yes he'll definitely be there and is greatly looking forward to it. He does have very tough commitments but has got everything covered for the 19th. It's obviously only an exceptional event close to his heart like this that will get him behind the decks for the first time in eons.

...or even 'Ian's? :ohmy::lol::lol:

TONE

Due to the uncertainty caused by the post strike Ace Records and myself will be putting any tickets bought and not received yet on the door at the Forum. They will either be on the door of the Box Office where people are paying on the night, or we'll have a separate table in the foyer which we'll tell you about on the night. Either way queue to the right of the building unless told differently.

There will be tickets on sale on the night we are holding back a few hundred for that purpose (the venue holds 2,000+). Be early to make sure you get a ticket if you are planning attending this way.

Ace Records still has tickets, £22 each; state either Upstairs (with unreserved

seating) or Downstairs (standing and dancing). Credit card only bookings now (due to the strike) to Bus Stop 020 8453 1311 office hours. There are no

additional booking fees.

OR

PayPal to ady.croasdell@btinternet.com £23 each ticket by this method to

cover PayPal's charges. Again state upstairs or downstairs.

IN ADDITION the following outlets have tickets for sale at cost price at the stated hours.

The Jazz Cafe, Parkway Camden Town 12 - 6pm Mon to Sat, closed between 2-3 for lunch

Hammersmith Apollo - Box Office is open 4 - 7pm on Show Days Only

(Please call in advance)

The Forum - Box Office is open 12 - 6pm on Saturdays only

In addition an independent ticket agency near Oxford Circus has tickets, they will charge a fee but not as much as seetickets, to be sure ring them first for details. -

Stargreen Ticket Agency

Open 10.15am-6pm Mon - Sat

20-21 Argyll St, Oxford Circus, W1F 7TT

0207 734 8932.

Take the Tube to Oxford Circus (Bakerloo or Central Line, Zone 1). Leave the station by Exit 8, which brings you directly out on the east side of Argyll Street. Stargreen Box Office is on the other side of the street, between Warehouse and Laura Ashley

See you at the Forum,

Ady

Guest Karen Heath

Due to the uncertainty caused by the post strike Ace Records and myself will be putting any tickets bought and not received yet on the door at the Forum. They will either be on the door of the Box Office where people are paying on the night, or we'll have a separate table in the foyer which we'll tell you about on the night. Either way queue to the right of the building unless told differently.

There will be tickets on sale on the night we are holding back a few hundred for that purpose (the venue holds 2,000+). Be early to make sure you get a ticket if you are planning attending this way.

Ace Records still has tickets, £22 each; state either Upstairs (with unreserved

seating) or Downstairs (standing and dancing). Credit card only bookings now (due to the strike) to Bus Stop 020 8453 1311 office hours. There are no

additional booking fees.

OR

PayPal to ady.croasdell@btinternet.com £23 each ticket by this method to

cover PayPal's charges. Again state upstairs or downstairs.

IN ADDITION the following outlets have tickets for sale at cost price at the stated hours.

The Jazz Cafe, Parkway Camden Town 12 - 6pm Mon to Sat, closed between 2-3 for lunch

Hammersmith Apollo - Box Office is open 4 - 7pm on Show Days Only

(Please call in advance)

The Forum - Box Office is open 12 - 6pm on Saturdays only

In addition an independent ticket agency near Oxford Circus has tickets, they will charge a fee but not as much as seetickets, to be sure ring them first for details. -

Stargreen Ticket Agency

Open 10.15am-6pm Mon - Sat

20-21 Argyll St, Oxford Circus, W1F 7TT

0207 734 8932.

Take the Tube to Oxford Circus (Bakerloo or Central Line, Zone 1). Leave the station by Exit 8, which brings you directly out on the east side of Argyll Street. Stargreen Box Office is on the other side of the street, between Warehouse and Laura Ashley

See you at the Forum,

Ady

What's best-upstairs or downstairs? I'm not very good at decision making! :D

Guest TONY ROUNCE

What's best-upstairs or downstairs? I'm not very good at decision making! :D

Depends on whether you prefer the Bellamys or Hudson and Mrs. Bridges, I guess, Karen....

Guest Karen Heath

Depends on whether you prefer the Bellamys or Hudson and Mrs. Bridges, I guess, Karen....

Oh dear Tone, you're not helping-I like both but I would rather be one of The Bellamy's as 'downstairs' are a bit dour. Do you think this translates somehow to the situation at the Forum?

We didn't have this problem withn Wendy May's 'Locomotion' when it was the Town and Country club! :D

All the young dudes and most of the 'hood are going downstairs, upstairs is for toffs, gentlefolk and lazees.

Ady, correct me if I am wrong, but I was of the understanding that the Upstairs/Downstairs thing was only during the live acts then it was all in "mingling" :D so to speak.

QoFxx

Not sure about the all in mingling, Chrissie - 'All In Minging' might be more appropriate for some of the attendees (not you, of course) no.gif

Thank you Tony, and I do know what you mean about some of the other attendees, would I really want them mingling upstairs with us "Bellamys" :D

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Ask Backdoor Kenny...he knows that area very well,.

M

Never mind chalky's parking problems, have you sorted out important things like where we are going to eat, I get very techy if I am not fed before partying :D

QoFxx

dunno if this has been asked but....I know parking is sh*te round them parts but where is the best place to park?

Give me a ring before Friday Chalky,i'll let you into a secret parking spot thats free,no old bill,no wardens/clampers and i still have a pass to enter it,as i'm not driving that night you may use it mate.Due to the fact its also your birthday on Friday..

Kenny said he knows a cheap Indian that we can bag at before hand.

A nice polite reply for Chrissie(o),you must be having a larf aint ya,eating in a curry house with Martin before the event,you do know how he lets em go after eating,more so with a hot madras or simlar,

It'll be minging upstairs,why not put Martin with Mrs Ugly Tree and you join us decent folk for a right old jolly up.

Heres holding my nose already ....Toby..

A nice polite reply for Chrissie(o),you must be having a larf aint ya,eating in a curry house with Martin before the event,you do know how he lets em go after eating,more so with a hot madras or simlar,

It'll be minging upstairs,why not put Martin with Mrs Ugly Tree and you join us decent folk for a right old jolly up.

:thumbup::P

Now there's a thought, no that wouldn't be fair on Martin :D

QoFxx

What are you saying Toby :thumbup: ............

Looking forward to this big time.

M

What are you saying Toby :thumbup: ............

Looking forward to this big time.

M

Martin ,why not go for the Hog roast with white cabbage and spinage stuffing,washed down with a nice porter.

Now thats a thought..i may not attend..

I always assumed that it was Mr Bennett that let em go but after the weekend in Hamburg this is not the case....a quick trip to the nearest army surplass store could be in order for some nasal protection if you are eating before the event..

Whatever smells/pongs that may be coming from upstairs.....THIS WILL BE A TRULEY FANTASTIC NIGHT...

If you aint got a ticket ,,get one fast cos this night is gonna be great..

Martin ,why not go for the Hog roast with white cabbage and spinage stuffing,washed down with a nice porter.

Now thats a thought..i may not attend..

I always assumed that it was Mr Bennett that let em go but after the weekend in Hamburg this is not the case....a quick trip to the nearest army surplass store could be in order for some nasal protection if you are eating before the event..

I've got this on issue but i bet you have a white demo :thumbup:

post-1897-1192209212.jpg

I've got this on issue but i bet you have a white demo :thumbup:

Mines a lot more upmarket than that old fashioned WW2 issue young man,more like a swimmers nasal peg,just like the Aussie "torpedo" Thorpe wears.. :P

Give me a ring before Friday Chalky,i'll let you into a secret parking spot thats free,no old bill,no wardens/clampers and i still have a pass to enter it,as i'm not driving that night you may use it mate.Due to the fact its also your birthday on Friday..

will do mate, nice one. Gonna be a fab night, can't wait to see Winfield!!!!

Guest Karen Heath

dunno if this has been asked but....I know parking is sh*te round them parts but where is the best place to park?

It seems you have been offered a secret masonic style parking option but for others who are not members of any 'lodge', it should be fine. (Camden is my manor!) At that time of day, parking will be ok because it is avoiding Camden itself. Just be careful to observe parking signs at the side of the road. Parking should all be fine after 6 or 6.30 depending where you park but there is the odd rogue bit down Kentish Town Rd. As long as you read the signs t'will be no problem. :thumbup:

Did anyone agree on a pub to meet up at ? If so which one and directions please.

Did anyone agree on a pub to meet up at ? If so which one and directions please.

There are 2 pubs between the tube and the gig, the first is the Assembly House the second is the

Bull & Gate which i think will be the busiest but also looks a proper boozer. Perhaps a local yokel (that's you Heath!) could advise which will meet Mr Rimmer's beveragial needs to the greatest satisfaction.

Source Advert