Guest Andy Kempster

• Replies 290
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Anyone else fancy the Bull & Gate for a pre-event session ? Mr Weston and I will be in there from about 4.30 pm, unless we get the earlier train which means we'll be in there from about 3.30pm :no:

Im hoping to be there for about 6pm :lol:

DOn't think we will be there till a bit later, meeting Rbman and Pete Bennett about 6 near St Pans, grabbing somtheing to eat then heading up towards kentish town and prob call for a quickie in the Bull & Gate.

See ya all morrow night.

Bearsy don't forget your SS LAAS badge and may wear my BSSC badge as well just for effect thumbsup.gif Dave don't go nicking Margie's badge cos I will know, it has her name on it, unless SoulWidow is your weekend name :D , and Woody, Lou's has mrs soul on it so I will know you are not her if you try that one :rolleyes:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

DOn't think we will be there till a bit later, meeting Rbman and Pete Bennett about 6 near St Pans, grabbing somtheing to eat then heading up towards kentish town and prob call for a quickie in the Bull & Gate.

See ya all morrow night.

Bearsy don't forget your SS LAAS badge and may wear my BSSC badge as well just for effect thumbsup.gif Dave don't go nicking Margie's badge cos I will know, it has her name on it, unless SoulWidow is your weekend name :lol: , and Woody, Lou's has mrs soul on it so I will know you are not her if you try that one :D

QoFxx

yes miss :rolleyes: i shall give them both a polish in the morning :no:

Not sure how safe I am in the borough of London these days but will be there with bells on, will be there early so may be looking for some friendly company in the hostelry from 4.30ish too!

Looking forward to this.

Ady what is the earliest I can pick up paid for tickets at door?

Not sure how safe I am in the borough of London these days but will be there with bells on, will be there early so may be looking for some friendly company in the hostelry from 4.30ish too!

Looking forward to this.

Not until the doors open at 7.30, you'll need a change of scene by then anyway.

Cheers

Ady

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Anyone fancying an 'early doors' dance should note that a selection of records will be spun by Kent's 'knights of the sound table' from the minute the venue opens - none of your 'stick that Ry Cooder tape on until the crowd comes in' stuff for us!

See you in about 13 hours and counting down....

Anyone fancying an 'early doors' dance should note that a selection of records will be spun by Kent's 'knights of the sound table' from the minute the venue opens - none of your 'stick that Ry Cooder tape on until the crowd comes in' stuff for us!

See you in about 13 hours and counting down....

Can't wait....leaving work a bit early. Can we use a video camera?

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Can't wait....leaving work a bit early. Can we use a video camera?

Ooh, that's a good point.

The venue has actually told us that press types should take still photographs only, so I assume that they have some sort of 'no videoing' rule in place for everyone.

I'm sure that Ady'll be here on and off during the day, so he'll doubtless clarify the situation.

BTW the 'early doors' set'll feature me and extra added value DJ/compere Eddie Piller, founder of Acid Jazz Records and mate of mine for more than a quarter of a century, doubledecking in our first ever (and possibly our only ever!) DJ appearance together. For those of you who've never met either of us, he'll be the tall devilishly handsome one and I'll be the fat baldy man....

Ooh, that's a good point.

The venue has actually told us that press types should take still photographs only, so I assume that they have some sort of 'no videoing' rule in place for everyone.

I'm sure that Ady'll be here on and off during the day, so he'll doubtless clarify the situation.

BTW the 'early doors' set'll feature me and extra added value DJ/compere Eddie Piller, founder of Acid Jazz Records and mate of mine for more than a quarter of a century, doubledecking in our first ever (and possibly our only ever!) DJ appearance together. For those of you who've never met either of us, he'll be the the David Dickinson look alike and I'll be the fat baldy man....

Let me change that slightly Tony biggrin.gif

Looking forward to this.

Jock, we'll be down early hopefully so will bell you when we land mate and catch up for a pint or few wink.gif

Edited by chalky
Guest Andy Kempster

I knew there had to be a reason that you liked me as much as you do thumbup.gif

Seriously, here's a link that might hep a few pre-gig drinkers. Not sure how up to date some of the entries are but surely at least a few of them'll be right.

The entries link to maps, too, which is also helpful!

https://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml/tr/286

Hic!

TONE

i was in the assembly house on wednesday night, if you're looking for a 'quick' pint then dont bother, at least 10 minutes plus at the bar every time

Guest mrs norman maine

up in the village is good mate but not holloway road at the bottom :thumbsup:

Oi Taffy, watchit ! You are talking of the place I love. And live in. Just you wait Henry Higgins, just you wait......

I haven't had time to read all the posts, but could someone enlighten me as to what time the live acts kick off?

T.I.A.

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Oi Taffy, watchit ! You are talking of the place I love. And live in. Just you wait Henry Higgins, just you wait......

I haven't had time to read all the posts, but could someone enlighten me as to what time the live acts kick off?

T.I.A.

The live acts kick off at 2015 sharp. The dead act of Piller and Rounce on the doubledecks will kick off as the doors open, at 1930...

TONE

T.I.A.

Don't worry, we were just talking about the safest places to park.....my fault :thumbsup:

Steve

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Right, then, I've finally closed the lid on the record box and loaded up the car, so all that's left to do is make a quick trip to the office to pick up headphones and middles (always a handy thing for a DJ to have, I find...) and over to KT for some nosh and all that follows...

See you there!

TONE

Guest Andy Kempster

Right, then, I've finally closed the lid on the record box and loaded up the car, so all that's left to do is make a quick trip to the office to pick up headphones and middles (always a handy thing for a DJ to have, I find...) and over to KT for some nosh and all that follows...

See you there!

TONE

wooohhoooooo

time marches on, wont be long now

Guest Karen Heath

T.I.A.

It's terrible isn't it-all these out-of-towners saying how they can't leave their namby-pamby cars around our area.....especially that Taffy-he's from the home counties you know! :thumbsup:

Guest Andy Kempster

i feel like a little kid....sooooo looking forward to this......a real buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i hope you'll be on your best behaviour tonight martin old bean

(did they really say £3.30 for a can of red stripe in there on wednesday or were my ears deceiving me?)

Guest James Trouble

Is anyone heading back through Essex afterwards and would like to give me lift to Chelmsford as my car is in the wreckers yard after the smash last weekend?

But my whiplash seems to have eased up just in time for tonight. So no way of getting home, but I'll figure that out after the party... :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble

It's terrible isn't it-all these out-of-towners saying how they can't leave their namby-pamby cars around our area.....especially that Taffy-he's from the home counties you know! :thumbsup:

oi kitty remember your roots - your a herts girl :lol: oh and sorry wendy thought you lived in muswell hill :yes:

Guest James Trouble

Another crash ????? :D Face it James you CANNOT drive an RX8 properly :D Trade it down for a BMW 3 series or something. :D

LOL, it's the other drivers who can't drive, although this time was partly my fault, hitting a stationary car at almost 50mph can't really be blamed on anyone else but me, even though a chav in a ford had just cut me up before making a clean get away leaving me to pick up the bill :D Ouch wacko.gif The other crashes have all been other people or objects hitting me, honest guv! :D

Chat later Steve...

Source Advert