K G B Allnighters Sheffield

22ndsoul

45 minutes ago, Ian Parker said:

Fred is still active on the scene,  plays some fine records. 

p.s.   anyone know what Malc Burton is doing these days ? 

Malc used to post on here, quite a while ago now; but haven't heard him from anything from him on here or heard anything about him for ages. Decent man, friendly, very kind. I know Sean Hampsey was in touch with him regularly, but I've not heard or seen Sean for ages either?

Peter

Social source share

• Replies 54
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Was a regular at the KGB and still have my membership card. We’d see Nev at a midweek do at Inky Social Club Chesterfield and he would come and pick us up at Sheffield train station on Saturday evening. We used to do the warm up before the nighter and grab some chips and nick a bottle of milk from the diary nearby waiting to get back in to the nighter. The trains from chesterfield early evening were always pretty full and most made the long walk to the venue. Nev taxis were great for us especially if it was bad weather. 

Good times and happy memories.

Andy

Social source share

Didn't Terry also have a do at Derby Tiffany's! Recall a nighter that had some sort of "stars" in the ceiling. There was also a dayer in Derby that he may have done. It was around the time that dayers took place at Matlock (78?).

Recall Ginger playing at KGB (Burning Bush) and there were a lot of RCA DJ singles hung around the record decks.

All about the same time as Loughborough Town Hall was going as I recall.

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Steve M said:

Re Lord Burton, Malc is still around (as is Seas) both active on Facebook. I’ll let Malc know about the thread being updated. 

Hi Steve

Good to hear both Malc and Sean are ok. How are you keeping; still have your hand in any way?

Thanks for the update.

Peter

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert