Worst Venue You've Been To

Bigsoulman

Hi Hammy..Sorry if my post offends you but I can only assume that you know nothing about the background politics and slagging they give our venue so I feel your comment was slightly jaded .As I said the shit they have been saying about our venue and policy can only be described as immature ,childish,jealousy.Hence Im only retorting as they do ofline..I know how at least one of the said promoters reads the site. Would you sit and let others

slate your venue..I DONT THINK SO .

I STICK BY WHAT I SAID..

They seem to not want to discuss it personally hence my post they now have every opportunity to reply.Im a man of my word feel free to talk .

I dont mess my words or try to F**K others clubs over.There may well be a place in Aberdeen for another club I dont mind competion but not by trying to belittle others and cash in on their success.

and as for 200,000 people you may be right Hammy but obviously only 159 are soul fans..haha

and as for Dundee boys venue clash they sorted it out WELL DONE :thumbsup:

maybe they were not trying to muscle in and take over the 5 year established venue before the resident crew moved on to bigger and better things.

whistling.gif

They just need to remember .WE did not start all the shit throwing.

Nuff said...

the gasher

Edited by gash99
Social source share

• Replies 139
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Italy - the do's are air conditioned, and kept immaculate, in bar 10 they have long comfey sofas, plenty of seating, marble toilets

link

Yes an` they have italians as well,say no more!!!ken.

Social source share

You'd think peace would be easy ..... Lets look at the facts ... They have different music policies

Yes Pete.... Davie is right. we have different music policies

We play 70's and 60,s

and the Carlton play 60's and 70's

there in lies the difference.

they don't clash at all ... Wheres the problem ?

There is no problem as Carlton was last week and we are this week.

The Dundee boys had a venue clash and handled it with class and dignity ... It's the way forward

Class and Dignity the famous shot gun makers from Dundee.

As rumour has it the last time there was a clash of dates in Dundee

death threats were being handed out like foreskins at a bar mitzvah.

The gasher wink.gif

Social source share

They just need to remember .WE did not start all the shit throwing.

Nuff said...

the gasher

link

Richie

You brought it onto a pubic forum though. I don't remember them coming on here and using this forum as a vehicle to fling the mud. Trust me mate - it won't do anyone any good in the long run , not matter who's in the right.

I have enormous sympathy for you guys if you're getting it in the neck from the Carlton promoters, but there's a difference with abusive texts flying back and forward in Aberdeen and coming on here and bringing it to the attention of 2000 soul source members.

Let's put this to bed.

Hammy

Social source share

How do Hammy.

my original post as below

was mereley informative

which bit was me slagging their club?

all is factual..Im not saying there was only 9 people when there was 99

Would you not be dissapionted to arrive at ABERDEEN after travelling for 3-4 hours to only find 9 in attendance.?

Im sure you would..Dont want others to be disillusioned.

Dont know about worst but

contender for lowest attendance has to be THE CARLTON in Aberdeen on Satuday

NOT MY CLUB just to put the record straight

But to put things in Perspective

they had 9 people at the event I was told..or was it 11 ?

And we have sold out our event this weekend.150+

Just goes to show that not every city needs two soul nights.

Attendances speak for themselves,somethings work others dont.

It may be the only way for them to have the ability to air their differences.You should know me I dont mess my words.

This gives them every opportunity to reply without having to

go to a stand off.

Do the soulies not have the right to know whats going on?

If you want to put it to bed then

NIGHT NIGHT it is.

I thought at least YOU would have understood my position on this stance.

Have a good one mate.

regards Richie

Edited by gash99
Social source share

How do  Hammy.

It may be the only way for them to have the balls to air their differences.You should know me I dont mess my words.

This gives them every opportunity to reply without having to

go to a face off.

Do the soulies not have the right to know whats going on?

If you want to put it to bed then

NIGHT NIGHT it is.

I thought at least YOU would have understood my position on this stance.

Have a good one mate.

regards  Richie

link

Not taking sides here at all, don't know enough about what's gone on behind the scenes.. but...

1) If the other party wanted to discuss it on here I would have thought they would have done so by now.

2) 99% of the people on this forum are likely to be in Aberdeen very rarely.. if ever.. the chances of them being there on a date when one of the do's is on is even smaller. If they did happen to, then they won't have a choice between venues as they don't clash... or they might just get the impression that the scene up there is full of fighting and politics and avoid it all together! Which would be a shame.

Like I said, don't know exactly what's gone on but wouldn't it be better to rise above it with dignity, or direct your complaints to the people concerned... not rant to a forum of people the majority of whom don't know (or care if we're being honest) what you're talking about.

Rachel

Social source share

1) If the other party wanted to discuss it on here I would have thought they would have done so by now.

Rachel

I only posted two days ago..

2) 99% of the people on this forum are likely to be in Aberdeen very rarely.. if ever.. the chances of them being there on a date when one of the do's is on is even smaller. If they did happen to, then they won't have a choice between venues as they don't clash... or they might just get the impression that the scene up there is full of fighting and politics and avoid it all together! Which would be a shame.

you are correct on that one

Like I said, don't know exactly what's gone on but wouldn't it be better to rise above it with dignity, or direct your complaints to the people concerned... not rant to a forum of people the majority of whom don't know (or care if we're being honest) what you're talking about.

my rantings were merley informative..

Consider it forgotten about.

I'll just get back to posting my normal drivel..

As obviously no one in England/Europe is interested what goes on up here.

The Gasher..I'll just pop the dummy back in

haha whistling.gif

Social source share

• 1 month later...

In reply to Richie (Gasher).

I must apologise to all the people who encouraged me not to reply to this post. However, after reading Gasher's comments, I feel that this would not have been right.

So here's the one you've been waiting for.

Richie,

As a resident DJ and one of the promoters of the Carlton, I would like to put your allegations into perspective.

Firstly, yes we had a low turnout at our last night (9 is an under exaggeration). However, this had a lot to do with the fact that in the afternoon and evening, Aberdeen and surrounding area saw blizzard conditions. Everywhere in the city centre was dead that night, with many roads blocked and taxis refusing to move. As a result most of our regulars did not attempt to venture out.

I wouldn't have either if it weren't for me DJ'ing. With an inch of snow lying before 9pm and four or five by morning, I was lucky to get home, having to abandon my car, even after leaving early. As such we had our poorest turn out by far.

Even if at some point in the night there was as little as nine, this is still not the lowest ever seen at an Aberdeen soul night. Cast your mind back to the East Neuk, which you were involved in. These nights regularly had poor attendance; however the wife and I nearly always supported them. How many years did it take for you guys to get it right? We are a new night and are still learning.

Secondly, I personally have never slagged off any of your nights; in fact I regularly defend them. Also, as you know I always support them, having missed very few over the years. This is more than can be said about you with regard to our nights. Why don't you come along one night?

I regularly tell people as a progressive soul night goes; the Belmont in my humble opinion is the best in Scotland.

However, I do acknowledge that there has been some uncalled for slagging and the winding up of people from other quarters on both sides, but not from me. This upsets me and I have actively tried to stop this. Your post has not helped.

As for not wanting to personally discuss this, I do not know where you got this from. Let's be adult enough to take this off this forum and discuss this face to face over a pint.

Dez. ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Its not just the toilets i'm on about, its the floor the punters ect, but for the sake of loo's The Kings Hall in Stoke and the wonderful Spanish Ballroom in The Winter Gardens in Blackpool take some beating and that goes for the floor, punters ect, you pay good money to go to a properly run do then you should be treated that way, its not like the old days where you expected the place to be a shithole, this is 2005 and a  place like the Ritz should move out of the 80s and give the people who attend these venue's some respect and not having to wade through piss, shit and vomit then be ripped off at the bar then told by a bouncer that "your blocking the fire door...so move now", to me The Ritz is just a seedy club with a crap dancefloor and toilets, do the promoters take that into consideration?, i've never been to the Dome but from what i've read its another dump, i'm not asking for 5 star facilities, just a properly run club with emphasis on the paying customer

link

Toilets at Plinston are top notch whistling.gif

Social source share

Hi Dek..Thats fine with me..

Ok you buy the beers and we can talkantime you want to.

My gripe is not with you and never has been.

I apologise if you took it personally..

It was aimed at Mr Copeland Mr Buchan and Mr Willox.

I know you are a man of taste and quality records..and I/we are very grateful of the support we have had from you and Sonia over the years

I also know how you stand on the bootleg front and

how you were told to stay away if you did not like your FRIENDS policies.

For your compadres to slag off our venue is ok though?

I DONT THINK SO MATE

So whats good for the goose and all that.

They...not you..THEY.... shouldnt dish it if they cant take it.

Childish maybe ..but thats the way they seem to play.

If you lie down with dogs you wake up with fleas..

I dont go to the Carlton because i dont agree with the music policy that they stipulated when they started.

Its as simple as that mate nothing more nothing less and certainly no disrespect to you.

Maybe see you at the Tunnels...or not i dont know

hope tonight goes well for you..

Richie...

Social source share

Ok Richie,

Point taken!

I do not condone anybody slagging off any soul night, especial any held in Aberdeen. I have tried to make that point clear on a number of occasions to the above mentioned persons.

It all seems very stupid to me. Everyone used to all get along fine. Do you think it's gone too far for reconciliation?

I'll arrange to discuss this with you, over a pint, along with a number of other issues which I don't want to go into here. I'll phone.

As for the tunnel, I would still be there even if you banned me.

Cheers,

D whistling.gif

Social source share

Hi Dek..just pm me with any other issues you have.

I would love to go for a pint but Im in Kazakstan at the moment.

lets take it off list and we can discuss it like the hairy arsed men we are.

And why would i ban my 2 best punters.

regards Richie

Social source share

Both richie and tubbs have been running things in Aberdeen for as long as i can remember,trying the bollocks of to try and get a night started and , also the allnighter in the hotel by the harbour, Just like myself in edinburgh,while the old wiganers were trying to make happy families, then now decide to go back to there youth and want to start running soul nights again, so after all the hard work you put in over the years , they start to slag you of and the soul scene being what it is full of sheep, rumours start, well i would just like to add, that yes blowing my own trumpet and for richie and tudds , and other soulies who where there when wigan shut its doors in Scotland you would not have had a soul scene to come back to or even for the ones that have just found soul over the last 5 years, you would never have found it. SO STOP BITCHING AND AS FOR THE ONES WHO MOAN ABOUT VENUES AND promoters try running a night yourself then you can have your say as it aint easy,WE KNOW.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IN EDINBURGH WHEN CENTAIN PEOPLE ONE OF WHO USED TO CALL ME UP AND ASK TO BE PUT ON THE GUEST LIST, AND THEN AFTER AFEW TIMES SAW THERE WAS MONEY AND STARTED CALLING ME THIS AND THAT AND THEN PUTTING NIGHTS ON THE SAME NIGHT, I MOVED THE DATES SO NOT TO CLASH , BUT IT HAPPENED TO MANY TIMES SO I HAVE NOW , PUT MUY MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE AND ITS LESS GRIEF BUT THE MUSIC HAS GONE BACK TO WIGAN POP OLDIES, GOOD LUCH RICHIE AND TUBBS AND HOPE YOUR NIGHT IS A GREAT SUCCESS,

Social source share

NICE 2 SEE DEREK MISSED OUT THE OTHER CO PROMOTER OF ABERDEEN SOUL CLUB.STEVE RIDDELL.WHO AS FAR AS I KNOW.HAS ATTENDED MOST SOUL EVENTS IN SCOTLAND OVER THE LAST 21YEARS+EVERY EVENT DEREK HAS PUT ON.LOOKS LIKE THE PUNTERS WHO KEEP THE SCENE ALIVE GET OVERLOOKED. :angry:

Social source share

NICE 2 SEE DEREK MISSED OUT THE OTHER CO PROMOTER OF ABERDEEN SOUL CLUB.STEVE RIDDELL.WHO AS FAR AS I KNOW.HAS ATTENDED MOST SOUL EVENTS IN SCOTLAND OVER THE LAST 21YEARS+EVERY EVENT DEREK HAS PUT ON.LOOKS LIKE THE PUNTERS WHO KEEP THE SCENE ALIVE GET OVERLOOKED. :angry:

link

Ok then steve as well, who never moans and likes his stuff, (music that is), and there has also been a good traveling crowd from Dundee over the years, who if they had not attended the nights in edinburgh, most venues would have been empty.but its the ones who have just came back over the last few years like the ones on the other topic, about a club that i first started many years ago with kenny burrell and i always enjoyed djN at, Or the onse who have just found the scene and want to dictate and forget we were there when they where still buying now thats what i call shite music, but now think they are the know every thing about everything but, your soul scene is going backwards all the djs you like we had them up years ago , MUSSELBURGH , CLOUDS, CAVENDISH UPSTAIRS, LEIHT TOWN HALL, CLAREMONT HOTEL, PARKVIEW HOTEL, AND MANY MORE BUT YOU WOULD`NT KNOW THIS COS AS I SAY VIRGIN AND HMV WAS WERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR TUNES. ANYWAY MY DAYS OF RUNNING SOUL NIGHT ARE NOW OVER, WHICH WILL BE GOOD NEWS TO MANY, BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS F**K YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Ok then steve as well, who never moans and likes his stuff, (music that is), and there has also been a good traveling crowd from Dundee over the years, who if they had not attended the nights in edinburgh, most venues would have been empty.but its the ones who have just came back over the last few years like the ones on the other topic, about a club that i first started many years ago with kenny burrell and i always enjoyed djN at, Or the onse who have just found the scene and want to dictate and forget we were there when they where still buying now thats what i call shite music, but now think they are the know every thing about everything but, your soul scene is going backwards all the djs you like we had them up years ago , MUSSELBURGH , CLOUDS, CAVENDISH UPSTAIRS, LEIHT TOWN HALL, CLAREMONT HOTEL, PARKVIEW HOTEL, AND MANY MORE BUT YOU WOULD`NT KNOW THIS COS AS I SAY VIRGIN AND HMV WAS WERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR TUNES. ANYWAY MY DAYS OF RUNNING SOUL NIGHT ARE NOW OVER, WHICH WILL BE GOOD NEWS TO MANY, BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS F**K YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

link

hmmm offensive as always derek .....that " i've been doin this years and that makes me great" is bollocks and i'm pretty sure the people on here realise that ..

personally i don't care if any of that was aimed at me and i have some devastating news for you .....all those venues you mentioned (including the ones you can't spell) ARE CLOSED NOW AND IN THE PAST ...........live with it

Davie

Social source share

hmmm offensive as always derek .....that " i've been doin this years and that makes me great" is bollocks and i'm pretty sure the people on here realise that ..

personally i don't care if any of that was aimed at me and i have some devastating news for you .....all those venues you mentioned (including the ones you can't spell) ARE CLOSED NOW AND IN THE PAST ...........live with it

Davie

link

DAVE YOU ARE WORSE THAN ME, AND NOTHING WAS AIMED AT YOU BUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN BAD MOUTHING ME THATS UP TO YOU, BUT I HAVE SPOKE TO YOU A FEW TIMES AND THINK YOU ARE OK, AND NOTHING WAS AIMED AT YOU, AS FOR SPELLING YES MINE IS SHIT BUT , I HAVE GOT ON WELL IN LIFE FIRE SERVICE AND ALSO WORK FOR MY SELF PLASTERING, FIVE BEDROOMED HOUSE AND 3 FLATS BROUGHT FOR CASH SO YOU CAN SPELL BIG DEAL , DAVIE NOTHING WAS AIMED AT YOU , AND LIKE YOU MATE RACHEL I ASKED HER TO DJ AFTER YOU PUT HER FORWARD SHE DIDNT MAKE IT BUT I WAS GOING TO ASK HER AGAIN BUT CANT BE BOTHERED WITH THE SHIT ANYMORE, AND IF ANYONE WAS PUTTING ON A NIGHT IN EDINBURGH THEY ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO MY EMAIL LIST OR ADDRESS BOOK , SO DAVE NO HARD FEELINGS THE MIRROR THING WAS IN THE PAST IF THATS WHAT YOU MEAN , OK I WILL GET YOU A PINT SOMETIME, DEREK ,

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

DAVE YOU ARE WORSE THAN ME, AND NOTHING WAS AIMED AT YOU BUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN BAD MOUTHING ME THATS UP TO YOU, BUT I HAVE SPOKE TO YOU A FEW TIMES AND THINK YOU ARE OK, AND NOTHING WAS AIMED AT YOU, AS FOR SPELLING YES MINE IS SHIT BUT , I HAVE GOT ON WELL IN LIFE FIRE SERVICE AND ALSO WORK FOR MY SELF PLASTERING, FIVE BEDROOMED HOUSE AND 3 FLATS BROUGHT FOR CASH SO YOU CAN SPELL BIG DEAL , DAVIE NOTHING WAS AIMED AT YOU , AND LIKE YOU MATE RACHEL I ASKED HER TO DJ AFTER YOU PUT HER FORWARD SHE DIDNT MAKE IT BUT I WAS GOING TO ASK HER AGAIN BUT CANT BE BOTHERED WITH THE SHIT ANYMORE, AND IF ANYONE WAS PUTTING ON A NIGHT IN EDINBURGH THEY ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO MY EMAIL LIST OR ADDRESS BOOK , SO DAVE NO HARD FEELINGS THE MIRROR THING WAS IN THE PAST IF THATS WHAT YOU MEAN , OK I WILL GET YOU A PINT SOMETIME, DEREK ,

link

all this bitchin' is tedious though derek ...i spend more time on the mod scene these days as there seems to be a lot less bitchin going on ...

oh and i am putting a night on in edinburgh but your list won't help me ....it's a rhythm and soul night on june 11th with me and kev conn residents and big gerry and mikey collins guesting ..

Davie

Social source share

Never mind lads you'll be able to cheer yourselves up and take your minds off all this politics  shit by watching Scotand play Italy tonight and get another 3 points on the way to qualifying for the world cup :rolleyes:   :lol:

link

you better believe it. Well hump the Italians who use week old chip fat on their hair

Social source share

"Man Alive and i thought the English scene had it's problems. "

Never occured to me to make the trip north of the border. Quite frankly I cant wait now guys.

Such entertainment...........and we're all in it for the music!

Changing subject, & back on thread went to Russ W 30 th anniv nite in Wigan. I know the politics of it all & sorta knew it was gonn a be a questionable nite. f*** me was I right. Located in a disco palace with more tinsel than santas grotto. Every knowing soulie within 100 miles had blacked the event & it died on its arse. Ist time I'd been back to wigan since the glory days!

As we never leave until the last knockings we had to persuade Russ to wind it up early. Apparently it was worse the following nite when the BBC recorded bits and bobs.

Would appreciate somebody telling me different

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Changing subject, & back on thread went to Russ W 30 th anniv nite in Wigan. I know the politics of it all & sorta knew it was gonn a be a questionable nite. f*** me was I right. Located in a disco palace with more tinsel than santas grotto. Every knowing soulie within 100 miles had blacked the event & it died on its arse. Ist time I'd been back to wigan since the glory days!

As we never leave until the last knockings we had to persuade Russ to wind it up early. Apparently it was worse the following nite when the BBC recorded bits and bobs.

Would appreciate somebody telling me different

:)

link

Jeepers Col. That sounds bad. Did you get your money back? It makes you wonder why he keeps going and doesn't just call it a day. :sleep3:

Social source share

all this bitchin' is tedious though derek ...i spend more time on the mod scene these days as there seems to be a lot less bitchin going on ...

oh and i am putting a night on in edinburgh but your list won't help me ....it's a rhythm and soul night on june 11th with me and kev conn residents and big gerry and mikey collins guesting ..

Davie

link

Well its there if you want it send me an email and i will send you back the list, and post you a copy of the address book,

derek

Social source share

LOL@ VicG. Nice to see you found something positive. Love the sense of humuor too.

Getting back to the original question. What exactly do you mean by worst? Is it facilities? We do seem to have got bogged down (no pun intended) on toilets. Is it layout? Dancefloor? Atmosphere?

If I used the 100 club as an example. (Sorry Ady, hope this comes out positive)

Layout is fine. Bar at one end, dealers at the other, floor in the middle.

Toilets? nuff said already.

Dancefloor? If you can find a pothole free patch - pretty damn good actually. Atmosphere 11/10. Walking down into a basement club like that with all it's heritage I really feel as if I'm part of an original underground scene. I love it.

And if the atmosphere's there I'll overlook everything else.

Social source share

I was thinking the exact same thing wendy!

link

Me too, if classy surroundings meant classy clienteles, why is there so much violence at normal clubs? :sleep3: no give me a shithole with character and good music btw the Ritz use to be considered as quite a luxurious venue in the '70s with its bouncing dancfloor! Del x

Social source share

my original post as below

was mereley informative

which bit was me slagging their club?

all is factual..Im not saying there was only 9 people when there was 99

Would you not be dissapionted to arrive at ABERDEEN after travelling for 3-4 hours to only find 9 in attendance.?

Im sure you would..Dont want others to be disillusioned.

You are all probably either not interested or getting bored with this topic but for all those who have been keeping up with this thread, Saturday nights Carlton had 70+ attendances, which IMHO is reasonable for a small venue.

No blizzard conditions this time.

The atmosphere was brilliant and the floor was busy most of the night. Guest DJ's Hammy and Mike Coates from Edinburgh did everyone proud.

:sleep3:

Edited by Dezzie Boy
Social source share

Me too, if classy surroundings meant classy clienteles, why is there so much violence at normal clubs? :sleep3: no give me a shithole with character and good music btw the Ritz use to be considered as quite a luxurious venue in the '70s with its bouncing dancfloor! Del x

link

Blimey! The "V" word.

If ever there was a difference between Northern and the rest of the world that's it.

And amen to that!!!

Social source share

6.03am, the Rocket. :sleep3:

link

You got back before me then,Ian it is a shame really because its a top venue,the promoters might try getting main room nice and clean,ready for top nighter! oh and door staff bit keen or what? would not mind if they smiled,anyway after standing in line for ages,get in then join the line in a line for ages,finaly get in big room,spending 30 or so mins waiting forJoe wallace(happy b/day girl)to get things under-way,i danced to about four records decided needed to go home get changed,but no passouts so went home,did come back for last half hour and door staff would not let me in,to sum-up £10 or so,to dance to four records sad eh!,the warm up was good though :) Ken

Social source share

6.03am, the Rocket. :sleep3:

link

I have to agree with the guy earlier (but can't find his post).

Firday night my front room, v poor atendance just me and mr smirnoff, ok so he brings the booze and its cheap, the dance floors wooden, the ladies is always clean and plenty of loo roll - but my god is the DJ crap!!!!

Social source share

What do our readers think is the worst venue in the UK at the moment, mine has to be The Ritz in Manchester or should I say the pitz!, an out and out rock venue bar none despite the hype about it, and what about the trip to the bogs?, I was half expecting to see a sign saying This Way To The Circle and District Line, or Mind The Gap wacko.gif

link

I must agree with you. I attended the last allnighter there. It was my first time there, and my last. The most unhelpfull staff, highest bar prices, no where to sell records, whoever designed the interior decor must have been on bad gear, no food or hot drinks on sale, and the music was woeful. Quite simply the worst allnighter that I have attended. Ever.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

All this talk about having to walk to the toilets and the bar stools being too high is really a sign that most of you lot are getting old imo whistling.gif

Being one of the younger members of this scene I can't comment on venues in the distant past but surely there were some dives back in the day? I am also sure that it didnt bother people like it does now.

This forum in recent weeks has been nothing but complaining about everything and everyone. (not just our friends north of the border either! whistling.gif )

I think this forum gives everyone a chance to speak which is a good thing but it also lets miserable b******s have their say too. Can I request some more fun and enjoyment on these pages? :thumbsup:

Shane

Social source share

All this talk about having to walk to the toilets and the bar stools being too high is really a sign that most of you lot are getting old imo  whistling.gif

Being one of the younger members of this scene I can't comment on venues in the distant past but surely there were some dives back in the day? I am also sure that it didnt bother people like it does now.

This forum in recent weeks has been nothing but complaining about everything and everyone. (not just our friends north of the border either!  whistling.gif )

I think this forum gives everyone a chance to speak which is a good thing but it also lets miserable b******s have their say too. Can I request some more fun and enjoyment on these pages?  :thumbsup:

Shane

link

Hear Hear!!!

I think I said on another thread that all everything seems to be peeps moaning, I thought it was something to do with male PMT (post/pre moon tension) but it doesn't seem to have stopped.

Yes venues were dives in the past(wigan early 70s a perfect example) as long as the music, the company and beer is flowing what the heck, think it is something to do with people getting older and expecting higher standards as there own standards of living improve. Just watching that prog on Ikea and seems to me that it's all there fault!!!

No there's a thought IKEA designing soul venues - hell no give me sticky carpets anytime!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert