Jm Ending Today 26th September

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Awake 502

I was watching the JM auction lost track at 2 PM Ernie Wheelwright was @ £925 how did it all end up.

Ended at £995

One that shocked me was

Master Four - Love Has Taken Wings £1511

This is without a doubt the worst record I have ever heard, there is an obvious reason it is so rare... It's absolute cack...... :thumbsup:

Social source share

how did it all end up.

Bob & Earl - Everybody Jerk - Warner Bros promo - £64

Ben Brown - Ask The Lonely c/w Sidewinder - Polydor - £95

Roy Roberts - Got To Have Your Love - Ninandy - £209

Tiaras - Right On c/w Lost Girl - New Sound By Revere Music - £163

Ceveland Davis & the Soundmasters - A Man Is Much Like A Baby - Cyntha - £137

Little Dooley and the Fabulous Tears - She's So Fine c/w I Love You - B&J - £149

George Blackwell - Can't Lose My Head - Smoke DEMO - £798

Ernie Wheelwright - In Your Arms - Gaye - £995

Master Four - Love Has Taken Wings c/w Where Have You Been - Tay-ster - £1511

Matt Brown - Thank You Baby c/w Sweet Thing - Jarval - £535

Village Choir - Sweet Hot Lips c/w Along The Beach - N.Y.C Street Sound - £385

James Bell & the Highlighters Band - Amazing Love c/w Poppin' Popcorn - Rojam - £332

Brenda Holloway - Together 'Til The End Of Time c/w Sad Song - Tamla Motown DEMO - £207

Percy Milem - Call On Me c/w Crying Baby, Baby - Stateside Demo - £144

Ben E. King & various - Saturday Night At the Apollo - Atlantic LP autographed - £53

Social source share

Ended at £995

One that shocked me was

Master Four - Love Has Taken Wings £1511

This is without a doubt the worst record I have ever heard, there is an obvious reason it is so rare... It's absolute cack...... :thumbsup:

Agree whole heartedly - Can't decide which side is worse! I mean £1500... I know its all in the ear of the beholder but ....

Rich

Social source share

based on that end price the Ernie Wheelwright that finished on ebay a couple of months ago for about $750 was a good buy.

I thought that was about as high as this copy would go.

But its a great 45 i've been looking for a while and not seen one I could afford.

Hi Dylan

The EW on Ebay a couple of months ago was originally listed as M-, but the listing was pulled after the seller realised the poor sound quality and pointed it out in his listing. I think it would have gone for more if it sounded better (I would certainly have bid on it).

Regards

Social source share

Hi Dylan

The EW on Ebay a couple of months ago was originally listed as M-, but the listing was pulled after the seller realised the poor sound quality and pointed it out in his listing. I think it would have gone for more if it sounded better (I would certainly have bid on it).

Regards

Different record admittedly but my copy of Sheppard Brothers on the Gene label looks M- and plays with a bit of background noise.

I just put it down to the label not having high quality of press.

I do need this EW to sit next to Ted Ford, Sheppard Brothers and Lee Maye but it certainly seems to be the most expensive one.

Thanks for clip Simon I think we have discussed this before and you kindly mailed me a full mp3. Somebody certanly did.

Its "begging you back" that I like.

Social source share

I just put it down to the label not having high quality of press.

I do need this EW to sit next to Ted Ford, Sheppard Brothers and Lee Maye but it certainly seems to be the most expensive one.

Thanks for clip Simon I think we have discussed this before and you kindly mailed me a full mp3. Somebody certanly did.

Its "begging you back" that I like.

I think i did if i remember rightly Dylan, it's a tough record to get, took me a long long time, i don't think the EW is of the highest quality of press but still sounds superb, it would have been off the scale if it had been pressed at Motown or something of that high calibre.

Simon

Social source share

I think i did if i remember rightly Dylan, it's a tough record to get, took me a long long time, i don't think the EW is of the highest quality of press but still sounds superb, it would have been off the scale if it had been pressed at Motown or something of that high calibre.

Simon

You got a bargain there mate thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Simon

It sounds like a studio tape, complicated backing with the vocal over the top a bit like Al Hughes on Scope - Take It Or Leave It where you can clearly hear other sound fields in the mix.

Edited by Prophonics 2026
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert