The Tomangoes On Washpan

Pauldonnelly

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My brother told me Tuesday night that they're ALL bootlegs. :)

Does he speak with forked tounge?

45 Cellar is right, Nashville Matrix stamped copies are original. My mate George has one from a trade he did with Ian from Lowton.

Social source share

I sold one last month. Mr Washington put out so many records so many times on so many labels he doesn't know what came out and what didn't by the sounds of it.

Not an unusual state of affairs with artists memories from 40 years ago. Unless it made the Hot 100 and lots of $$$, many artists simply forgot about their recordings/labels/issues etc. Hence they balk when they realise the UK bootleggers have had them over.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

45 Cellar is right, Nashville Matrix stamped copies are original. My mate George has one from a trade he did with Ian from Lowton.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SELL ME ONE OF THIEIR NASHVILLE MATRIX STAMPED "BOOTLEGS",I`LL GIVE THEM A DECENT PRICE FOR A BOOTLEG..... :):thumbsup:

Social source share

Not an unusual state of affairs with artists memories from 40 years ago. Unless it made the Hot 100 and lots of $$$, many artists simply forgot about their recordings/labels/issues etc. Hence they balk when they realise the UK bootleggers have had them over.

I just talked to an artist who just got on the internet for the first time and googled his name. He has an early 80s 45 that wasn't worth anything, he found it for sale on a bunch of sites. He told me he had all the copies since it was never released and got upset and said it was bootlegged. I couldn't explain to him that it didn't make sense that someone would go through the trouble of pressing up his record and making it look exactly like the copied he had...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert