Any Help Appreciated With A Coupla Track Ids

Guest Scotty73

Guest Scotty73

Hi folks..New round here so I hope I've put this in the right place....

I guess most of you might scoff at me not knowing these tunes but I would really appreciate an ID on em if poss. smile.gif Scuse quality but they're off a really old worn tape...

https://media.putfile.com/tighter

Will post the other tomorrow..

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I guess most of you might scoff at me not knowing these tunes but I would really appreciate an ID on em if poss. smile.gif Scuse quality but they're off a really old worn tape...

'You Should O' Held On'

by

7th Avenue Aviators on Congress

Frankie Karl & the Ceverons on Philtown

Social source share

Hi Sotty and welcome to Soul Source. Please could you post a brief intro in section for new members. Thanks.

Moving this thread to 'Look At Your Box' section.

Social source share

'You Should O' Held On'

by

7th Avenue Aviators on Congress

Frankie Karl & the Ceverons on Philtown

Hey Simon,

can I ask a stupid question? I've loved this sound for years but always been confused by the 2 artists, Frankie Karl & 7th Avenue Aviators......

are they one and the same? Or is it 2 different cuts?

Social source share

Hey Simon,

can I ask a stupid question? I've loved this sound for years but always been confused by the 2 artists, Frankie Karl & 7th Avenue Aviators......

I'm not sure, but I read somewhere that FK&Cs was the first release. Later the group changed name and released it again, but  as 7AAs.

Social source share

Hey Simon,

I have both versions unfortunately the 7th Avenue Aviators has a warp and crack that makes it unplayable but I think they are the same cut. I did hear that the intro was longer in the Frankie Karl version but not to my ears it isn't.

Social source share

Guest Scotty73

Hi Sotty and welcome to Soul Source. Please could you post a brief intro in section for new members. Thanks.

Moving this thread to 'Look At Your Box' section.

Hey folks,Thanks ever so much for that,I'll get a crack on hunting that down....Ian,already done the other night mate :ohmy:

Social source share

I have both versions unfortunately the 7th Avenue Aviators has a warp and crack that makes it unplayable but I think they are the same cut. I did hear that the intro was longer in the Frankie Karl version but not to my ears it isn't.

They are the same as far as I can tell. Wasn't it thought at one time that it was demo'ed as Frankie Karl and then issued as 7th Avenue Aviators untill an issue turned up of Frankie Karl :thumbsup:

T'other side pretty good group too.

Social source share

Guest Scotty73

Hi all ,managed to find time to record this other snippet today...Guess i'm gonna be going the reissue route with the Frankie Karl disc then!..I try to make it policy never to spend more on a record than I would on a car rolleyes.gif

This one's really tickling my pickle at the mo'...anyone know what it is please?

https://media.putfile.com/uptempo63

Social source share

Hi all ,managed to find time to record this other snippet today...Guess i'm gonna be going the reissue route with the Frankie Karl disc then!..I try to make it policy never to spend more on a record than I would on a car rolleyes.gif

This one's really tickling my pickle at the mo'...anyone know what it is please?

https://media.putfile.com/uptempo63

Damon Fox - Packing Up - Fairmount

You have expensive taste my friend. You can get a nice second hand car for less than £4,000 I bet.

Social source share

Guest Scotty73

Jesus!! sad.gif

Just checked around on the Damon Fox...How much???...Did happen to see that a re ish sold yesterday on evilbay for £3.99 tho'..Probs keep me eye out for one of those...More interested in having the tune than owt really...

Thanks ever so much for your swift replies..gonna have a snoop round the rest of the board now....

Social source share

Guest Scotty73

so,scotty73, the two tunes u asked about are on the same boot EP ! result mate, dont no how much the boot on OOTP would cost mate but prob not a lot

bugger me!..yer right..nice one..OOTP? is that a known boot label then?..."Out of the..summat or other"?

Social source share

Guest Scotty73

Out Off The Past,think the label had a few great tunes on there

many thanks all :thumbsup:

just managed to pick up a copy of the ootp on evilbay :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!