Gasher

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The only couple of soul things I remember being around on the bona-fide Eric were re-issues of "Michael" CODs and "Hey girl" Freddie Scott which of course aren't Amy/Mala/Bell [unless distributed which I don't think they were].

Guess someone just used label design for later bootlegs but if John does know owt perhaps he could also shed some light on Promised Land " Cheyanne" release which was hugely popular at one time and yet only on Eric as far as I know.

ROD

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

The only couple of soul things I remember being around on the bona-fide Eric were re-issues of "Michael" CODs and "Hey girl" Freddie Scott which of course aren't Amy/Mala/Bell [unless distributed which I don't think they were].

Guess someone just used label design for later bootlegs but if John does know owt perhaps he could also shed some light on Promised Land " Cheyanne" release which was hugely popular at one time and yet only on Eric as far as I know.

ROD

Here's some informartion to assist.

Eric was a reissue label opperating in the 70's.

Owned by Bill Buster (yes true) and opperating out of Westville, New Jersey and distributed by Rock Island in Camden, NJ.

Certainly their were reissues Northern wise from the Bell group inc Reperata, Tobi Legend and such but also Pop items Del Shannon etc but by now Arista owned the rights so wether these were legal or from the generic rights owners, being out of licence, who knows?

Although Bell records was no more at this time the Eric 45's being in styrene were remarkably similar product so it may well be that these were pressed at Bestway, Mountainside, NJ.

I dont have anything on Eric to compare deadwax detail........

ALAN

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

is this a bootleg or a legal reissue

but f*** me £83... :rolleyes: .daft buggers

:wicked:

Eric was the official re-issue label of "Paris Blues", "Ever Again" etc. of of many, many Amy/Mala/Bell Records . . . so this must be the 'bog standard' re-issue with a made up sleeve!! Whoever bid £83 must have two arse holes!!! :wicked::lol::lol:

Martin

p.s. always liked the issue on Mala anyway!!!

post-2262-1194541752_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Here's some informartion to assist.

Eric was a reissue label opperating in the 70's.

Owned by Bill Buster (yes true) and opperating out of Westville, New Jersey and distributed by Rock Island in Camden, NJ.

Certainly their were reissues Northern wise from the Bell group inc Reperata, Tobi Legend and such but also Pop items Del Shannon etc but by now Arista owned the rights so wether these were legal or from the generic rights owners, being out of licence, who knows?

Although Bell records was no more at this time the Eric 45's being in styrene were remarkably similar product so it may well be that these were pressed at Bestway, Mountainside, NJ.

I dont have anything on Eric to compare deadwax detail........

ALAN

That's a very well researched and informative answer. Why didn't he make it up like the rest of us? I think he should be thrown off the site.

What about Promised Land then, eh?...........come on!!!!

ROD

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

That's a very well researched and informative answer. Why didn't he make it up like the rest of us? I think he should be thrown off the site.

What about Promised Land then, eh?...........come on!!!!

ROD

well, ive been there....but thats another story...you can leave feedback on ebay for Eddie & Ernie when ever you like...preferably in ones lifetime ! :rolleyes: babemagnet.....

Social source share

well, ive been there....but thats another story...you can leave feedback on ebay for Eddie & Ernie when ever you like...preferably in ones lifetime ! :rolleyes: babemagnet.....

You've felt that attraction too then!!!

I think you'll find feedback was left on 27th October, the day I received the 45 after a long delay which unfortunately I cannot blame on you as you posted it on 10th.

I look forward to your dissertation on the Promised Land 45.

ROD

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

I think you'll find feedback was left on 27th October, the day I received the 45 after a long delay which unfortunately I cannot blame on you as you posted it on 10th.

ROD

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

ROD

God Bless.

I'll run the slide rule over the PL 45, however, as DT pointed out it was something residing in Russ's box...and call me a prude, if you wish, I was never one for running my fingers lightly through their, no no, more a favourable grasp at the lad from Bolton's Rickys treasures...sorry lost it somewhat their..anyhow back to ERIC records and i have phoned their old telephone number in NJ 00 1 609 848 1900 and it is not responding, obviously the Tony Middleton sales were a disappointment, again. However here is their address 1120 Crown Point Road, Westville, New Jersey 08093 for a opportunistic line. GOOD LUCK

ALAN

Social source share

I was always a bit wary of the Tony Middleton/Bernie Wiiliams Eric 45's - if I remember correctly they had Frankford Wayne stamps but the sound quality was atrocious, especially the Bernie Williams, dubbed from a knackered single, and why were they done as demos when all the other Eric things were on the usual black and red design?

Or am I just suspicious by nature? :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert