Guest andyrattigan

• Replies 35
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I got mine on blue big top, I think it came out first on yellow big top, but I stand to be corrected

Steve

My copy is a vinyl east coast white demo. Just wondered what makes you think it came out on the west coast before the east coast? I beleive Big Top was an New York label and Lou Johnson recorded there.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

How many colours was this booted in then? I've see them in Blue, and the one below is the one that I have now, I have just one bought on the bay (an original) for a poultry amount, £5.25p.

lou2.jpg

The Brown / Red is the more recent BOOT

The Blue Paper Label a Boot from quite a few years ago.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Nice one Mate, That's brilliant, pleased for you.

Just shows there are still bargains out there. :lol:

Yes that's true, I've picked up a few lately just by sheer 'determination' (nothing to do with Dean Parrish - Boom Boom) :)

Like the original copy of 'Dust my broom - Ike and Tina on tangerine 'Tangerine' records for £8, and 'Judy Clay - you busted my mind' on 'US Scepter' demo for £5.25, and of course, paid a bit more for this one 'The Apollas - Mr Creator' on 'US Warner' demo for £25. But I think the the best 2 I've won were 'Solomon King - This Beautiful day - UK Columbia Demo for £25, later sold for £109, and Pookie Hudson - This get's to me' on Original white and gold 'US Jamie', for £9, sold later for £119.

At the end of the day it's all down to the time you're willing to put into looking for them, and of course, knowing where to look.

Thank you for your kind words and invaluble advise

Steve

Social source share

Did I post this one in the other LJ thread?

Bulletproof vinyl just like Eddie Parker and precisions on Stone. thumbup.gif

wink.gif

post-7917-1244139457_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Did I post this one in the other LJ thread?

Bulletproof vinyl just like Eddie Parker and precisions on Stone. thumbup.gif

wink.gif

post-7917-1223129283.jpg

Hi Steve.

Yes Mate.

That copy is a Beauty, so desirable the Label says it all Quality.

I always look out for stuff on Canadian Labels, very often a lot harder to find than US Labels.

Never seen this one before on Quality, Thanks for Posting it.

Social source share

Me too roger.....I like the "What label is that on" look from the next DJ up....I had a mint Jackie Payne, his 1st recording, "Go Go Train" on the same label, payed pennies for it, it was in the original sleeve with the delivery drivers details hand stamped on both label and sleeve, a really interesting find and a bloody good record to boot. Although I gave it to Pete Everett for his bithday rolleyes.gif

Darrell Banks Somebody, somewhere.... as you will no doubt know is on the same. Somehow north of the border labels and liquorice seem better thought out and better QUALITY!

wink.gif

Social source share

• 7 months later...
Guest Dante

This is the Vinyl BOOT / Counterfeit on BLUE PAPER

Big_Top_101a_B_400.gif__BOOT

Big_Top_101b_B_400.gif__BOOT

Has a Very Narrow Deadwax on the "UNSATISFIED" side with 6514 Scratched in

Hi Roger,

My copy is also blue (which hasn't been on this thread, I think), but it's definitely not paper. It looks like the label is printed/painted directly on the vinyl. Matrix is also 6514 and then two very small letters: L and W (could be M, as they're placed parallel to the grooves) stamped, or so it seems: they're so small I can't tell for sure. Don't have a scanner or camera at the moment, but I'll try to sort a pic by the weekend.

I doubt this is a boot, as I got it in Detroit if I remember correctly, but you never know.

Thanks in Advance,

Dante

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Hi Dante

Yes, I know the type of press, although I haven't a copy of "UNSATISFIED" here is a Similar Scan.

BIG_HILL_552a_400.jpg

Perfectly O.K. Just a different pressing plant. "Bestway Products" was one that printed Label to Disk and used by Bell Distributed Records.

>>> ANORAKS CORNER <<< An Amazing Source Of Information Regarding Pressing Plant Details.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest Dante

Hi Dante

Yes, I know the type of press, although I haven't a copy of "UNSATISFIED" here is a Similar Scan.

BIG_HILL_552a_400.jpg

Perfectly O.K. Just a different pressing plant. "Bestway Products" was one that printed Label to Disk and used by Bell Distributed Records.

>>> ANORAKS CORNER <<< An Amazing Source Of Information Regarding Pressing Plant Details.

That's what I thought. Thanks again, Rog.

Social source share

Guest Dante

scan of blue orig....theres a raised "B" in the deadwax.....

Mine is exactly like yours, only I can't see the rasied B you mention. Thanks for the info. I'm still pretty sure it's an original, as I've said, I bought it in People's Records Detroit, so...

Social source share

Mine is exactly like yours, only I can't see the rasied B you mention. Thanks for the info. I'm still pretty sure it's an original, as I've said, I bought it in People's Records Detroit, so...

Bestway or Raised "B" Normally.

The scan of Magic Potion Instr. doesn't have either, I'm sure that these presses are O.K.

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Yes that's true, I've picked up a few lately just by sheer 'determination' (nothing to do with Dean Parrish - Boom Boom) laugh.gif

Like the original copy of 'Dust my broom - Ike and Tina on tangerine 'Tangerine' records for £8, and 'Judy Clay - you busted my mind' on 'US Scepter' demo for £5.25, and of course, paid a bit more for this one 'The Apollas - Mr Creator' on 'US Warner' demo for £25. But I think the the best 2 I've won were 'Solomon King - This Beautiful day - UK Columbia Demo for £25, later sold for £109, and Pookie Hudson - This get's to me' on Original white and gold 'US Jamie', for £9, sold later for £119.

At the end of the day it's all down to the time you're willing to put into looking for them, and of course, knowing where to look.

Thank you for your kind words and invaluble advise

Steve

Hi Steve

It's great to hear you're still keeping the faith and, collecting soul records again! I have also picked up a few great records at bargain prices, including a Lou Johnson for $9.99 - a bit more than you paid!

I have many great memories of the Central and, the people I met there (yourself included). It would be good to see you at a venue some time

All the best

Dave Raby

Edited by SoulClimber
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert